Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Gara poised to join Sexton at Racing Metro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

I wonder who will be a better pundit ROG or Sexton?

/runs away..

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

no one does the touch screen better than will greenwood.

Aye, Greenwood's always the star of that show. Speaks well and has the rugby pedigree too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

lologram wrote: »
    Aye, Greenwood's always the star of that show. Speaks well and has the rugby pedigree too.

I like Greenwood, always very honest and neutral as a pundit. Doesn't get sucked in to the jingoism of colleagues like Morris for example.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Ruck Inspector

good little insight there by ROG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

ROG was very impressive in his role as a pundit IMO. Hopefully he'll be able to keep it up when he starts his coaching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

ROG was very impressive in his role as a pundit IMO. Hopefully he'll be able to keep it up when he starts his coaching.
    Really enjoyed his contributions there, loved the way he was cracking up laughing when they said he'd be coaching Jonny.

Was very complimentary of him too, said his crossfield kick to Nacewa was top class and a very difficult skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I've only just watched a recording of this.....and was very impressed. Loved his bit at the touch screen, making the comparison between James and Wilkinson. Would love to see more of him as a pundit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

In fairness he looked a bit nervy for his first time but his analysis and insight was impressive.

He obviously has massive respect for Jonny and having a familiar face around can do nothing but help Jonny settle in and do what he is being paid(nicely) to do.

Radge and Jsex bessies for eva.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Ruck Inspector

loved how he mentioned Wilkinson and spiral kicks and how it was becoming rarer in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

Any recordings up that show ROG's analysis?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

CoDy1 wrote: »
    In fairness he looked a bit nervy for his first time but his analysis and insight was impressive.

He obviously has massive respect for Jonny and having a familiar face around can do nothing but help Jonny settle in and do what he is being paid(nicely) to do.

Radge and Jsex bessies for eva.

Ok. From now now on Johnny sexton does not exist. Its Jsex. (Although it sound like a black rapper from detroit)

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

loved how he mentioned Wilkinson and spiral kicks and how it was becoming rarer in the game.

ROG made the spiral!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

Apparently Sexton was the one who actually recommended ROG as a potential coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Bogota wrote: »
    Apparently Sexton was the one who actually recommended ROG as a potential coach.

How could he have recommended ROG as a potential coach if he never knew he would retire?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,035 ✭✭✭✭phog

Another story doing the rounds is that late last year Racing were talking to ROG about joining them and he said they should chase up Sexton.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The pair of them are bros now, wouldn't surprise me to see them recommending each other. You're getting class either side.

yimrsg wrote: »
    How could he have recommended ROG as a potential coach if he never knew he would retire?

ROG has been talking about going over to coach in France for awhile now. This isn't an idea that happened in the last few weeks. I've only heard that Sexton recommended ROG, I've no idea how it came up but I'd guess that the Racing president asked Sexton about ROG and it was something that Racing were considering before Sexton was even in negotiations. I believe that ROG was contacted by another french club last season about potentially joining up with them as coach after he finishes rugby so he was clearly sought before any news on his retirement came to the fore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Think that's turned out to be untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

ROG has been talking about going over to coach in France for awhile now. This isn't an idea that happened in the last few weeks. I've only heard that Sexton recommended ROG, I've no idea how it came up but I'd guess that the Racing president asked Sexton about ROG and it was something that Racing were considering before Sexton was even in negotiations. I believe that ROG was contacted by another french club last season about potentially joining up with them as coach after he finishes rugby so he was clearly sought before any news on his retirement came to the fore.

That's all conjecture. Sexton himself was surprised at ROG's retirement/move to coaching.
    Yeah, obviously, I thought he’d go for another season with Munster.

He talks about having no idea about O'Gara's role with Racing.
    I don’t know what his role exactly is

Quotes from here: http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/irish/2013/0518/451108-sexton-knew-nothing-of-ogara-move-to-racing/

The above quotes are hardly indicative of Sexton recommending ROG to Lorenzetti & Racing. There is much more firm evidence to say that Sexton had no idea about ROG moving to coaching/retirement than there is saying he recommended him for the role. You're only spreading hearsay.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

ROG made the spiral!

Right after Wilkinson did...

• Advertisement

yimrsg wrote: »
    That's all conjecture. Sexton himself was surprised at ROG's retirement/move to coaching.

He talks about having no idea about O'Gara's role with Racing.

Quotes from here: http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/irish/2013/0518/451108-sexton-knew-nothing-of-ogara-move-to-racing/

The above quotes are hardly indicative of Sexton recommending ROG to Lorenzetti & Racing. There is much more firm evidence to say that Sexton had no idea about ROG moving to coaching/retirement than there is saying he recommended him for the role. You're only spreading hearsay.

I pretty much said as much.

Right after Wilkinson did...

Well excuuuuuuus me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Dropatgoal

just read a very interesting article about that man O'Gara. Its called a lifetime at ten, great read.
    <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Teferi wrote: »
    The pair of them are bros now

Now that's a front page headline! :pac:

Dropatgoal wrote: »
    just read a very interesting article about that man O'Gara. Its called a lifetime at ten, great read.
    <SNIP>

Stop trying to plug your blog, second website I have seen this link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Stop trying to plug your blog, second website I have seen this link

Plus it's mainly sycophantic ****e aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Plus it's mainly sycophantic ****e aswell.

good word!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

trouttrout wrote: »
    good word!

I have cromulent word power...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

So O'Gara's wife has come out swinging at Kidney...
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ogaras-wife-attacks-former-coach-kidney-over-treatment-of-star-29281954.html

Two questions:
    1) Why is his wife even being interviewed? Is that not a bit weird?
    2) What did she want, that Ireland would pick O'Gara even though he was playing badly, just so he could have a send-off?
    He was really mistreated. For what he gave to Ireland for so many years, he could have been treated a lot better.

All a bit odd?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Wife in 'supporting husband' shock.

Advertisement