Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preview Thread -RaboDirect Pro12 Final - RDS, 25th May, 1645 - live on RTE2/TG4/BBCNI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

molloyjh wrote: »
    Class....and so it begins.

Are there many going with the sombrero look? I know a couple of lads who always do for the Ulster games. Was wondering how widespread it would be....

Not very. Not sure if everyone even gets the joke. I'd love it if that guy who made a poncho out of his STH scarfs wore one tho!

• Administrators Posts: 53,557 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »
    That's called deodorant. DEO - DOR - ANT. :cool:

If yous know what it is why the lack of wearing it? :P

What's with this sombrero thing? Explain the joke!

awec wrote: »

Cuz we're south of the border gringos! Started on the Ulster boards I think...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I'm afraid you are going to have to explain it to us as a proud Ulsterman.

UAFC call Leinster the mexicans and usa a smiley of a man in a sombrero rather than saying Leinster fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster to lay their Rabo final hoodoo to rest?
    darraghm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

If yous know what it is why the lack of wearing it? :P

Leinster are Mexicans and Ulster are Gringos.

Ah, the Mexicans. That makes sense.

that's a general term for southerners :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Ah, the Mexicans. That makes sense.

that's a general term for southerners :P

I think this makes Munster Colombia or perhaps Guatemala is a more realistic comparison.

Connacht must be the Galapagos.

bilston wrote: »
    I think this makes Munster Colombia or perhaps Guatemala is a more realistic comparison.

Connacht must be the Galapagos.

Dunno, people from Cork are still called mexicans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I think Leinster will win by 10pts +.

For Ulster though for 2 reasons:
    They topped the league.
    Need the silverware more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Is it going to be split Ulster in the Nth Stand and Leinster in the Sth?

Loved that at the Twickers game last year, but would almost prefer it to be split.

Is it going to be split Ulster in the Nth Stand and Leinster in the Sth?

Loved that at the Twickers game last year, but would almost prefer it to be split.

Yep the allocation split, literally across the middle of the stadium, all the seats north of the halfway line are Ulster's.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It would be amazing to see 9,000 sombrero's south of the halfway line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

.ak wrote: »
    Yep the allocation split, literally across the middle of the stadium, all the seats north of the halfway line are Ulster's.

Feck that should be interesting!

Wonder would that impact on a team's coin toss decision, weather pending obviously.

Presume both teams would prefer to play into their own fans in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Can't bloody wait for this. Trying to source a sombrero now :D

Leinster fans come 7pm on Saturday:

not-so-happy-sombrero.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Ah, that's not fair. I think we still enjoy a win. Repeated success hasn't made us so cocky as to be unexcited by victory

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ah the great jaundice epidemic of 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

This would be hilarious, it should actually be done. None of the commentators will know what the hell is going on.

"Weird hat? What? Dont know what you're talking about."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Anyone know where I could get a few sombreros?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 escape m1

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/591005270/high_quality_sombrero_straw_hat.html

If only we had a bit more time. This would have been an amazing supporters initiative!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Is that correct? So if I'm in the north stand, I'm going to surrounded by Ulster fans? Riiiight, guess I'll have to tone it down a bit this week so.

I suppose that was probably the easiest way to distribute tickets but one of the best things about going to matches is everyone mingling in together.

The only time I ever give it socks is when I'm surrounded by the opposition. I really get a kick out of being the token away supporter. I almost lost my voice a few weeks back surrounded by red down in Thomand.

escape m1 wrote: »
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/591005270/high_quality_sombrero_straw_hat.html

If only we had a bit more time. This would have been an amazing supporters initiative!

A dollar a piece? Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Grimebox wrote: »
    The only time I ever give it socks is when I'm surrounded by the opposition. I really get a kick out of being the token away supporter. I almost lost my voice a few weeks back surrounded by red down in Thomand.

The last time I did that at an away game (we won't mention the venue), they waited for me to go and get a pint, and then threatened my girlfriend.

I was not happy, and it was the women who threatened her.

But, we won the game, at which point I was politely told to feck of back to where I had come from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

P.C. wrote: »
    The last time I did that at an away game (we won't mention the venue), they waited for me to go and get a pint, and then threatened my girlfriend.

I was not happy, and it was the women who threatened her.

But, we won the game, at which point I was politely told to feck of back to where I had come from.

I had a very different experience it seems. They took the piss out of my south dublin accent, I called them filthy bog-monsters, we made a bet on next try scorer (Zebo v Isa) and we all shook hands at the end. Munster fans are very accommodating in my limited experience

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Dunno if many of you missed out on tickets, but I picked up mine today and I was just checking where they were. I noticed two pairs of seats still available in the anglesea stand block D. Now I texted my mates, and they're gone. But I'd say it's worth a check every few hours.

For example.

There are two available RIGHT NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Sean O'Brien 'not ruled out' for Saturday by Gibbs on RTE news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

vienne86 wrote: »
    Sean O'Brien 'not ruled out' for Saturday by Gibbs on RTE news.

He's just trying to recover the situation after Gatland opened his mouth, again.
    On an unrelated note, I'm pleased with Lacey's appointment as ref, especially as it means G. Clancy is confined to the touchline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Leinster are taking the home dressing room. Interesting.

Anyway, Ulster are flagging the shit out of their fans for tomorrow, so any Leinster fans attending need to bring every bit of blue kit they can possibly get their hands on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

This business with SOB is a mess.

Advertisement