Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preview Thread -RaboDirect Pro12 Final - RDS, 25th May, 1645 - live on RTE2/TG4/BBCNI

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

SOB out according to Sinead Kissane

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

LEINSTER:
    15: Rob Kearney
    14: Fergus McFadden
    13: Brian O'Driscoll
    12: Ian Madigan
    11: Isa Nacewa
    10: Jonathan Sexton
    9: Isaac Boss
    1: Cian Healy
    2: Richardt Strauss
    3: Mike Ross
    4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
    5: Devin Toner
    6: Kevin McLaughlin
    7: Shane Jennings
    8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:
    16: Sean Cronin
    17: Jack McGrath
    18: Jamie Hagan
    19: Quinn Roux
    20: Rhys Ruddock
    21: John Cooney
    22: Andrew Goodman
    23: Andrew Conway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Would have Godman instead of Madigan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

I hope Ferg's fully fit. Much will depend on how fit Afoa really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Leinster to lay their Rabo final hoodoo to rest?
    trouttrout wrote: »
    Would have Godman instead of Madigan

Too late now I think, needed to start last week to have a chance. Madigan has been OK beside BOD, but he's no Olding at 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

No mad Joe selections there. Pretty much the strongest side possible.

The IRFU have ruined him already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

molloyjh wrote: »
    Class....and so it begins.

Are there many going with the sombrero look? I know a couple of lads who always do for the Ulster games. Was wondering how widespread it would be....
    Sombrero and Poncho on standby. The sombrero is huuuuge! :D Poncho is pretty close to Ulster colours though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Eponymous wrote: »
    Sombrero and Poncho on standby. The sombrero is huuuuge! :D Poncho is pretty close to Ulster colours though. :(

Throw it in the wash with some blue dye!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

chris85 wrote: »
    Impressive Ulster side but the bench isnt as strong as Leinster will have

I'd have agreed with you 10 minutes ago but looking at it I think the benches are pretty even.

ULSTER
    Herring
    Black
    Fitzpatrick
    Henderson
    McComish
    Marshall
    Allen
    Nelson

LEINSTER
    Cronin
    McGrath
    Hagan
    Roux
    Ruddock
    Cooney
    Goodman
    Conway

As ak says it's the outside backs where Leinster might have an edge, but even then Goodman and Allen can't really be compared and while I'd definitely take Conway over Nelson at the moment Nelson will be a very good player and has serious gas if called upon.

Props are much of a muchness but if Fitzpatrick stays fit then I think I'd take Ulster props over Leinster's. Ruddock is definitely better than McComish but then I'd say the same for Marshall over Cooney but of course Marshall could just as easily lose Ulster the game as win it so there are caveats there too.

Closer than I initially thought anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

colster wrote: »
    REPLACEMENTS:
    16: Sean Cronin
    17: Jack McGrath
    18: Jamie Hagan
    19: Quinn Roux
    20: Rhys Ruddock
    21: John Cooney
    22: Andrew Goodman
    23: Andrew Conway

Funny. If you had asked me if that's a strong bench at the begining of the season I'd had said no way! But now? It's very strong. I'd go as so far as to say that all 3 front rowers are pushing the incumbents for starting spots, and are better attacking scrummagers. Roux? Well, he'll help the scrum if he comes on, not much more than that. Ruddock has become an absolute beast lately so he's always gonna be a decent impact sub. Goodman proved how much he can boss a tiring midfield last week, and Conway will no doubt be looking to impress one last time in a blue shirt and finish on a high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Afoa is in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I'd have had Conway over McF is Ferg is unfit. Tasty signing for us.

Should be a cracking game, best of luck to both sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

So friggin excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I am really looking forward to this game...

I am not worried like I was for the Amlin final as I did not know what to expect from Stade. Ulster on the other hand are well known. Should be cracking game no matter what.

Love the banter on this thread. Keep up the good work all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah the Leinster team has that comfortable old pair of slippers feel about it, that said my comfortable old slippers are pretty skanky.

Same starting back row as first grand final 4 seasons ago, 4 backs out of 7 the same and overall 11 out of 23. Maybe that just indicates typical turnover of a squad, but the Ulster team just screams dynamic, we will miss O'Brien big time.

Should be a cracker....!

frank_carson.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Yeah initially thought we looked a bit weak but there's 5 Lions in that starting team, there's enough quality there. We will miss SOB enormously though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

SOB being out is a huge loss but if he isn't fit no point. I wonder how long Afoa will last? He cant be 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

good solid leinster team - hopefully they can give Schmidt a deserved silverware , as a thank you for all the joy he has brought to leinster rugby. thank you Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I cannot believe I'm missing this match.

Would it be a defriendable offence if I skipped my friend's wedding to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Honey-ec wrote: »

A proper friend would be insisting you watch it and send text updates

Edit: Well actually a proper friend wouldn't have their wedding on finals day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I missed Ireland's Grand Slam winning game against Wales to attend a 'Friends' wedding.

Friends can be so frikken inconsiderate.

C'mon Leinster !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Pity about SO'B being out. Heaslip will be upping his game again (if anything goes of Leinsters performances in the absence of the Tullow Tank).

Afoa being in for Ulster is a big bonus for them, though I wonder will he be 100% and if he's not Leinster will exploit it.
    Gonna be a close match. C'mon Leinster!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

It's a defriendable offence to have your wedding on the same day as major sporting events! They'll learn quickly when everyone keeps disappearing during the meal/speeches/first dance etc. due to the Pro12 and CL finals tomorrow. They'll seriously regret not checking the sporting schedule, I would think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

4.45 is usually that bit of the wedding in between the ceremony and dinner when you're just standing round chatting. If you slip out to the bar and watch the game, would it be the worst thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Going to be a close match, whatever side takes their opportunities will win. Ulster side looks very strong on paper. It will be interesting to see if the presence of BOD and Sexton shuts down their back line more effectively than has been managed this season. If I had to put money on it, Leinster by a single score.

Regardless, I'll take comfort in the fact that the Ulster lads are just wannabe Leinster players anyway. ;)

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/6728.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

4.45 is usually that bit of the wedding in between the ceremony and dinner when you're just standing round chatting. If you slip out to the bar and watch the game, would it be the worst thing?

It's a civil wedding and the ceremony is at 5 :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

You look very unwell to me, I'd say it will reach its most contagious at 5pm to 7pm, suggestion lots of beverages between that time watching the game, then a miraculous recovery to make the rest of the wedding to hopefully celebrate the Leinster win wedding. ;)

• Administrators Posts: 53,557 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm gutted to be missing it too.

You know you were on TV at the Stade game, yea?

Just sayin' like, if you tell your mate you are sick she might see you on the TV. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Killser

This is gonna be deadly - really lookin forward. Gotta be in Wicklow till 4.00, hopefully be out early and speeding driving at motorway speed to make kick off at home in Mullingar.

COYBIB !!!!

Will miss Seanie, but Jamie tends to have big games when SOB is out!

Leinster by a couple :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

That sounds highly suspicious, registrars don't work on weekends.

Is it one of those actually married on Friday, fake service on Saturday deals?

Edit to say: Well that was the case a few years ago anyway, may have changed

Advertisement