Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preview Thread -RaboDirect Pro12 Final - RDS, 25th May, 1645 - live on RTE2/TG4/BBCNI

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Buer wrote: »
    Going to be a close match, whatever side takes their opportunities will win. Ulster side looks very strong on paper. It will be interesting to see if the presence of BOD and Sexton shuts down their back line more effectively than has been managed this season. If I had to put money on it, Leinster by a single score.

Regardless, I'll take comfort in the fact that the Ulster lads are just wannabe Leinster players anyway. ;)

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/6728.php

What the hell was that about?! Don't remember that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Bit of a table quiz one. They never played for Leinster but very much signed and were available if required. There's a few programmes knocking around with PW in the Leinster squad wearing blue. It's a good little fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Killser wrote: »
    This is gonna be deadly - really lookin forward. Gotta be in Wicklow till 4.00, hopefully be out early and speeding driving at motorway speed to make kick off at home in Mullingar.

COYBIB !!!!

Will miss Seanie, but Jamie tends to have big games when SOB is out!

Leinster by a couple :D
    Come on now, repeat after me: "1 plus 1 equals two"

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

awec wrote: »
    You know you were on TV at the Stade game, yea?

Just sayin' like, if you tell your mate you are sick she might see you on the TV. :D

I know, the world and its mother saw me. Definitely wouldn't have wanted to have lied to anyone about what I was doing that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,886 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Killser wrote: »
    This is gonna be deadly - really lookin forward. Gotta be in Wicklow till 4.00, hopefully be out early and speeding driving at motorway speed to make kick off at home in Mullingar.

COYBIB !!!!

Will miss Seanie, but Jamie tends to have big games when SOB is out every day now.

Leinster by a couple :D

FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Always great when two great teams play one another, and with a trophy at stake it should get the best out of both teams.

Ireland is the real winner of this years league :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lunarhog

Leinster to lay their Rabo final hoodoo to rest?
    Just wondering why the Aviva wasnt considered for this game, or would it be less than half full?

lunarhog wrote: »
    Just wondering why the Aviva wasnt considered for this game, or would it be less than half full?

Because A) It wouldn't sell out and B) Ulster could satisfy all of their STHs with their 9k allocation. Moving the game to the Aviva would have achieved nothing for them other than allowing Leinster to fit in an extra few thousand supporters. Not exactly rocket science for Ulster to stick with the RDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Because A) It wouldn't sell out and B) Ulster could satisfy all of their STHs with their 9k allocation. Moving the game to the Aviva would have achieved nothing for them other than allowing Leinster to fit in an extra few thousand supporters. Not exactly rocket science for Ulster to stick with the RDS.

Read somewhere that they'd need 40,000 to break even, I don't think that would have been achievable really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Honey-ec wrote: »

I very much disagree with this point. I know a ton of disappointed rugby fans still looking for tickets, myself included. It would not be in Ulster's favour to have in the the AVIVA though

Well actually looking at the capicities: RDS = 18k and AVIVA = 50k... maybe it wouldn't sell out

• Advertisement

Grimebox wrote: »
    I very much disagree with this point. I know a ton of disappointed rugby fans still looking for tickets, myself included.

Do you know 30,000 disappointed fans? Leinster know their business, and even if it had been their home final, they wouldn't have moved it because it wouldn't have sold out. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

If it was priced right I reckon you would see the Aviva mostly full - near 40,000 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Teferi wrote: »
    If it was priced right I reckon you would see the Aviva mostly full - near 40,000 or so.

But if you start slashing ticket prices, then you need even more fans to break even...

Pricing it low enough to sell 40k tickets would mean the cost of renting the stadium more than likely wouldn't be covered.

It's all moot anyway. As I said, moving it would benefit Leinster only and Ulster aren't that stupid.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,260 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

€30 for a celtic league final.... with two irish provinces....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Woop, picked up two tickets on ticketmaster - took a while to get 2 together but it worked out. Now, they're **** ones (touchline in the grandstand - from memory not great) but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

If the game was in the Aviva Ulster will definitely have taken more than 9k. Id say a lot of people didn't even try to getting tickets on the assumption it would be too hard.

In the future I think the Pro 12 final will swap from Dublin to Edinburgh to Cardiff to Rome from year to year. If fans knew a year in advance you would get a lot of people making a weekend of it and eventually I think we will be getting 50-70k at Pro 12 finals, but we arent there yet.

I've decided Leinster should be forced to cede three of its counties to even things out. They have too many and it's just not fair!
    ! We will take Louth off you.. .Im sure you wont actually mind...but that would mean we would also get the Kearney brothers.. .its only fair.. .

You can make your own arrangements with Munster and Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Crash wrote: »
    Woop, picked up two tickets on ticketmaster - took a while to get 2 together but it worked out. Now, they're **** ones (touchline in the grandstand - from memory not great) but still!

Thank you sir. I thought they were all gone, saw your post and snagged what looks like the last two. I am feckin thrilled.

:D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,260 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

bilston wrote: »
    If the game was in the Aviva Ulster will definitely have taken more than 9k. Id say a lot of people didn't even try to getting tickets on the assumption it would be too hard.

In the future I think the Pro 12 final will swap from Dublin to Edinburgh to Cardiff to Rome from year to year. If fans knew a year in advance you would get a lot of people making a weekend of it and eventually I think we will be getting 50-70k at Pro 12 finals, but we arent there yet.

pretty stupid assumption seeing as they couldnt even sell their own allotment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ulster_Beef

lunarhog wrote: »

I'm sick of seeing this question on all the different forums, sorry. May I also add another C option. What would have happened had Glasgow won? It was hardly out of the question. They would be lucky to bring 5000 or so.

How pathetic would a half full stadium look for a final? OurDS ;) was the only option

However, for the H cup QF against Edinburgh we did bring the best part of 35000 or more down so... it could have sold out BUT only if fans had more time to buy tickets. 2 weeks is not enough

sydthebeat wrote: »
    pretty stupid assumption seeing as they couldnt even sell their own allotment.

Oooohhhh Fighting talk

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

379749_632029396825205_1663598607_n.jpg

Is there anything this man cannot do?

Be afraid. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

awec wrote: »
    379749_632029396825205_1663598607_n.jpg

Is there anything this man cannot do?

Be afraid. :cool:

Hands on hips with white socks over black tights reminiscent of the glory days of Jane Fonda aerobics...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ulster_Beef

Buer wrote: »
    Going to be a close match, whatever side takes their opportunities will win. Ulster side looks very strong on paper. It will be interesting to see if the presence of BOD and Sexton shuts down their back line more effectively than has been managed this season. If I had to put money on it, Leinster by a single score.

Regardless, I'll take comfort in the fact that the Ulster lads are just wannabe Leinster players anyway. ;)

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/6728.php

You lot are just a small part of Munster :p you might hear that around the RDS a few times on Sat lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

The Celtic League finished early in the season back then and the HEC was the only game in town. Leinster had injuries so signed them for cover. Ulster didn't have any games left that season so didn't protest at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

So pumped for this, COYBIB!!

SUFTU

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

bilston wrote: »
    SUFTU

M

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    M

Well no, because Ulstermen is all one word!

Either will do!

SUFTU

SUFTUM

The sentiment is the same

Anyone for Fajitas?

Advertisement