Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Gara poised to join Sexton at Racing Metro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

sweetie wrote: »
    Good for ROG but I can't imagine O Gara speaking french!

Si, il parle bien! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Si, il parle bien! :D

I think his French was decent enough, but probably rusty now (he may have 3rd level French). I remember a fairly fluent interview from him after the Toulouse game in 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

This is like something you would read on 1 April! It's hilarious. Is there a Racing fans forum somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,849 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

vienne86 wrote: »
    This is like something you would read on 1 April! It's hilarious. Is there a Racing fans forum somewhere?

If there is, Ill bet they're outraged that their entire fabric is being outsourced.

You only have to look at RCT to see the disconnect between a local following and a teams of mercs

jm08 wrote: »
    I think his French was decent enough, but probably rusty now (he may have 3rd level French). I remember a fairly fluent interview from him after the Toulouse game in 2000.

He did French for a year in UCC I think.

You would forget it really quickly though if you don't use it regularly. Reading French rugby fora and websites is a way for me to keep up mine.
    Is there a Racing fans forum somewhere?

http://forum.racing-metro92.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1297&p=51251&hilit=ronan+o%27gara#p51251

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You only have to look at RCT to see the disconnect between a local following and a teams of mercs

I know this is completely off topic but RCT do a lot for their fans. They organised a Heineken Cup village for the quarter final and are broadcasting the final on Stade Mayol's big screen. There is a financial disconnect between players and supporters but that would apply here too. Toulon-Munster is still the best atmosphere I've experienced at a match.

Clermont have only three more French players in their starting lineup for tomorrow than Toulon you know.

This shows that he obviously has done French beyond Leaving cert. ..... I'd say he'll be fine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Please don't start this crap today

What about tomorrow?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

He gives the accent a decent shot anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

http://forum.racing-metro92.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1297&start=1250

I think they're bemused more than anything else, wondering how this came about. No negative reaction yet anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Thud

so when the camera shows ROG in the stand after Johnny misses a kick will be be happy or sad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

He gives the accent a decent shot anyway.

He's no Joey barton thats for sure.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

if this pans out to be true, the racing have just become my french club of choice!!!

jaysus they have a knack for stirring the sh!te ;)

sydthebeat wrote: »
    if this pans out to be true, the racing have just become my french club of choice!!!

jaysus they have a knack for stirring the sh!te ;)

Racing has already become my French club of choice.....I have always kept an eye on French rugby, but forget to watch the matches on Setanta....I only have it via internet, but that's changing for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Haha, who wrote this script?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Its good that he is going abroad to start his coaching career. No doubt, a position awaits him at munster if he wants it but it could be good for Irish rugby in the future if he learns his trade abroad and broadens his knowledge..

• Subscribers Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Racing has already become my French club of choice.....I have always kept an eye on French rugby, but forget to watch the matches on Setanta....I only have it via internet, but that's changing for next season.

tv5monde sometimes shows matches

sydthebeat wrote: »
    tv5monde sometimes shows matches

Only the barrage matches in the Top 14 methinks. But yes, I do watch those.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Rte confirmed. The ****

Nothing on the Racing Métro site anyway.

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »
    Rte confirmed. The ****

Incredible stuff - you couldn't make this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Still a better love story than twilight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Grimebox wrote: »
    Can everyone read this again before we all start shouting at each other

It has been confirmed that Ronan O’Gara will join Racing Metro as a kicking and youth-team coach next season.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/european/2013/0517/450967-ogara/

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

ROG to Johnny: "I wish I knew how to quit you."

Brokeback Métro. A love story for the ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

If Racing Metro's no.10s all get injured during next season, can they register ROG as a player too? Who knows what will happen with the Odd Couple next season!

Fair play to him for getting the gig. Having more Irishmen coaching at a top level abroad can only benefit Irish Rugby in the long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Catmologen wrote: »
    It has been confirmed that Ronan O’Gara will join Racing Metro as a kicking and youth-team coach next season.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/european/2013/0517/450967-ogara/

Well then, gloves off

ROG to teach Sexton how to play above international standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Sadly this means we've seen the last of Ronan O'Gara on a rugby field. End of an era

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ironingbored

trouttrout wrote: »
    There's surely a sitcom to be made based around ROG and Sexton sharing a flat in Paris

D'Incroyables?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Wow you guys are right, this is a gem of a sitcom opportunity.

Good luck to both ROG and Johnny, will definitely be watching Racing's matches next season. It's sad to see ROG quit his playing career though, even as a Leinster fan..but it's time.

Advertisement