Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mattie Mcgrath accuses Shatter of being stopped by Gardai

Options
18910111214»

Comments

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Oh Maryanne, PLEASE... You make claims on Boards about the age of a link, I have asked You over and over to prove Your claim about the validity of Your statement, and You have either refused, or chosen to ignore, my question. Is this not also 'losing the run of themselves'??

BTW...welcome back, missed ya:)

Awwww, Shucks, Misser LeDeux!

BTW.....What link? I never disputed the date of the Facebook article you quoted, just said that the content was similar to that already doing the rounds on Boards.ie and Newspapers some months previous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Awwww, Shucks, Misser LeDeux!

BTW.....What link? I never disputed the date of the Facebook article you quoted, just said that the content was similar to that already doing the rounds on Boards.ie and Newspapers some months previous.

Maryanne, that's NOT what You said. You loaded up a link from FB, and said somethign along the lines that the link is doing the rounds for months. When I opened the link, it told me it was 3 HOURS old. Since then I have been asking for an explanation as to how You could claim it's months old then.

Also You claimed I was stalking You. Just WHERE are You coming from? I was actually going to lay a complaint, but instead I got banned, and by the time I could get back on, the submission was removed. Is that fair?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Maryanne, that's NOT what You said. You loaded up a link from FB, and said somethign along the lines that the link is doing the rounds for months.
    That fairytale from Wexford was doing the rounds months ago.

Do yourself a favour: let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭Worztron

...Scenario: Driver A is lippy and ignorant and Driver B is apologetic...
    serfboard wrote: »
    I would imagine that this is usually how discretion applies. You can even see it on that "Traffic Blues" programme (or whatever it's called). I don't think anyone would have a problem with this.

So people can use their mobile phone and drive all they want as long as they feign apologies to the cops? :rolleyes:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭Worztron

We are where we are by people at every level in Irish society losing the run of themselves and borrowing to support lavish, unsustainable lifestyles...

Major generalisation there.

I never lost the run of myself nor borrowed nor had a lavish lifestyle.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Worztron wrote: »
    So people can use their mobile phone and drive all they want as long as they feign apologies to the cops? :rolleyes:

And if that doesn't work write a nice letter to the Super with an incredible sob story......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

has there been a new development in the story............................?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

has there been a new development in the story............................?

Well this is the latest in the Independent. Right now, with everything as it stands, and after reading that I just don't know who or what to believe anymore when it comes to An Garda Síochána!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

Our elected representatives are not perfect, but they WERE elected by the people (except for the unelected MEP's, Phil Prendergast, Paul Murphy and I think one other, whose name won't come to me)

There are no "unelected MEPs". In the European Parliament elections, you do NOT cast a vote for an individual candidate but instead your vote is cast for a "headline" candidate AND their "replacement list" of (specified) individuals. The individuals on the replacement list have the exact same number of votes as their "headline candidate", no more and no less. And, yes, the replacement list candidates are on display in the polling booths and - if I recall correctly -on the ballot paper along with headline candidate.

Essentially, the voting system used here in Ireland (only I think) is a horrible hybrid between the normal PR-List system (either open or closed) used in the rest of the EU and our PR-STV system. I don't know why the politicians here didn't just opt for the PR-List system and be done with it - perhaps they just couldn't abide the thought of the electorate getting used to a "party vote" rather than a "personal vote"?

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Well this is the latest in the Independent. Right now, with everything as it stands, and after reading that I just don't know who or what to believe anymore when it comes to An Garda Síochána!

I think the Gardai are out to get Shatter. Why has she waited years to get legal advice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

I think the Gardai are out to get Shatter. Why has she waited years to get legal advice?
    Because the Garda's professionalism has been called into question in light of the implication that some improper procedure occurred. She may be worried about the career costs of any reputational damage within the Gardai.

Because the Garda's professionalism has been called into question in light of the implication that some improper procedure occurred. She may be worried about the career costs of any reputational damage within the Gardai.

The Gardai are not happy with having their overtime cut. This is their way of protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I wish they would hurry up and bury this arrogant exuse for a TD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Are you serious?

What would she have looked for legal advise years ago for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

OMG Maryanne, when will you ever accept that perhaps this Ban Garda never in her wildest dreams expected a TD (?) to lie through their a**es. Why did it take shatter so long to spout about MW if that's the case. The facts as we know is that shatter was stopped one night on his way home from the Dáil, and what happened after being stopped is now open to conjecture.

Perhaps She ( the BG) never thought it would come to where it is now.

Advertisement