Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

callaway92 wrote: »
    Nice of you to tell us about the bet after the 1st Round ;)

Early doors. The slums of Chicago are full of first round leaders Peter Jacobsen’s famous quote.
    I'll try to get them to you sooner next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,963 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

callaway92 wrote:
    Nice of you to tell us about the bet after the 1st Round
    Well in fairness it's not like he's saying he backed them to win the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well in fairness it's not like he's saying he backed them to win the tournament.

Yeh, I’m not sure you understand. It’s aftertiming just as bad saying he backed them for Top 10 after the first round given the implied odds of them now finishing in the top 10 after the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Do people not understand aftertiming and why it's so annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,963 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

callaway92 wrote:
    Yeh, I’m not sure you understand. It’s aftertiming just as bad saying he backed them for Top 10 after the first round given the implied odds of them now finishing in the top 10 after the first round.

Do people not understand aftertiming and why it's so annoying?
    I understand aftertiming but this isn't some guy coming on saying he's backed a 100/1 shot to win the tournament when it's over.
    It's after one round, there's still three to go, and it's only top ten bets. It's very minor and anybody having a problem with that has issues they need to deal with imo.

Mod Comment, easy with that last sentence, stick to Betting comments please

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    I understand aftertiming but this isn't some guy coming on saying he's backed a 100/1 shot to win the tournament when it's over.
    It's after one round, there's still three to go, and it's only top ten bets. It's very minor and anybody having a problem with that has issues they need to deal with imo.

Nah - It just takes the fun away seeing someone come in after the value of their bets has gone up massively to announce what they’ve backed.

But unfair to say people have issues to deal with.

^^^^

Be like me saying I backed Brandon to be 2RL an hour ago @ 7/2 :P

Not as if there isn't half the field yet to tee off :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Let us doing the modding thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I backed Kokrak today ew @66-1 6 places, only because I backed Abraham Ancer at the start, and he had a 7 on a par 5, fine achievement considering he had 216 from the fairway for his second shot. Kokrak is teeing off at 7:04,so he hasn't hit a shot since I backed him, so that's not after timing, even par would be a good score

Didn't realize my post would cause such a stir! My purpose wasn't anything other than to share my bets, whether they were going good or bad. I'd never heard of aftertiming before this thread. Does it apply to bad bets as well as good ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Didn't realize my post would cause such a stir! My purpose wasn't anything other than to share my bets, whether they were going good or bad. I'd never heard of aftertiming before this thread. Does it apply to bad bets as well as good ones?

Some people crack up over it, it's considered poor etiquette, but others are not too pushed, it's not like you made it up, you had the bets. Aftertiming is like saying I punted Leicester at 5000/1 to win the premiership, and doubled them with the grand national winner, its considered showing off. In some cases its ridiculous, some of the racing punters are fantasists. Good luck with your selections

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Pogue eile wrote: »
    McIllroy for win and FRL (latter boosted to 28/1 on PP which seems massive)
    Hovland
    Hatton
    Fleetwood
    Wallace
    MacIntyre

Based on the above you can expect an all American leaderboard on Sunday night :D

5/6 make the cut but none really threathening, have added Koepka @4s and Berger, Spieth and Rahm for Top 10 - hopeing that the early starters get the more favourable conditions.

Couple of wildcard punts for the weekend:

McIlroy win
    Rahm win

Rahm in particular is the one player that can come from a mile back out of nowhere to win, so I like him at 80s

McIlroy very punty but I don’t think he’s a disgrace at 66/1

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Brenty

Phil and Koepka to make par or better on Hole one boosted to evs on skybet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Harrington and Lowry in a battle fir top European!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Speith 18
    Bryson 22 both win only

Hatton 55
    Lowry 95
    Louis 110
    Woodland 130 all ew place at 8 separate.

Frl
    Keegan 55/1 1/4 5 places
    Wallace 100/1 ew 7 places

GL all

3 placed for the week so can't complain. Will take that. Pity Woodland faded away

Well done to Phil backers, and Harrington too.

Delighted for Phil. Looks as fit now as he did 15 years ago

Ben Coley tipped Mickelson to be top former champion at 28/1 pre tournament

Some going, although if you'd told me you were putting money on it last Wednesday I'd have said you were mad

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

My bets on Hoffman and Bradley for Top 20 are showing as lost... Is this because of the amount of players tied for 17th?

And Ancer top Rest of the World is only showing as a place, do South Africans count in that market now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Woodland
    Harrington
    Stricker
    All E/W

Harrington was 400/1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

My bets on Hoffman and Bradley for Top 20 are showing as lost... Is this because of the amount of players tied for 17th?

And Ancer top Rest of the World is only showing as a place, do South Africans count in that market now?

Does your bookie have a "Results" page? I've just checked Bet365, and even though there's a "Top South African" market, they've included South Africans in the "Top Rest of World" market too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Went for Hatton, Ancer and Lowry.

Schwartzel seems a good shout too. Not so sure on Rahm. Been awful lately by all accounts and had a few MCs.

Ancer and Lowry returned EW. Ancer was tied with a million players so literally got stake back. Better on Lowry, so returned a small profit overall.

Happy enough really because between Mickelson and Brooks I'd never have picked them. Delighted for Phil though. Some result.

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Harrington was 400/1 :pac:

Great stuff, hope you made a nice bit for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

redzerdrog wrote: »
    My long shortlist is
    Rory @12s
    Dustin @20s
    Hatton @60s
    Fleetwood @55s
    Lowry @90s
    Grace @160/1
    Burmenster @350/1
    Sullivan @350/1
    Coetzee @600/1
    Harrington @750/1

Never got so much fun and or profit out of a place. Lowry @90s and Harrington @750s made for an enjoyable weekend!

Backed Connors, Mickelson and Hatton for Top 10. All under par after 1st round. Berger for Top 5 looks a loser but he started slow last week again and climbed up the leaderboard.
    I bet Top 5 or Top 10 on the Betfair Exchange in golf last few years with some success. Odds seem decent and I don't feel like I'm betting against myself with multiple bets.
    Only got paid on Phil in Top 10 but that at 28/1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

had victor and woodland cash out at 350e at one stage fk it anway. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Rahm 12s

Hatton 40s

Rose 66s

Grace 125s

2 places at 12s and 66s gutted with grace who was in the places all tournament until a rotten final round.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Frisbee wrote: »
    Berger e/w @ 25/1
    Cantlay e/w @ 40/1

T20
    Conners @ 12/5
    Reed @ 7/4
    Ancer @ 2/1
    Scott @ 4/1
    Xander @ 10/11

Koepka MC @ 13/8
    Na MC @ 5/4
    Todd MC @ evens

Low Round 65 & Over @ evens
    Casey, Cam Smith & Ancer Top 40 @ 11/2

Some good and some tough.

Had written my Cantlay bet off then saw he was T13 before R4 so ignore the cashout. Last I saw he was T6 so thought I would get an ok place. T23 he finished in the end which I didn't realise until Monday morning.

My 65 low round looked very safe until Abe Ancer went on a madness on Sunday, luckily missing his birdie putt on 18 for a 64.

Cam Smith imploded Sunday to ruin that final treble.

And of course my Koepka Missed Cut looked great :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Great stuff, hope you made a nice bit for that one

€200 on an ew with a fairly low stake to begin with.
    (My bigger bet was on gary woodland who sadly had a 'mare on the back nine)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Scoundrel wrote: »
    2 places at 12s and 66s gutted with grace who was in the places all tournament until a rotten final round.

Branden really disgraced himself (and my account balance) with that chokejob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Branden really disgraced himself (and my account balance) with that chokejob.

Yep mine too would have had a decent profit if he had placed. He's very close to going on my never back again list.

Advertisement