Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

KittyMcM wrote: »
    Did you hear it has owners already? I'd love to know, have a hen party booked in there's for the 21st!!
    Have you paid a deposit?
    If you have, and it was by credit-card, get onto your bank immediately and request a charge-back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Looks like the Croissanterie (not sure of spelling) in the Eyre Square center is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭KittyMcM

dilallio wrote: »
    Have you paid a deposit?
    If you have, and it was by credit-card, get onto your bank immediately and request a charge-back.

Thankfully the House Hotel credited my account Friday night, looks like they won't be opening again anytime soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

All good.
    Apologies for previous info but my source was taken by surprise as well.
    Latest news is that it will be at least partly open by race week when some of the stuff that was taken out goes back in (yep, silly I know).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,844 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Links234 wrote: »
    Looks like the Croissanterie (not sure of spelling) in the Eyre Square center is gone

Ya, hasn't been trading for a couple of weeks now. There fittings are still there, but he furniture is either gone or well hidden from view.

Also, MixGreens are going into the former Cafe Vino in Kiltartan House (Forster St, across from Murty Rabbits) - lets hope they have better luck than all the other cafes that have been in there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Heaslips dry cleaners have closed on Eyre St and Molloys Pantry has opened in its place selling all locally produced/sourced quality foods, its a small shop but has a lot in it, I've become hooked on their ciabattas and also the porridge bread, they've got lots of gluten free stuff also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Planning permission notice on Steamship House on the docks for change of use to a laundry.
    Work started on Foxes bar but don't know if it's going to be a pub again.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Java Johns seems to be taking forever to open.

An Pucan is beginning to look pretty nice inside. They've moved the bar to the left as you go in.

Galway City Hostel (upstairs) http://www.galwaycityhostel.ie/ - posted on Facebook (or somewhere that I noticed but can't find now) that they're re-opening again in July.

Mr O'B and I were speculating that perhaps the pub is gone but the hostel will be bigger. Pure speculation though, haven't even looked at the planning apps to see if there's any evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Links234 wrote: »
    Surprised they made it that long with their prices, on the food anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Planning permission notice on Steamship House on the docks for change of use to a laundry.

I heard that it was bought as a single lot for use as a hostel/hotel (no links). Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Foxs was bought by Kinlay House, they are opening a hostel upstairs and renovating the bar as a backpackers bar AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Adult store opening where Chartbusters was in Terryland Retail Park

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Surprised to hear that - those type of places always seem to be empty

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

donfers wrote: »
    Surprised to hear that - those type of places always seem to be empty

You have obviously been to a lot of them. :o

i hope their range of Dildos are better than in Jade Winters, only a handful of them in there. and they are all strange fluorescent colours! i s**t you not

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

^^ Post of the year right there.

^^ Post of the year right there.

thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

I Taught Chartbusters was where Halfords are now, or am i wrong?

paconnors wrote: »
    I Taught Chartbusters was where Halfords are now, or am i wrong?

Both right and wrong.

Look harder at Steve's post, he's talking about Terryland RP, not Galway RP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

Both right and wrong.

Look harder at Steve's post, he's talking about Terryland RP, not Galway RP.

I Dont think there was ever a chartbusters in terryland retail pk?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

paconnors wrote: »
    I Dont think there was ever a chartbusters in terryland retail pk?

And youd be right about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

And youd be right about that.

I'm thinking that if our shopping centres gave themselves slightly more imaginative names, we might actually remember what they're called!

Eeden wrote: »
    I'm thinking that if our shopping centres gave themselves slightly more imaginative names, we might actually remember what they're called!

Ditto video shops. I'm sure there was one in Terryland ... cannot for the life of me say which one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ditto video shops. I'm sure there was one in Terryland ... cannot for the life of me say which one though.

There was one in Castlelawn years ago. Never been one in the Terryland Retail Park, Chartbusters was in Galway Retail Park and Xtravision is where Xtravision is!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

There was one in Castlelawn years ago. Never been one in the Terryland Retail Park, Chartbusters was in Galway Retail Park and Xtravision is where Xtravision is!

Yip. There was a Zhivagos by Dunnes back in the day. But sure was no Xtra Vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Gourmet Tart shop next to Tesco is being refitted, don't know for what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Manco

Any update on the Home Plate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭ratracer

Plenty of work going on out at the former Bodkins bar at Merlin Park. Signage up for Norio's take away which has been behind that building for a few years. Also a pizzeria/pasta place going in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭disj

Don't know if it was mentioned but a new mexican place, Mex.I.Can was opened in Carlow, haven't eaten there yet but it was tough to resist when I walked by it, the smell was delish.

Does anyone know what happened to the Gastro in Carlow? It was there before Christmas and then gone... The Christmas decor is still on the windows. Sorry if any one already brought this up....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement