Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

callaway92 wrote: »
    Can you get rid of the target things when either playing a thru-ball or taking a shot?

You'll prob know what I'm on about. Thanks.

Yeah go into controller select -> square/x to change settings and turn passing/through ball onto basic. You can change shooting back to normal too. I tried the new set up for a while but theres too many new things to get used to first for me for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Giruilla wrote: »
    Yeah go into controller select -> square/x to change settings and turn passing/through ball onto basic. You can change shooting back to normal too. I tried the new set up for a while but theres too many new things to get used to first for me for now!

Thanks lads. Ya I tried it for a little while but it's too much clutter on the screen for me.

Love the game. Pes player since ISS Pro Evolution 2!

If you want to read an awful review of which game is better pes or fifa
    http://kotaku.com/fifa-14-vs-pro-evo-2014-which-football-game-should-you-1424839792
    ON THE PITCHP

FIFA 14: See above. Not many changes this year to a tried and tested formula. A new shooting system works a lot better than you think it will, providing more satisfying efforts and more varied - and realistic - trajectories. Aside from that, though, it's your standard arsenal of quick passes, skill moves and the first-touch stick.

So basically nothing new or innovative again.
    PES 2014: Hrm. In the middle of the park, it's perfect. Smooth animations and a "heavy" feel to the players lead to physical contests and a more realistic competition for possession. The fact the ball is totally separate from the player's feet also leads to great contact between players. In attack, though, it completely falls apart. The game's too slow for the intricate attacking moves you need to score on anything other than the counter; both shooting and passing sometimes feel like they take an eternity to let loose.

Its pretty clear this guy isn't out for a realistic football sim.

If anything though its a good insight into the mindset of people who play - quick skillz moovz one touch whole way up the pitch - fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If you want to read an awful review of which game is better pes or fifa
    http://kotaku.com/fifa-14-vs-pro-evo-2014-which-football-game-should-you-1424839792

So basically nothing new or innovative again.

Its pretty clear this guy isn't out for a realistic football sim.

If anything though its a good insight into the mindset of people who play - quick skillz moovz one touch whole way up the pitch - fifa.

To be fair I'd say over 60% or so of goals for me come from a counter attack. That's not to say it isn't the same for FIFA but still . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

How do you shoot using the new method??

• Advertisement

After a little while to get fully used to it, and initial doubts..
    as a person who has played pro evo ever since its ISS origins,
    I can safely say, in my opinion, PES 2014 is by far the best soccer simulation game they have brought out. In terms of what is capable in the game, its leagues ahead of any football game I have played.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Was just thinking about this last night (while having a game), I couldn't even play 6 anymore I don't think :eek:

There is a list of a handful of things that are annoying but they are all so relatively minor (and possibly fixed in patches (i haven't downloaded a patch).

Really, I suspected when I first started playing it that in the beginning its not that the game is not great, you just need to get up to IT's level, and start being better! Then the game will reward you with being class, which it has imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

For some reason I never got round to buying this even though I loved PES13.. Its pretty cheap on PC so i might pick it up this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

If you do I recommend playing manual passing/shooting/everything. Ridiculously satisfying.

Was just thinking about this last night (while having a game), I couldn't even play 6 anymore I don't think :eek:

There is a list of a handful of things that are annoying but they are all so relatively minor (and possibly fixed in patches (i haven't downloaded a patch).

Really, I suspected when I first started playing it that in the beginning its not that the game is not great, you just need to get up to IT's level, and start being better! Then the game will reward you with being class, which it has imo.

Yeah exactly. I tried playing PES 2013 to see how big the difference.. it feels like almost as big a jump in say the controls of GTA4/5 were to GTA3.

I think the game has been seriously underpraised/underhyped. It's just a game that took too long to get used to it was so different, and the reviews were never going to be able to do it justice.

Its amazing how real the games feel to real life now when I play it. Theres without a doubt still problems, but the new game mechanics of tackles/jostling, ball being totally seperate from player and in general the way the ball can bounce around are just leaps ahead of any pro evo so far (and by default fifa).

I just wanted to post because I hope people haven't given up on this game. Yet again PES bulldozering the way ahead and taking massive risks. Feel bad for the developers that the game didnt get the recognition it deserves.

• Advertisement

The match engine is amazing but its supposedly still very bland when is comes to Master League and Become a legend.

And online is meant to be horrendous (Not that I play PES for online.)

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    The match engine is amazing but its supposedly still very bland when is comes to Master League and Become a legend.

And online is meant to be horrendous (Not that I play PES for online.)

I havent played Master League, Legend, or online on PES14, so can't say anything about them.

Fundamentally all I care about in a Pro Evo game is the gameplay.. and its really outstanding.

One thing I can say I love about it.. finally having a big lad like Yaya Toure in mid, or a Crouch up front can actually be really beneficial for ways similar to real football, whereas I thought this was lacking in previous PES.
    All down to the new mechanics.

One thing I can say I love about it.. finally having a big lad like Yaya Toure in mid, or a Crouch up front can actually be really beneficial for ways similar to real football, whereas I thought this was lacking in previous PES.
    All down to the new mechanics.

Thats my biggest issue with FIFA.. If you play a big tall player he needs to have pace or he's useless.

There's nothing like hoofing the ball up to your tall CF and him heading it down to a on running teammate who cracks a shot outside the box.

Thats my biggest issue with FIFA.. If you play a big tall player he needs to have pace or he's useless.

There's nothing like hoofing the ball up to your tall CF and him heading it down to a on running teammate who cracks a shot outside the box.

Yeah, I thought same pace issue was in previous PES too though.

The game really forces you to stop sprinting around the pitch, and by players too.. so overall the gameplay pace has slowed down to an even more realistic level too. You can prob imagine why it takes so long to get used to... basically when you first play it you feel like you are being hampered by the games unresponsiveness..

Free on PS+ this week! :D
    I was actually gonna pick it up this week.. Glad i held off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Brian017

Free on PS+ this week! :D
    I was actually gonna pick it up this week.. Glad i held off.

You sure? Still showing up as €49.99 for me

Brian017 wrote: »
    You sure? Still showing up as €49.99 for me

It'll be free from April 2nd :)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/28/playstation-plus-april-pro-evo-2014-mercenary-kings-sly-cooper/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Brian017

It'll be free from April 2nd :)

Ah right! :o Patience, Brian, patience!

Advertisement