Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetships 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Smurf8

tomato1988 wrote: »
    was down in the curragh on the monday/tuesday. interview not for a few weeks yet

Yeah I got the go ahead there this afternoon as well, relieved! Up in a few weeks as well

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tomato1988

Smurf8 wrote: »
    Yeah I got the go ahead there this afternoon as well, relieved! Up in a few weeks as well

fair play. probably same day. think its 6 or 7 people per day is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Congrats lads, brother got his as well yesterday. I'd wish you well but you're competing against him so break a leg. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CCCP1

Anyone know if the fasting the night before medical means you can / can't take water? I assume you can but want to be sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

You can take ordinary still water.

• Advertisement

Anyone know the breakdown of places this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭SplitCartridge

100 or so candidates for interviews for the Army anyway seems to be the running theory

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

anyone heading to haulbowline next week? different layout completely from the army one, medical, fitness tests, group assessment and interviews all taking place over the 2 days

anyone heading to haulbowline next week? different layout completely from the army one, medical, fitness tests, group assessment and interviews all taking place over the 2 days

I'm not but thats a lot squeezed in, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Coming to the end now lads, how did the interviews go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭optimus125

Final interview for Air Corps done, now it's just fingers crossed until the 10th.

optimus125 wrote: »
    Final interview for Air Corps done, now it's just fingers crossed until the 10th.

How did it go?

Dont have to give specifics, just a general, "was hard", "Gave me a few curve balls" type of answer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭optimus125

Shifty13 wrote: »
    How did it go?

Dont have to give specifics, just a general, "was hard", "Gave me a few curve balls" type of answer. :)

It went well, I'm happy with it. Hard to judge though, and I'm sure everyone else was very strong by this stage. Wasn't a nightmare or anything though, the panel were all very pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭SplitCartridge

Do ye know when they're doing the medicals and when the class is due to start?

Do ye know when they're doing the medicals and when the class is due to start?

Starts 7th of October I think. No idea about the medicals

Medicals on the 15th, 16th and 19th I was told on leaving the curragh, emails will be out most likely on the 13th as the final interview day is on the 12th

Medicals on the 15th, 16th and 19th I was told on leaving the curragh, emails will be out most likely on the 13th as the final interview day is on the 12th

Great stuff, the wait is killing me here ha ha.

Also when will we find out if we get a place in the cadet school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Emails go out tomorrow@6am

Is that for the Navy or Aircorp? Cause Army interviews are ongoing untill the 12th.

Is that for the Navy or Aircorp? Cause Army interviews are ongoing untill the 12th.

Has to be Aircorps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Shifty13 wrote: »
    Has to be Aircorps.

Or maybe it's just a wind up. ;)

Or maybe it's just a wind up. ;)

Yeah probably, just sit tight for the time being!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Yeah probably, just sit tight for the time being!!

Just try to put it out of your mind and relax. When it comes, it comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭madel

I was told that interviews end on the 12th so expect emails on 13th and 14th for the army. I don't know about the air corp/naval service.

madel wrote: »
    I was told that interviews end on the 12th so expect emails on 13th and 14th for the army. I don't know about the air corp/naval service.

Found the interview board very fair. Hard to know if it went well or not though

tomato1988 wrote: »
    Found the interview board very fair. Hard to know if it went well or not though

Same as myself. Was a great interview, but we'll wait and see :) .

What does the medical consist of? We gave blood and urine samples, so its the audio gram, eye test and what else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 blondie.paula

madel wrote: »

Will they not wait for leaving cert results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Will they not wait for leaving cert results?

No. They will however request verified results as soon as they are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 blondie.paula

Anyone heard anything from army? Still waiting. It's killing me here.

• Advertisement

Anyone heard anything from army? Still waiting. It's killing me here.

Same boat dude. Has to be tomorrow.

Advertisement