Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetships 2013

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

KingFling wrote: »
    Thanks Goldie Fish, if you were between 1-5 in the list what chance do you recon you have of getting called up?? Just from prior experience? Cheers

KF

What competition was it? Really depends on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭KingFling

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    What competition was it? Really depends on that.

The cadetship competition 2013

The cadetship competition 2013

What branch? For the army probably a small but reasonable chance. The air corps usually only take on 3 or so its unlikely theyd call on the reserves. Not sure about the Navy numbers wise.

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    What branch? For the army probably a small but reasonable chance. The air corps usually only take on 3 or so its unlikely theyd call on the reserves. Not sure about the Navy numbers wise.

Sorry, for the Army. 30 brought forward for Medicals, 20 positions offered. The rest are on the reserved list with place numbers supplied

Sorry, for the Army. 30 brought forward for Medicals, 20 positions offered. The rest are on the reserved list with place numbers supplied

Dont really have any first hand experience but id imagine out if 20 there is some chance that some will drop out. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tomato1988

congrats to all who were successful. very jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ryanvanhaeften

well done to everyone who got in and does on the reserve list have a definite chance.
    One dropped out last year but she was navy I have been told!

What we have to bring is very vague? Do we bring a lot of civilian clothes?swimsuit?

I think there is a very small proportion of us in that are actively on this board!

it also says 10 -11. I think I will arrive at 10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

congrats to all who made it. well done

to those who didnt, does anyone know the story with finding out why you may not have gotten through?
    do we need to email them first and request to know or do they email everyone automatically when the competition closes?

congrats to all who made it. well done

to those who didnt, does anyone know the story with finding out why you may not have gotten through?
    do we need to email them first and request to know or do they email everyone automatically when the competition closes?

think they said in the last email we can get feedback in october. so I presume we'd have to email them looking for feedback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

tomato1988 wrote: »
    think they said in the last email we can get feedback in october. so I presume we'd have to email them looking for feedback

thanks mate, i thought that alright, just wanted to double check :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

How often do they recruit lads?

Cadets like?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TacAide

Canyon86 wrote: »
    How often do they recruit lads?

Cadets like?

The cadets recruit annually (numbers vary year on year), with the competition starting in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alan_007_

Anyone have any idea how to get feedback on how I did in the interview? I tried emailing the address that sent me out the email saying that I didn't get in, but haven't heard anything back after a week.

Alan_007_ wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea how to get feedback on how I did in the interview? I tried emailing the address that sent me out the email saying that I didn't get in, but haven't heard anything back after a week.

they replied to me asking for my home address and said it would be sent by post at the end of this month. Try emailing again with the stage you got to (interview presumably) and also your home address

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

How long did it take for some of you to get your results back? Requested mine 3 weeks ago. Only got the first part back from the Psychometric test.

Same here shifty, I'd say just wait and you will receive. 2,000+ for first stage, 1,500+ for second stage etc etc etc. It could take a while to get through them all.

Got my results today by post breaking each stage down and the transcripts of my interview.

TacAide wrote: »
    Got my results today by post breaking each stage down and the transcripts of my interview.

got mine in the post aswell today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭madel

For results, did ye email or ring?

• Advertisement

madel wrote: »

I submitted a letter in writing to the Freedom of Information Office in the Defence Forces, asking for feedback of my performance and then received it my feedback in writing in the form of a letter, from the Defence Forces.

You could alternatively email the Recruitment office and request your feedback, but a serving officer advised me to submit every request and/or question in writing to the Defence Forces because they respond to all your queries in writing.

madel wrote: »

I emailed them and they sent it out in the post

Advertisement