Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Absolutely all over Patrick Reed at 30/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Brooks Koepka W
    Xander Schauffele W
    Patrick Reed W
    Collin Morikawa EW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

I done €20 ew on Phil, knows the course inside out! recent major champion so confidence high and the one he needs for the slam! @55/1 taught it was a no brainier! 8 back needs a bit of Philly magic today. He did get very unlucky with a few bounces yesterday though... hitting the flag and bouncing into the rough etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Fancy a flutter on Leona in the upcoming major, does Paddypower over bets on womens golf? I couldnt find it on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

DuckSlice wrote: »
    Fancy a flutter on Leona in the upcoming major, does Paddypower over bets on womens golf? I couldnt find it on the website.

Not sure about PP but with most bookies you will only get the LPGA tour events priced up the week of the event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

tobsey wrote: »
    My mrs went with Koepka and Morikawa both E/W too so I suppose I'll have to cheer them on as well

5 out of 6 between the two of ye, fair dues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hovland
    Morikawa
    Lowry
    Leishman
    Kokrak
    Homa

All e/w and then gone with winner only on Rahm a few weeks ago at slightly better odds than he is now.
    Previous winner at course and loves the place anyway as he got engaged there

Well at least I picked the winner anyway. Morikawa wasn’t far away I suppose. The rest were shocking.

Thought it was a no brainer to go on Rahm once the Covid incident happened. So unfortunate and he has a great history at the course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

DuckSlice wrote: »

They have no market yet, expect around 40/1 when they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

5 out of 6 between the two of ye, fair dues

Louis was the best price of the lot so heartbroken he didn’t get it done. But all told it was a good week alright so can’t complain too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Any one any fancies for irish open?

• Advertisement

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Any one any fancies for irish open?

Fancy James Morrison 200-1 general and Niall Kearney at around 100-1 general. Both with good all round games and playing very well of late in particular the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Horsfield is my main bet, also on Ryan Fox, Sodorberg and Maverick Antcliff.

In the US I'm on the other Maverick(McNealy), Si Woo Kim, Sungjae Im and Seamus Power.

Did Power and Doc Redman for frl in Rocket Mortgage and Larrazabal in Irish Open for same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,836 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Andy Sullivan for me

If links course it would’ve been Ryan Fox but he’ll struggle with driving in Mount Juliet. I always find it such a narrow course and he is wild so wouldn’t go near him.

callaway92 wrote:
    If links course it would’ve been Ryan Fox but he’ll struggle with driving in Mount Juliet. I always find it such a narrow course and he is wild so wouldn’t go near him.
    I thought the rough wasn't severe this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,836 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

eagle eye wrote: »
    I thought the rough wasn't severe this year?

I more mean water/trees - it’s fairly ruthless if wild. Generally I’d be a strong driver of the ball and really struggled there. Actually thinking of leaving driver at hole next time I play there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Was going to do Kaymer after this final round last week was brilliant . I see he his leading - damn

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Open bets.

Westwood 33/1

Oosthuizen 25/1

Bland 150/1

All e/w 11 places with Skybet

Post edited by Plasandrunt on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Hatton to win

Fowler & Harrington E/W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,492 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Two e/w:

Berger at 66s

Eric van Rooyen at 200s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Reed T20

Jones T20

Scheffler T20

Grace T20

Hovland Outright

Stenson to be Top Swedish Player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

€1 e/w Dylan Fritelli first round leader 125/1 - Half a chance of getting my stake plus a couple of cents back on this one :D

Then myself and the wife have a dozen other players backed all e/w outright and for small stakes. Just for the craic :)

Lowry, cantley, reed, scheffler, garcia, MWLee, Gooch, Herbert, Fox, Fritelli, Steele, Mitchell and Long

I have Brooks, Louis, Fitzpatrick, Kisner and Mon Woo Lee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

So I placed what I thought was a mid-US Open bet on Morrikawa but when I looked it was actually for the British. So fingers crossed for the 'greatest' mistake of my gambling career.😝

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

will post later cashed out at 171e just before ooos hit bunker

v happy out

And you decided to tell us this during the final round? How convenient.....

Fritelli EW was a cracking bet congrats, what odds had ye on that?

300/1

I only had 1 euro each way on him for the overall as well. Just a bit of fun :) - I think we'll have cleared our total costs between that and the first round leader. had a 5'er each way on Scheffler also, so get a few pound back for that. And a 5'er each way on Lowry. Seeing as he came 12th, we'll probably get the stake back plus a penny lol ;)

I actually miscalculated my bets and I ended up doing a lot better than i thought. I got 51 for Fritelli coming 5th, 25 for the first round leader bet on Fritelli. Got 38 for Scheffler and got 9.40 for Lowry. All including the return of stake. About 125 quid altogether. Tripled the value of our bets. Well pleased :D

• Advertisement

I think Hideki has to be my main bet for the Olympics given he's won twice on the course albeit many years ago. Under huge pressure of course.

Advertisement