Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Championship 2013

Options
1787980818284»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Maybe he will go to Waterford?

dalo going would be a big loss for the dubs imo, i think for them if he stays another 2 years then an AI can be theirs, you never know with a new manager what might or might not happen, look at galway e.g. changing their managers so often hasnt worked for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

We should really have a new poll and see where the Dubs votes are going now

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

We should really have a new poll and see where the Dubs votes are going now

Good idea.
    I have a good few Cork friends so I think mine goes to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Maybe he will go to Waterford?

doubt it. But maybe Galway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

doubt it. But maybe Galway!

Galway would be ideal for him,,,but cunningham is staying on.

Daly won't win an all ireland with dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The fact that won't is in bold has really convinced me that you are right.

adrian522 wrote: »
    The fact that won't is in bold has really convinced me that you are right.

I did warn the dubs that cork would do a number on them,,,and so it panned out.

Change would do them good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Rightwing wrote: »
    I did warn the dubs that cork would do a number on them,,,and so it panned out.

Change would do them good.

I think change for its own sake is not a good idea. He has been instrumental in getting them to where they are, and the players clearly believe in him, which is important for them to reach their potential. Changing to a new manager you risk losing that faith in the management set up. Daly, too, has some learning to do. Playing four men up front after the sending off was suicide, but in general he has been showing that he has faith in the players as well. They can win an All Ireland, no doubt at all in my mind about that (Having lost the 2011 semi final they seemed to think that they had progressed and the progress would just continue, which was, of course, completely the wrong lesson, as proven in 2012. The nature of the loss this year is highly unlikely to lead to the same lesson again)

I think change for its own sake is not a good idea. He has been instrumental in getting them to where they are, and the players clearly believe in him, which is important for them to reach their potential. Changing to a new manager you risk losing that faith in the management set up. Daly, too, has some learning to do. Playing four men up front after the sending off was suicide, but in general he has been showing that he has faith in the players as well. They can win an All Ireland, no doubt at all in my mind about that (Having lost the 2011 semi final they seemed to think that they had progressed and the progress would just continue, which was, of course, completely the wrong lesson, as proven in 2012. The nature of the loss this year is highly unlikely to lead to the same lesson again)

I agree with everything above. But next year the championship will be even more competitive. KK will be back, as will Tipp.

Dub seem to struggle with Munster teams, this is a big concern for me,,,reminds me of how LK used to struggle with Leinster teams,,,even inferior ones like Offaly/Wex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

I'm sorry but struggling with Munster teams??
    Every team struggled with Kilkenny, when Dublin had there ass handed to them. Dispite what you believe, tipp did not do a number on them, they lost by 4 points to a team who won the all Ireland the year before and where overwhelming favourites on the day.

Cork didn't do a number on them either.
    Teams that are level 15times in a match is not a beating.
    It was one sloppy goal, a sloppy score.
    That moment the game was up against 15 men.

The years they struggled with limerick 09 they were only building.

It's just the draw that every year they've being up against a Munster team, the following game.

I didn't see them struggling on Sunday.

It was hard to call before the game, and so they were evens in the odds and rightly so.

And the 34%who wanted Dublin to win the all Ireland where the supporters who wanted to dream.

It's an uphill battle again next year but that is next year.
    Tipp, Kilkenny, Galway.

But then every team will have to get over similar hurdles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement