Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭darragh_k

Everyone hates new Fifa, everyone hates new PES, so giving them both a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

darragh_k wrote: »

Or maybe you could try them and form your own opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭darragh_k

haha. yeah i was being facetious. i've tried both demos.

I am surprised at the amount of criticism both games are getting.

this year i was going to try Fifa for the first time, because i heard online was much better.. but most of the fifa fans are saying that they prefer fifa 13. so i might get that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eaglebhoy

Having seen the latest here I thought I'd offer the following although I still feel I haven't played enough to form a full opinion yet, I have the full game PES 2014.

I actually think it's a good yet flawed game, much like every PS3 PES so far !

I've played 17 games into a ML season, which is all I ever do on my PES games and I find that the football is much more considered than ever before. I feel it takes a lot of good intentional passing and moving to work good chances and I like that, it's also more difficult to dribble/walk through players which I prefer much more ! Also at times games can become a real epic attack and counter attack display which can be exhilarating, especially where you win by the odd goal rather than lose :)

I like the new penalty system and feel it works well if you bother to master it. I think Free Kicks are a bit too easy with their new system once you master them but it's just as well as I actually find it hard to score in open play.

The following are the flaws I've noticed: I agree that player select is probably worse than ever and takes patience, my current belief is to try delay when you're going to press it and it tends to work out more often than not then. I also don't understand where the ideas that it is too easy to score and that the GKs make terrible basic mistakes come from because so far I find it much more difficult to score 1 on 1 chances than I ever did in PES 2013 and I've not yet seen a bad GK concession of ridiculousness, I've also only scored once from outside the box in open play ! A new pet hate I do have though is I notice players are now attempting both shots and passes on their weak foot more often than ever, usually when it is unnecessary too, thus ultimately botching their effort !

Also anyone judging or accepting judgements based on the Demo alone, Why.....just Why ? Since when is a demo anything like the final Full Game ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

darragh_k wrote: »

same as!.....I really don`t have to waist my money on a substandard game..............

I`ll use my cash for something fun, not a mind fuk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

eaglebhoy wrote: »
    I like the new penalty system and feel it works well if you bother to master it. I think Free Kicks are a bit too easy with their new system once you master them but it's just as well as I actually find it hard to score in open play.

I think an easier free-kick system is evened out by the fact that you very rarely get awarded a free kick by the referee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

So what shooting method are people using?
    Manual?
    Basic?
    Advanced?

Started with basic, but tried manual... Just to hard to direct the ball though.
    Gonna try advanced but heard it can be annoying as it takes the player more time which you really aren't afforded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

whiskeyman wrote: »
    So what shooting method are people using?
    Manual?
    Basic?
    Advanced?

Started with basic, but tried manual... Just to hard to direct the ball though.
    Gonna try advanced but heard it can be annoying as it takes the player more time which you really aren't afforded!

Im using manual atm once you get used to directing the shoot its a decent system

Advanced is quite annoying for me as it seems to make the player take an extra touch when its not needed

^wow, may have to give manual more of a try so.
    Are you able to curl the ball with the RS afterwards?
    Any other tips?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

eaglebhoy wrote: »
    Having seen the latest here I thought I'd offer the following although I still feel I haven't played enough to form a full opinion yet, I have the full game PES 2014.

I actually think it's a good yet flawed game, much like every PS3 PES so far !

I've played 17 games into a ML season, which is all I ever do on my PES games and I find that the football is much more considered than ever before. I feel it takes a lot of good intentional passing and moving to work good chances and I like that, it's also more difficult to dribble/walk through players which I prefer much more ! Also at times games can become a real epic attack and counter attack display which can be exhilarating, especially where you win by the odd goal rather than lose :)

The following are the flaws I've noticed: I agree that player select is probably worse than ever and takes patience, my current belief is to try delay when you're going to press it and it tends to work out more often than not then. I also don't understand where the ideas that it is too easy to score and that the GKs make terrible basic mistakes come from because so far I find it much more difficult to score 1 on 1 chances than I ever did in PES 2013 and I've not yet seen a bad GK concession of ridiculousness, I've also only scored once from outside the box in open play ! A new pet hate I do have though is I notice players are now attempting both shots and passes on their weak foot more often than ever, usually when it is unnecessary too, thus ultimately botching their effort !

Also anyone judging or accepting judgements based on the Demo alone, Why.....just Why ? Since when is a demo anything like the final Full Game ?

I am getting use to the little flaws, really begining to love it. Was getting worried. As much as I said said, "ah sod the presentation", I must admit, I was getting really annoyed with the cheapness. The lack of Stadiums were botherism

The funny thing , like reall like, the Computer AI can be frustration. If you play BAL, you may spend hours roaring vile abuse at your team mates to pass the bloody ball. Alas, get yourself in open space and you might get a space.

Anyone noticing the heart function in effect. Some games, you do a few things to get the team moving and boom, everything you do, pass, tackle shoot, goes well and the team plays well

If you have a stinker in another game, the controls feel heavy , those crisp passes are not going to well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Brian017

Can you watch a match outside of Exhibitions on PES 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

NTMK wrote: »
    Im using manual atm once you get used to directing the shoot its a decent system

Advanced is quite annoying for me as it seems to make the player take an extra touch when its not needed

Manual is impossible, no idea how you use it. In last years I remember doing the manual shooting training session. Took me about an hour to get past it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Anyone have this on PC? And if you do could you tell me what the online is like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

I realise the most important thing about a game is the gameplay, so please don't anyone jump down my throat with that old line. But I have to say that the menu system in this year's game is absolutely woeful. It's never been that great, but this year has brought it to another level. I just cannot get my mind around it. It's not a perfect game, and the general presentation is the least of its troubles, but can anyone explain to me why it's so badly done? Just think of the stature Konami has within the industry, and the marvellous products it has lent its name to. My god. Why are they doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I realise the most important thing about a game is the gameplay, so please don't anyone jump down my throat with that old line. But I have to say that the menu system in this year's game is absolutely woeful. It's never been that great, but this year has brought it to another level. I just cannot get my mind around it. It's not a perfect game, and the general presentation is the least of its troubles, but can anyone explain to me why it's so badly done? Just think of the stature Konami has within the industry, and the marvellous products it has lent its name to. My god. Why are they doing it?

A decent bit of the menu isnt great, but you could live with it, but the game plan part... its terrible! Its similar in style to last years so I have no idea why it performs so much worse.

I have seen goalies make a good few clangers, but the part that really gets me is rebounds, I could have my entire team in the box but because its so hard to change players the striker gets to it nearly every time.

Other than that I think its good PES, the build up play and passing in it is good.

I am a little over a season and a half into a ML. Started managing Liverpool with the default dudes (Castolos of the world), finished 8th or something, was a tough slog. At the end of the season I had a few offers from other clubs, decided to join the team who finished second in the 1st division. Its pretty cool you get to see their finances etc so you know what your getting into when you join.

A few players who are working on well for me:

Lukaku for 5m - Big fast strong striker, what more do you want :) - got him at the end of the first season (with the new team)
    Eder for 1m - From Braga, he is a poor man Lukaku, scoring bags of goals for me since he joined - got him half through 2nd season
    Campana for 2m - Decent center midfielder from Crystal Palace - got him at the end of the first season (with the new team)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Thinking about picking this up although I hear online had issues. Anyone know if these have been fixed, would love to play a few games online

thorbarry wrote: »
    Thinking about picking this up although I hear online had issues. Anyone know if these have been fixed, would love to play a few games online

I haven't tried the online since the first weekend of release. If I get the chance I will try an online game tomorrow and post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Some good news

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has announced that a new update is now available that remedies all online issues affecting the Xbox 360 version of PES 2014, restoring full online functionality to the game.

The update can be automatically installed from within PES 2014, and delivers an online mode and Master League Online service, and also rectifies previous issues with updating the game via KONAMI data-packs.

A full 11-Vs-11 Online mode is currently in beta and will be available in the coming weeks. Additionally, users can expect to see another Data Pack update in November that will include over 800 player face updates, updated rosters and improvements based on user feedback.
    KONAMI is extremely grateful for the patience and understanding shown by PES 2014 users affected by the issues. Further DLC updates created to bolster the performance of the acclaimed football title will also be announced shortly.

Good news then :) Hopefully I will get this over the next week or 2
    Some good news

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has announced that a new update is now available that remedies all online issues affecting the Xbox 360 version of PES 2014, restoring full online functionality to the game.

The update can be automatically installed from within PES 2014, and delivers an online mode and Master League Online service, and also rectifies previous issues with updating the game via KONAMI data-packs.

A full 11-Vs-11 Online mode is currently in beta and will be available in the coming weeks. Additionally, users can expect to see another Data Pack update in November that will include over 800 player face updates, updated rosters and improvements based on user feedback.
    KONAMI is extremely grateful for the patience and understanding shown by PES 2014 users affected by the issues. Further DLC updates created to bolster the performance of the acclaimed football title will also be announced shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Some good news

Great to hear! For once a data pack that will have obvious graphics changes rather than some boots and balls......

Gooooodbye FIFA :pac:

• Advertisement

No patch for the PS3 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Gettin a lend of it off my mate, gonna roll a couple spliffs and play til the early hours. Hope the online is working by god!

Well I just played five games online, my first since the launch weekend. My opinion is the same. It still sucks. Not quite as much but it is bad.

Of the five games, four of them were extremely laggy. In one in particular if felt as if there was two or three seconds in between button press and action. The others were just slightly behind but even that ruins any chance of playing well. In the one game that worked fine it was a great match between the two of us. We played each other a second time and that match was laggy. So it is inconsistent too.

One other problem you face is that in those five games I played Barca four times and Real Madrid once. So boring. I'm sick of having to play against those two teams. And the other thing is that some players just us the lofted through ball all the time. So you get lots of offsides but they will get through at least two or three times a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Well I just played five games online, my first since the launch weekend. My opinion is the same. It still sucks. Not quite as much but it is bad.

Of the five games, four of them were extremely laggy. In one in particular if felt as if there was two or three seconds in between button press and action. The others were just slightly behind but even that ruins any chance of playing well. In the one game that worked fine it was a great match between the two of us. We played each other a second time and that match was laggy. So it is inconsistent too.

One other problem you face is that in those five games I played Barca four times and Real Madrid once. So boring. I'm sick of having to play against those two teams. And the other thing is that some players just us the lofted through ball all the time. So you get lots of offsides but they will get through at least two or three times a match.

They were supposed to match the teams fairly online (like when you pick a 2 star team in FIFA and it matches you to a similar rated team) but maybe they meant just for master league online because you get to see which team your opponent is picking in the lobby (i've only played online matches through the lobby as I couldn't find the online ranked match).

I played one the other day and your man picked atletico madrid and I picked napoli (without cavani, higuain, reina and a few more) and there was no lag and I won 5 nil.
    I played my friend in it yesterday and won 4-1 with Zenit. He had a good bit of lag for a while but i didn't. Free kicks are WAY too easy to score with that guidance line but that doesn't excuse the HULK for scoring 4 goals ;)

How is everyone's Master League career going. I started out at QPR and got them promotion to the Premier League. I left them and moved to Hull. I just finished the season in third place and qualified for the Champions League.

Alunko turned out to be a great AMF. Got 12 goals and 12 assists. My big buy was Gameiro who can be gotten relatively cheap but is a terrific striker. Highly recommend him.

I've just finished the transfer window and spent heavily. Hoping to win the league this year and get a good job offer from a different league.

I picked this up today on the PS3, only interested on online play which has been brutal so far. I've got a pretty good connection, and my ps3 is plugged directly into the router. Very disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭tigger123

Been playing this for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it, for me it's the best PES yet. The game is the most punishing and unforgiving version but at the same time the most rewarding when you get it right.

Offline VS a friend is great, its a fun game. However the broken online mode really annoys me. Playing against the computer is too boring and predictable. This is the first PES i have bought in 4 years, after buying it every year before that. I cant believe its the same laggy issues as the version 4 years ago :S

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It is completely unfathomable how they cannot get a relatively lag free online in this era of internet. Completely nuts.

Coding wise, it shouldn't be too complicated imo. It must be that they don't have the same resources as EA to invest in good server infrastructure. But that's me giving them more credit than they deserve on it.

They won't get back players from fifa without smooth online play as that is already guaranteed in fifa.

• Advertisement

I really wanted to like this PES but just can't.
    The first play looked amazing and it felt new and different. However...
    Too many annoying issues and stupid bugs. I had moment thinking it was amazing, but then it brings you crashing down to earth wanting to smash the disc apart as the keeper just watches the ball trickle in or a player runs away from the ball...
    No point putting in the time to master it if its built like a half assed attempt of a game.
    FIFA13 was the first game I genuinely enjoyed since PES06. Think ill go back to it.

Advertisement