Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Seems like Pesedit may be one of the better options? Maybe some more experienced PC PES fans could fill me in. Apparently, they're releasing a mod later today with transfers and kits. Link here - http://pesedit.com/forums/showthread.php?18284-PESEdit-com-2014-Patch-0-1-Coming-Soon!&p=282572&viewfull=1#post282572

Its just been released.
    FEATURES PESEDIT.COM 2014 PATCH 0.1
    Full Online compatibility
    Includes PES 2014 Patch 1.01 and Data Pack 1.00
    Correct kits for 19 Premier League teams (including 3rd kits) and some National teams
    Fixed team names and emblems for Premier League and Liga ZON Sagres teams
    Corrected player names for unlicensed National Teams (Algeria, Bosnia, Japan, Netherlands, United States etc.)
    Fixed names and emblems for all competitions
    Added 200+ missing transfers (Özil, Bale, Soldado etc.)
    Fixed lineups for 50+ teams (Arsenal, Liverpool, Napoli etc.)

Download:

http://uploaded.net/file/hxrmtnzn/PESEdit.com%25202014%2520Patch%25200.1.part1.rar
    http://uploaded.net/file/0yspyzd5/PESEdit.com%25202014%2520Patch%25200.1.part2.rar
    http://uploaded.net/file/luavfw8l/PESEdit.com%25202014%2520Patch%25200.1.part3.rar
    http://uploaded.net/file/iy4oqg09/PESEdit.com%25202014%2520Patch%25200.1.part4.rar
    http://uploaded.net/file/36g6hrj0/PESEdit.com%25202014%2520Patch%25200.1.part5.rar

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Sigh. It's one of those annoying sites that requires you to buy a premium account to download the contents or you will have to wait for hours to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Got premium... don't understand the system though... says there are 5 parts, I download all five, extracted "part 1", clicked the installer and the whole thing seemed to install? Bemusing. What are the other 4 for then? It was also surprising to me that the mod seemed to have its own launcher. Will this affect playing online? I assume you have to play the standard edition to play online and not the mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

My data pack is unimplimented on Xbox, anyone know a fix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone know a good site to help me create unlicensed kits. I don`t want crests or sponsors just want to make them the way I did in the PS2 days. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    My data pack is unimplimented on Xbox, anyone know a fix?

Check out @Adam_Bhatti on Twitter. He is the community manager and has been pointing people towards an unofficial fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I find the first touch by players is very heavy, but it's been a while since I played pes/fifa.

It's like pass to player, first touch and try turn and he;s very slow and like an artic :/

Prolly just me tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

How does the full game compare to the demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Option files appear as they're done here:
    http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=366
    Glen the Magpie usually does a good one, it's not finished yet, follow progress here: https://twitter.com/gtmpesworld
    How is FIFA online? The last FIFA I played was FIFA '95 on the Mega Drive.
    I had that same fifa. Happy days! Fifa is way ahead of PES online. I don't understand how PES can be so bad and laggy. Online options are woeful in PES. Hope that's changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

None for the Xbox :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Datapack broken fix for xbox

1 - Download both files:
    http://baranowscy.pl/datapack/

2 - Download Horizon:
    http://www.xboxmb.com/horizon/

3 - Now you need a USB stick pre-formatted on Xbox
    How to Configure any USB Flash Drive as Storage on Xbox 360:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I49Fy04OHI

4 - Transfer the files to the USB pen (with Horizon)

(when in Horzion, make sure you Inject both files to flash drive)

5 - Transfer the files from the USB stick to the console hard-drive (System Settings -> Storage -> USB Stick -> Games -> PES 2014 -> press Y -> copy to Xbox hard-drive

Credit goes to baranello from polskaligaonline dot com

Follow this guy: https://twitter.com/DJDaymos

IMO he does the best ones for xbox.

Can anyone get a game going online? Everytime I try it says it can't connect to the PES 2014 server.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Anyone else finding it impossible to score? I've played about 10 games and haven't scored a goal yet! It's so hard to create a decent chance and when I do the player seems to just inexplicably slow down and start to move like a barge!

JoseJones wrote: »
    Anyone else finding it impossible to score? I've played about 10 games and haven't scored a goal yet! It's so hard to create a decent chance and when I do the player seems to just inexplicably slow down and start to move like a barge!

It's hard but I think it will just take getting used to. Keeping a clean sheet on the other hand maybe impossible with the keeper AI. Four games in a row I had my keeper fumble a ball costing a goal.

If anyone gets any option file's for PC could you post them here.

I can't find any that have Premier league & Bundesliga.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    If anyone gets any option file's for PC could you post them here.

I can't find any that have Premier league & Bundesliga.

I don't think any of them are near finished yet, I'm using the PESEdit one at the moment but it doesn't have the Bundersliga done yet. http://www.peseditblog.com/2013/09/peseditcom-2014-patch-01-coming-soon.html

I'd suggest torrenting it as well as it's much faster that way than through the uploaded site.

It's hard but I think it will just take getting used to. Keeping a clean sheet on the other hand maybe impossible with the keeper AI. Four games in a row I had my keeper fumble a ball costing a goal.

Yeah I guess so, I just turned the shooting and through balls to assisted for a game (had them on manual) and managed to score a goal... Think I'll leave them like this for a while until I get to grips with the game and then change to manual.

Is that pesedit site the best place to keep an eye out for PS3 option files too?

JoseJones wrote: »

Is that pesedit site the best place to keep an eye out for PS3 option files too?

There is an Option File released for the PS3 already. Check out @Wenbediting on Twitter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

With Stadium Editor gone, do any of ye think the creators of the option files will be able to make a few of the stadiums as they did with other editions of the PES?

• Advertisement

So after playing PES 2014 over the weekend these would be my initial thoughts on it:

THE GOOD
    + the graphics have improved and some of the animations look amazing
    + the game saves and loads saves quicker than PES 2013
    + the Master League moves along faster between matches, i.e. loading the next day
    + able to move teams and manage international teams in Master League
    + might actually be possible to score a free-kick in this version

THE BAD
    - the game feels different to the demo. It seems quicker and more frantic meaning it is harder to have good build-up play that was possible in the demo
    - terrible input lag on button commands. I want to sprint and it takes a noticeable amount of time for the player to respond
    - player still booked for nearly every foul while CPU is rarely
    - defenders still able to catch up with pacey attackers
    - keepers even worse than ever
    - there is slowdown while in the menus during a game. How is that possible in 2013?
    - the online servers are rubbish if they even exist. Managed to connect to one non-ranked match and it was a laggy mess. Manged 3 ranked games and they were even worse.
    - the UI is still garbage but expect no less from PES
    - even less official licences is disappointing
    - worse soundtrack than PES 2013 which is an achievement in itself

THE UGLY
    Konami managed to swindle me out of €50 for this half-baked effort by pulling a bait and switch with the demo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Another review up here from The Guardian:
    http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2013/sep/20/pes-2014-review

Things like poor input lag times could really kill it for me.
    I noticed it a lot in the demo.
    I'll still probably get it though, hoping the postives outway the negs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Haven't spent a huge amount of time with the game yet. First impressions are mixed. To me, the game seems very sluggish. Even the best players touch is slow and cumbersome, doing anything with any degree of speed seems almost impossible. Saying that, I've had a few nice passing moves result in goals.

The main issue I have with the game is dribbling, I can't do it. If I old RT to slow down, the player is easily dispossessed because he's too slow to move. If I just use the left stick, they change direction too slowly to round a player. One on One situations are essentially a waste of time for me, I just pass the ball in that case which is silly really when I should at least be able to get a cross in.

Positives are the passing, it is glorious. Passes go where they need to at a decent pace and the off the ball movement is fantastic. I love the first touch thing with RT, very useful. Haven't got the hang of defending yet but I'm playing on a low difficulty level so the opposition is pretty poor anyway.

I'll stick with it for this week, can see myself playing this single player but will have to get FIFA though because its what all the lads play.

Also the lack of stadiums is annoying. I have read that there used to be a stadium editor which has been removed this year, does this mean that there will be no more stadiums to come as part of option files?

By the way, what's the game has both Giuseppe Meazza stadium and the San Siro. What's the difference? They are the same stadium!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

So after playing PES 2014 over the weekend these would be my initial thoughts on it:

THE GOOD
    + the Master League moves along faster between matches, i.e. loading the next day

THE BAD
    - the game feels different to the demo. It seems quicker and more frantic meaning it is harder to have good build-up play that was possible in the demo
    - terrible input lag on button commands. I want to sprint and it takes a noticeable amount of time for the player to respond
    - there is slowdown while in the menus during a game. How is that possible in 2013?
    - the online servers are rubbish if they even exist. Managed to connect to one non-ranked match and it was a laggy mess. Manged 3 ranked games and they were even worse.

THE UGLY
    Konami managed to swindle me out of €50 for this half-baked effort by pulling a bait and switch with the demo

Thanks for the info.. Luckily I was abroad over the weekend and did'nt buy this.. Really wanted it if the online was good, but after reading your post ill be keeping my money for fifa..

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

THE GOOD

THE BAD

THE UGLY

My thoughts exactly. Good honest review.
    I cant see where these 8/10 9/10 reviews are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

It's certainly not a 9/10 game as some reviews suggested but I don't think its a total shambles like is being suggested by some here. I'd give it a 7/10 so far, with a decent patch it would be an 8.

I haven't played the full game so I can't really give good account.
    But if it's anything like the demo then i'll be extremely happy.

But going by the comments here.. I'd say it's not :(

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I haven't played the full game so I can't really give good account.
    But if it's anything like the demo then i'll be extremely happy.

But going by the comments here.. I'd say it's not :(

Its nowhere near as bad as some of the knee jerk reactions here from the same few people are saying. Im loving it and if you check the big games forums around the net, the consensus is that its a good game that needs a patch/some tweaking but still has that poor Konami UI, but menus are a small issue.

Option files are coming out, gameplay is immense once you get the hang of it (ramp the difficulty up) and people saying its too fast now... you do realise you can adjust the game speed in the options?

Its a SIMULATION of football, FIFA is more arcadey. PES 2014 is very realistic tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any link to the soundtrack??

Also, lol at the review poster above calling it a bait & switch by Konami.

Advertisement