Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Heard today that Red Eye Roast (had a cafe in Middle St for a while) now have a cafe at their factory site in Racecourse Business Park. Haven't see it yet myself, but apparently it's rather nice, and popular.

Welcome to 2016 Mrs O'B! :p

I work nearby, and it is indeed nice. Food is tasty and it is very popular during lunchtimes as there isn't a lot of choice in Parkmore.

They could do with changing up their menu though; pretty much the same since they opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,765 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The former Cottage Bar building is now operating as The Continental - looks like it's just fancy accommodation, not a bar anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

The former Cottage Bar building is now operating as The Continental - looks like it's just fancy accommodation, not a bar anymore.

What happens the liquor licence in that situation?
    Someone can purchase it for another location ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

will john wick be in attendance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Another new burger place (!) will be opening up on Dominick Street by the looks of it. In the old Galway City Taxis office: https://www.facebook.com/botownburgers. Flicking through the photos, they'll have an upstairs terrace which could be a nice little selling point for them. Wonder how they'll stack up to "established" Handsome Burger, Chilli Shack, various pubs and now they're neighbours Paddy's Poutine.

New windows gone up in the last few days with the branding on it, and a quick Facebook search brought me to the page. I pass by there every now and then, never noticed the work which has been going on since October 2017 at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

It's up on booking.com here, seem to have done a good job, albeit a bit dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Is the fishmongers in GalwaySC turning into a sushi place?
    It's been closed and 'sushi' markings erected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Another new burger place (!) will be opening up on Dominick Street by the looks of it. In the old Galway City Taxis office: https://www.facebook.com/botownburgers. Flicking through the photos, they'll have an upstairs terrace which could be a nice little selling point for them. Wonder how they'll stack up to "established" Handsome Burger, Chilli Shack, various pubs and now they're neighbours Paddy's Poutine.

New windows gone up in the last few days with the branding on it, and a quick Facebook search brought me to the page. I pass by there every now and then, never noticed the work which has been going on since October 2017 at least!
    Must have a fair bit of money behind it, considering how extensive the renovations appear to have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

zell12 wrote: »
    Is the fishmongers in GalwaySC turning into a sushi place?
    It's been closed and 'sushi' markings erected

Interesting. Speaking of sushi I just noticed today Joyce's is carrying Papa Rich sushi. It's next to the asian street food counter by the deli.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

It just looks closed to me. Shutters down all week. The sushi was something they served so that's what the sign was for.
    Edit: confirmed permanently closed by the barber shop next door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Jammyd wrote: »

They have started this morning digger has arrivedIMAG3302_zpsyt7t3htl.jpgKnocknacarra where the new Harvey Norman store will be Aug 19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

For a second there i thought you meant August 19th! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

There's a nice enough looking bar in the pics.

Very dark decor everywhere though. It's quite attractive but God it would get a bit much I think during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Pretty fugly looking decor if you ask me. Reminds me a bit of The Black Lodge from Twin Peaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Pen Rua wrote: »

I like Handsome Burger but the layout in Caribou drives me mad. Very hard to get seats at certain times. If the burgers are good and it’s better laid out/more geared towards good then happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Gourmet tart is open In the unit known as Cahills shop across from Blakes

• Registered Users Posts: 25,765 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Know as Moloneys more recently. In Francis St.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

m17 wrote: »
    They have started this morning digger has arrivedIMAG3302_zpsyt7t3htl.jpgKnocknacarra where the new Harvey Norman store will be Aug 19

Is that a fridge for sale in the middle of the pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

There's a nice enough looking bar in the pics.

Very dark decor everywhere though. It's quite attractive but God it would get a bit much I think during the summer.

Where was this picture taken from? Who can see in through this window when you're in the shower?

142168630.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

b.gud wrote:
    Where was this picture taken from? Who can see in through this window when you're in the shower?

Norman Bates...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Another coffee shop seems to be opening up the street from cps. I think it used to be occupied by dough bros. Sign above they unit says coffee club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Does anyone know what’s going on with Salthill Social? I noticed they were closed today and there was no sign up to say why. They haven’t posted on their FB page for 5 days and normally they post daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Does anyone know what’s going on with Salthill Social? I noticed they were closed today and there was no sign up to say why. They haven’t posted on their FB page for 5 days and normally they post daily.

I would be interested in any news on this also. They had a 'we are hiring' post on Facebook two weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭loriexxx

Does anyone know what’s going on with Salthill Social? I noticed they were closed today and there was no sign up to say why. They haven’t posted on their FB page for 5 days and normally they post daily.[/quote

Hopefully it has not closed, the food and coffee were both really good in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JnarF

loriexxx wrote: »
    Does anyone know what’s going on with Salthill Social? I noticed they were closed today and there was no sign up to say why. They haven’t posted on their FB page for 5 days and normally they post daily.[/quote

Hopefully it has not closed, the food and coffee were both really good in there.

Closed by the EHO for an uncertain amount of time.
    Apparently it's changing hands soon anyways from original owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

loriexxx wrote: »

Link to the closure order for those of you interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Not sure what’s going on with the quotes today but just want to make it clear it wasn’t me who said the food and coffee were really good. I wouldn’t necessarily be of the same opinion .
    JnarF wrote: »

I did hear recently that it was changing hands which is why I was surprised to see the place closed without any explanation. I really hope the new owner makes a better go of it, especially in regard to evening food. The current owners made several failed attempts at serving dinner.

Now that Salt has changed its menu from fine(ish) dining to diner/fast food type fare, Salthill has a vacancy for a great new restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Paddys Poutine has been closed for over a week now due to maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Not sure what’s going on with the quotes today but just want to make it clear it wasn’t me who said the food and coffee were really good. I wouldn’t necessarily be of the same opinion .
    JnarF wrote: »

I did hear recently that it was changing hands which is why I was surprised to see the place closed without any explanation. I really hope the new owner makes a better go of it, especially in regard to evening food. The current owners made several failed attempts at serving dinner.

Now that Salt has changed its menu from fine(ish) dining to diner/fast food type fare, Salthill has a vacancy for a great new restaurant.
    The person quoting you didn't do so properly,hence the issue.
    Salthill definitely needs something, Salt is too try hard without much to back it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Was a diner type of operation not supposed to be going into the unit that was built on the site of the former aib branch ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement