Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've only had about 5 games of it so far. I really only play games when friends call around and each time we've given up and gone back to fifa 13. The games I've been playing most are Fifa 13 on PC and then when I'm in another friends house, we only have a ps2 and PES2006 there, both are much more enjoyable to play than any PES I've played recently :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I really wanted to like this PES but just can't.
    The first play looked amazing and it felt new and different. However...
    Too many annoying issues and stupid bugs. I had moment thinking it was amazing, but then it brings you crashing down to earth wanting to smash the disc apart as the keeper just watches the ball trickle in or a player runs away from the ball...
    No point putting in the time to master it if its built like a half assed attempt of a game.
    FIFA13 was the first game I genuinely enjoyed since PES06. Think ill go back to it.

I felt the exact same as you about it.

I'd be playing a few Master League or Champions' League matches (beccause I couldn't even get the data pack to install to try and get online) and thinking "this is great" only for the ball as you say, to trickle past the keeper, or for him to completely fluff his positioning, or for him to parry a shot into his own net like you'd expect to see happen with the local U-14 team. I came close to throwing my controller across the room when my keeper managed to fist a cross into his own bloody net :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I reinstalled PES06 last night having last played it before I got FIFA12.
    It's unreal how responsive and fun it is. It's rewarding and feels everything that PES14 is trying to be, but just doesn't get fully right.
    There's 2013-14 patches available for PC players, so I'm going back to PES06... yet again!
    Playing it again made me realise why I fell for PES14. It looks and initially plays like a visually stunning PES06, but the more you play it, the more you see it's flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

have been stupid enough to buy every pes since 2003.

Broke the 2012 version and threw it in the bin. It was a disaster.

But compared to this year's version, it was a masterpiece.

I just cannot get past how utterly dogsh!t this game is.

Laziest version yet. It looks like it was made totally last minute. the state of it visually is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

I gave my 4 year-old nephew my Xbox 360 and I took his PS2. I bought 4, 5 & 6 yesterday for 50 cent each. I'm playing them all for the first time. 5 is my favourite so far, although they all have different advantages over each other, so I can see myself regularly playing the three of them. I'll pick up a PS4 next year, and maybe Konami will have sorted it out by then. Maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm happy to say I'm loving it, best pes since 06 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Nice new shiny data pack coming in very soon with 800 new faces (Rafael has been done!) and bringing back the online competitions for master league online and normal online mode. Also a team play lobby being introduced so you can play 2v2s and so on. There's supposed to be a few other little fixes that they've implemented after feedback from PES gamers. I sold FIFA 14 so this will get my full attention now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

What is the state of online play/lag. Is it playable yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

This new data pack is annoying me. 800 new faces, online competitions.. etc.. Whats the point in all this if online is still broken?

Fair enough if online was working, id be delighted with 800 new faces. Seems like Konami have their heads up their asses. They brought out a "fix" for online on the 360 version, but it still doesn't work!!!

Ps3 Version is fecked too :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

A brand new game shouldn't need a data pack, especially one that retails at over fifty quid. The game is clearly unfinished. Konami made a balls of it yet again. I'm a Pro Evo fan, but I hope EA bury Konami once and for all. Maybe then there will be room in the market for a developer that actually gives fcuk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

thorbarry wrote: »
    This new data pack is annoying me. 800 new faces, online competitions.. etc.. Whats the point in all this if online is still broken?

Fair enough if online was working, id be delighted with 800 new faces. Seems like Konami have their heads up their asses. They brought out a "fix" for online on the 360 version, but it still doesn't work!!!

Ps3 Version is fecked too :mad:

Is the new data pack available for the PS3?

Is the new data pack available for the PS3?

No not yet. End of November. I traded it in for FIFA today. I feel so dirty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Well Konami are to blame for continually letting the fans down. I'm sticking with it because I just can't get used to FIFA after so long with PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Traded mine for Assassins Creed. As many have already said, the game wasn't even finished.

Regrettable purchase.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Traded mine for Assassins Creed. As many have already said, the game wasn't even finished.

Regrettable purchase.

Big time, I only got €28 for it after spending €50, 2 weeks previous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

me and my friend just discovered the joys of fixed player playing on the same team (or againts each other, it seemed that whoever plays better as say pirlo on one team causes the whole team to play better).

it was so ****ing addictive. we couldn't believe how enjoyable it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lfc13

Big time, I only got €28 for it after spending €50, 2 weeks previous

what store did you get that trade in value?

lfc13 wrote: »
    what store did you get that trade in value?

XtraVision, so id imagine HMV is the same price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

They released the Data Pack 2? there last weekend. The one with the 800 new likenesses & tweaks. Anybody play it & did they waste the likenesses on obscure players

GTR63 wrote: »
    They released the Data Pack 2? there last weekend. The one with the 800 new likenesses & tweaks. Anybody play it & did they waste the likenesses on obscure players

I must say the likenesses are very very good. Of course they practically did the whole united team so players like macheda, buttner and amos have proper likenesses now. They did all the main ones anyway from what I can see. A lot of them are excellent I must say. The team play is alright. You can't change the camera angle back to the default one which is quite annoying and you don't get the pass when you call for it.

Keepers are still horrific and may have even got worse. I haven't played it enough to see if there are any big gameplay tweaks but from what I did play, i didn't notice anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Colemania wrote: »
    I must say the likenesses are very very good. Of course they practically did the whole united team so players like macheda, buttner and amos have proper likenesses now. They did all the main ones anyway from what I can see. A lot of them are excellent I must say. The team play is alright. You can't change the camera angle back to the default one which is quite annoying and you don't get the pass when you call for it.

Keepers are still horrific and may have even got worse. I haven't played it enough to see if there are any big gameplay tweaks but from what I did play, i didn't notice anything.

I checked over on evoweb and the feedback seemed positive for the areas I pretty much gave up on the game.
    I gave it a shot last night, and definately noticed an improvement.
    It's seemed more responsive and more fluid, and the 'catch-up' bug was less of an issue.
    I'll give it a few more games to see if it's still exciting, otherwise it's back to a fully patched PES06 I go! (again!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

This pro evo is possibly the best i've played so far. its so like real football.. real tustles, easy to lose the ball, can't just shoot from anywhere or on the turn. long balls have been nailed.. the controlled through ball is a great new feature. its the first new pro evo i havent been able to play on 'super star' and win straight away. actually have had to go down to regular to get used to it! i'm loving the slow build up play and need to create space.

yes there are a few minor bugs, a bit laggy now and again, and dont understand the awful slow cursor on menu screen. But in terms of gameplay its incredible.. think a lot of people complaining about it are just finding it too hard!
    if people want an arcadey fast soccer game fifa is there and waiting though.

Giruilla wrote: »
    This pro evo is possibly the best i've played so far. its so like real football.. real tustles, easy to lose the ball, can't just shoot from anywhere or on the turn. long balls have been nailed.. the controlled through ball is a great new feature. its the first new pro evo i havent been able to play on 'super star' and win straight away. actually have had to go down to regular to get used to it! i'm loving the slow build up play and need to create space.

yes there are a few minor bugs, a bit laggy now and again, and dont understand the awful slow cursor on menu screen. But in terms of gameplay its incredible.. think a lot of people complaining about it are just finding it too hard!
    if people want an arcadey fast soccer game fifa is there and waiting though.

My own personal opinion is not based on it being too hard. Not at all. The gameplay is fantastic, it is the online that truly horrible. It doesnt work. I have a fast connection with a great router I set up myself. I have no issues playing any other games online apart from this mess. I dont understand how they can not make the game work online

My own personal opinion is not based on it being too hard. Not at all. The gameplay is fantastic, it is the online that truly horrible. It doesnt work. I have a fast connection with a great router I set up myself. I have no issues playing any other games online apart from this mess. I dont understand how they can not make the game work online

Thats fair enough. I haven't played online on this nor have done with previous.
    Without a doubt it has a very 'unfinished' feel to the whole game so I'm not surpised online is bad.

Some other negatives of my own:
    -The whole menu system, start menu, screen changes, loading, is almost unbearably slow at times. I don't know how a game can get progressively slower rather than faster with subsequent editions! Theres no denying this is a big problem in the game.. I groan every time I have to use the menu screens.
    - Theres a really horrible bug after you score a goal where you press start and every player on the pitch disappears before slowly cutting to the replay.. very much takes the realism out for a moment. Again.. how they could keep this in a final release I can't understand.
    - There does seem to be some, what I call, 'pre-defined moves/plays' in the game that I just don't like. Happens occasionally when you play a through ball or pass or oppositon long ball and your players seem to lock on to set runs which cant even super cancel.
    - Also a players seems to be locked into a set speed of run which opposition can easily out pace you in. Can't get my head around how to speed your player up more.

Other positives:
    - They finally have throw ins where you dont have to go to a loading screen first.. if only they'd do it for free kicks/cards as well!
    - The element of blocking kicked balls, tustles is a massive plus.
    - Overall I've never played a game that resembles real football so much. No constant slide tackles, can't dribble by anyone you want.. finally actually using 'big' men up front can be a real advantage for long ball play.

I downloaded the options file for the xbox from that Daymos guy and yes its excellent but god does it slow down the game a lot. If you think the menus are unbearable now, you should see how bad they are after the patch.....

Also when you're going into an online game it takes longer to load because its loading the kits and all that. Why can't they just be licensed :mad:

I downloaded the options file for the xbox from that Daymos guy and yes its excellent but god does it slow down the game a lot. If you think the menus are unbearable now, you should see how bad they are after the patch.....

Also when you're going into an online game it takes longer to load because its loading the kits and all that. Why can't they just be licensed :mad:

I used an option file from a guy glen (gtmpesworld). Seems ok but jerseys dont seem to load straight away.

Is there much of a difference in the option files do you know?

Giruilla wrote: »
    I used an option file from a guy glen (gtmpesworld). Seems ok but jerseys dont seem to load straight away.

Is there much of a difference in the option files do you know?

He's the PS3 guy ya? The xbox guy takes a few months to formulate a good option file because he's so precise and yes the jerseys take a while to load for me too.

As far as i know, gtmpesworld gets the option files out very quickly so maybe the option file mightn't be as good as Daymos as it'd be rushed but i think people prefer a rushed one over waiting so long for a very precise one.

I also believe they are all working together now as Daymos has some of gtmpesworlds data imported on to his option file now too.

He's the PS3 guy ya? The xbox guy takes a few months to formulate a good option file because he's so precise and yes the jerseys take a while to load for me too.

As far as i know, gtmpesworld gets the option files out very quickly so maybe the option file mightn't be as good as Daymos as it'd be rushed but i think people prefer a rushed one over waiting so long for a very precise one.

I also believe they are all working together now as Daymos has some of gtmpesworlds data imported on to his option file now too.

He's ps3 yeah. The licencing this is just ridiculous at this stage.. They can't even give Brazil a yellow jersey (back to the old unlucky green) or Argentina stripes!
    It's such a shame that PES can have such monumentally superior gameplay and gameplay innovations and lose focus so much on getting what should be the easy easy things right like menu screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,491 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can you get rid of the target things when either playing a thru-ball or taking a shot?

You'll prob know what I'm on about. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Go into controller settings and change shot and through balls to basic

Advertisement