Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,923 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Just the one in the Cinema AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

IMC Cinema have a BOI machine

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

snubbleste wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed a newly installed camera or something atop that structure? I'll have another lingering gawk later

That is a mast for Vodafone. The new thingy is for 4G capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Eeden wrote: »
    Is there any other ATM in the Galway Retail Park? There seems to be a trend for taking away accessible ATMs and replacing them with in-shop ones. I realise there is a security element to this, but it means it's harder to find one when the shops are closed.
    There's another on that side (Argos end) if memory serves me right.

ethernet wrote: »
    There's another on that side (Argos end) if memory serves me right.

There is one at the Permanent TSB branch there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

Tiger is opening in the Eyre Square Centre in the next few weeks. It's going to be in the Early Learning Centre unit. They posted about it on their facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Tiger is opening in the Eyre Square Centre in the next few weeks. It's going to be in the Early Learning Centre unit. They posted about it on their facebook page.

This is brilliant, love that shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I mentioned it in another thread but it looks like the Bankx Restaurant in Liosban has closed down again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Tiger is great news alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Anyone know what's happening with Vinnie's? Was looking out of action when I passed before 12 last night....

5MS6Qz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

J o e wrote: »
    Anyone know what's happening with Vinnie's? Was looking out of action when I passed before 12 last night....

Passed there Monday, looks like it's being refurbished.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,052 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The whole inside was gutted yesterday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Hopefully it's just a refurbishment - their chips are OMMM NOMMMM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Vinnie's is definitely being refurbished.One of the lads working in there told me so last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,774 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Hillbillies had a sign last night saying that they would be open today. There were lads inside setting up still at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Il Vicolo re-opening in the Bridge Mills where Mustard was in 2-3 weeks, was talking to one of the guys working there lastnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Java John's opening on Eglington street soon. Across from the church. Seen it from the bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Hillbillies had a sign last night saying that they would be open today. There were lads inside setting up still at midnight.

They're open and delicious! Just finished a 5 tenders meal, so good. Today was their 3rd day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

U2sir wrote: »
    Hi all, Heard Aldi are to start building a new store in Oranmore (near Tesco) next week.
    Slan

Anyone heard anything bout this since? Is it going ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Its about time! Ive been waiting for them to open for a long long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭topcat77

I had a Dinner box meal on Saturday. The chicken is tasty and tender, the pies look really nice and will try the next time. Not a big fan of takeaway food in general but i've a soft spot for hillbillys.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

I have to say i was a bit dissapointed with hillbillies, i got a snack box and the portions were tiny, two of the smallest pieces of chicken i have ever seen and a measly portions of chips. the chicken was tasty but it hardly filled a gap. and they dont do take away, i presume it was a condition on their planning. Also it says on their website that the snack box comes with gravy but i had to pay extra for it.

wont be returning in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I noticed a new hoarding in place around the long closed Boston shop next to Aldi westside. I've often wondered why someone else hasn't set up shop there.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.277123,-9.072679,3a,75y,120.2h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s3b7YMo5BNqskQld0t1_QSQ!2e0!6m1!1e1

Anyone heard anything?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Aldi's extending

A cafe called Via Veneto going into the former Il Vicolo unit on Augustine St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Bit outside of the city limits but I see a Joyces Supermarket sign on the building between the cottages and Texaco garage in Spiddal saying that Joyces have acquired the property so imagine their putting in a new supermarket.

It used to be a pub many years again and then a Tourist Office if I remember correctly...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Bit outside of the city limits but I see a Joyces Supermarket sign on the building between the cottages and Texaco garage in Spiddal saying that Joyces have acquired the property so imagine their putting in a new supermarket.

It used to be a pub many years again and then a Tourist Office if I remember correctly...

They bought it a while back, they had a sign advertising their stores for the past year or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Urban Restaurant and Wine Bar opened in Salthill last night. It’s located in the old Osteria da Roberta premises. They have done an amazing job renovating it and the seating area now goes much further back than it used to. I believe the kitchen is shared with Da Roberta’s Pizza place as the two premises are now joined together at the back. The décor is very modern and quite unusual.

The waiters and bar staff are all charming, the owner not so much. Although he was standing by the door when we arrived, he didn’t even greet us which would have been a nice thing to do on the opening night. The lovely staff made up for him though and were very warm and welcoming.

I would describe the food as modern Italian. Everything we had was delicious and served in generous portions. I was hesitant to go there on the opening night in case they hadn’t got their act together but needn’t have worried. Based on what we saw and ate last night this is a very welcome addition to Salthill.

Urban Restaurant and Wine Bar opened in Salthill last night. It’s located in the old Osteria da Roberta premises. They have done an amazing job renovating it and the seating area now goes much further back than it used to. I believe the kitchen is shared with Da Roberta’s Pizza place as the two premises are now joined together at the back. The décor is very modern and quite unusual.

The waiters and bar staff are all charming, the owner not so much. Although he was standing by the door when we arrived, he didn’t even greet us which would have been a nice thing to do on the opening night. The lovely staff made up for him though and were very warm and welcoming.

I would describe the food as modern Italian. Everything we had was delicious and served in generous portions. I was hesitant to go there on the opening night in case they hadn’t got their act together but needn’t have worried. Based on what we saw and ate last night this is a very welcome addition to Salthill.
    Read the menu walking by last night, very expensive in terms of the offering, pastas for around €19.50, need to be served by Berlusconi or Balotelli for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Read the menu walking by last night, very expensive in terms of the offering, pastas for around €19.50, need to be served by Berlusconi or Balotelli for that price.

They did have a special of lobster linguini for €16.50 last night. I didn't notice the price of the other pasta dishes. I did see some plates of pasta with large langoustines going past so that might have been more expensive. If I recall correctly there isn't a lot of pasta on the menu anyway, it's more meat and fish based. I guess Da Roberta's caters for the pasta and pizza market. We felt the prices were reasonable for the quality and quantity of what we ate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement