Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Gara poised to join Sexton at Racing Metro

Options
  • 17-05-2013 3:47pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

French media are reporting that Ronan O'Gara is poised to join Jonathan Sexton at Racing Metro for next season.

Sports newspaper, L'Equipe claim that the Munster out-half has agreed a 2-year contract to join the Paris club as an assistant coach.

The 36-year-old is rumoured to be joining as a kicking coach, which means that he would be working alongside his former rival for the Ireland number 10 shirt.

http://www.newstalk.ie/OGara-poised-to-join-Sexton-at-Racing-Metro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Kayless

If true, this is the definition of irony but fair play to ROG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

I'd say its highly unlikely O'Gara would have been hired without Johnny Sexton being consulted.

Could work out very well for both O'Gara & Sexton......

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don't think Sexton is beyond learning from a player with a superior career under his belt so could work out well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

It'd make a great sitcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

well this thread is going to end well

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Ruck Inspector

ROG could certainly learn a thing or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Not sure you really understand the whole "player-coach" relationship....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

This is priceless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

I see that Newstalk missed/ignored the more mundane fact that O'Gara's primary role is supposed to be with the youth team, i.e. his contact with Sexton day-to-day will probably be minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I see that Newstalk missed/ignored the more mundane fact that O'Gara's primary role is supposed to be with the youth team, i.e. his contact with Sexton day-to-day will probably be minimal.

It's still funny :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Oh dear. :(

Here we go......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I don't think Sexton is beyond learning from a player with a superior career under his belt so could work out well.

This should be fun........

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I think his experience will be a big benefit to the players, and sexton still hasnt reached his potential. So assuming theres no bad blood, which I doubt there is, it'll be great for sexton having a fellow irishman to step up his game. We laugh now, but a year down the line when Johnny is the face of Northern Hemisphere rugby, it will be partly down to O'Gara's coaching. Regardless on how people feel about him, he was good at kicking, damn good. And if Sexton gets his sniper rifle of a boot on him, with Sextons other attributes, its all good, just a shame its not in a Leinster jersey... sure he might even say Sexton to come back to Munster :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Can everyone read this again before we all start shouting at each other

Grimebox wrote: »
    Can everyone read this again before we all start shouting at each other

ah sure it will be grand, it's not like all the Leinster supporters are going on the lash this evening and will come home drunk as a skunk to try and start a fi....

Ah crap!!!!!

ROG could certainly learn how to tackle, not sure Johnny has time to waste teaching ROG though.

ROG could certainly learn how to tackle, not sure Johnny has time to waste teaching ROG though.

God this is pretty pathetic post. ROG is retired you know? Doubt he's going to be tackling the youngsters he'll be coaching

Please don't start this crap today

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Maybe ROG can finally teach Sexton how to control a game.

Hidden_trollface1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

That was the offer from Stade Francais. I think he had offers from a few French clubs.

According to L'equipe, he met the Racing President in London today and he will be an Assistant Coach on a 2 year contract.
    ’ex-demi d’ouverture de l’Irlande et du Munster, Ronan O'Gara, qui a rencontré le président du Racing-Métro 92, Jacky Lorenzetti ce vendredi à Londres, s’est engagé pour deux ans avec le club francilien comme entraîneur-adjoint. A 36 ans, O’Gara (1083 points en 130 sélections) entame sa reconversion par un poste d’importance aux côtés du duo Laurent Labit-Laurent Travers, qui arrivera au Racing la saison prochaine.

Soap opera :D though in reality it could be good for both to help settle in as they will have some familarity with each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

These things normally go well.

obiwan-and-anakin-obi-wan-kenobi-and-anakin-skywalker-8097494-500-375.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Well Sexton's head is clearly not going to be right tonight :pac:

2VhMM.jpg

There's surely a sitcom to be made based around ROG and Sexton sharing a flat in Paris

trouttrout wrote: »
    God this is pretty pathetic post. ROG is retired you know? Doubt he's going to be tackling the youngsters he'll be coaching

well we wouldnt want the young kids being taught how to tackle wrongly?

might result in an injury that could be avoided.

anyway i'm off to get drunk and celebrate Sexton controlling Leinster to another medal.

*knock on wood*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

anyway i'm off to get drunk and celebrate Sexton controlling Leinster to another medal.

*knock on wood*

I really hope you don't regret that post.

I really hope you don't regret that post.

hence the knock on wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I can't help but smile at that story. Life can be funny sometimes. It'll be nice that they now have someone they know in the area.

Balls that ROG wouldn't stay on the extra year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Good for ROG but I can't imagine O Gara speaking french!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The communication between Les Jeunes Racings and ROG should be interesting

Sexton is doing hours of French study a week just to comply with the RCM decision that all coaching shall be in French......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

*knock on wood*
    Or taught their grammar incorrectly

Advertisement