Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetships 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ryanvanhaeften

I got a phone call this morning! Saying I was accepted.
    Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭KingFling

I didn't get a call yet anyway, 18 Cadets, 2 Equitation, 30 called for Medical. Will be absolutely gutted if I don't get through. Best of luck to you all :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Genuinely

Anyone who got accepted, have you gotten a response to the email you sent accepting your place? I'm terrified my email hasn't sent properly...

Genuinely wrote: »
    Anyone who got accepted, have you gotten a response to the email you sent accepting your place? I'm terrified my email hasn't sent properly...

When did you get your phone call Genuinely???

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Younganddumb

Anyone know if all the people that have been accepted have been told?? I still havnt heard anything...is it anything to do with being late on in the group assesments/interview/medical??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Smurf8

Anyone know if all the people that have been accepted have been told?? I still havnt heard anything...is it anything to do with being late on in the group assesments/interview/medical??

I reckon all offers have gone out and they are just waiting for confirmation now and will plug the gaps (if any) with the reserve panel, I'm a bit gutted to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CCCP1

Anyone else yet to hear anything back? Can we expect to hear today?

CCCP1 wrote: »
    Anyone else yet to hear anything back? Can we expect to hear today?

Probably just a mail with our panel position I'd say :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CCCP1

Hard to know it seems a lot of people on here have yet to hear back. With 20 places to be filled and only 30 at medical i would have expected more people on here to have heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Younganddumb

CCCP1 wrote: »
    Hard to know it seems a lot of people on here have yet to hear back. With 20 places to be filled and only 30 at medical i would have expected more people on here to have heard!

I agree..that 30 people cauld b reduced too (
    -2 for equatation,-2/3 fails) could b as low as 24/25!
    Could they be realising the acceptences in batches??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I wouldn't be too fatalistic about not hearing anything yet lads, there were 12-14 to go for further medical examinations, 2/3 for equitation and then 4-5 fails from the medical. They could still be processing stuff from last week and only those who outright passed the medical heard back so far.

No offence to Genuinely or ryanvan but I'm always a bit suspicious when I see claims of success from accounts with only one post and no follow-up. If they are legit then congrats for getting through to be sure, if they're not, well how fellas get their jollies trolling others is something I will never understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dh89

Is it a case of where all of the cadetships regardless of army navy or aircorps are offered at once? I would presume since the COS has to send it out and each one has to be approved. Im waiting on the navy and if ye think ye army fellas have it bad Ive been sitting waiting for over a month its a killer like, does anyone have any indication on timline etc.? Cheers and best of luck to people still waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Normally Cadetships are offered round the same time as CAO offers. Surprised it is taking as long as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jeninky

I got my phone call last Thursday with an offer and had to confirm by 4pm today :):)
    I got offered equitation and there was only 2 of us left for it so perhaps that's why we we got calls early ?
    Hope this helps,
    Best of luck!

Does anyone reckon if I rang the competitions section they would clear this up as to if all offers have gone out or if its in batches etc or would they just blank me as the competition is still "on-going".

I just need to know as its "a long shot at this stage that if, i get a offer" I'll need at least a months notice for my current job and we are eating into that now day by day!

Wishful thinking i know!:confused:

Smurf8 wrote: »
    Does anyone reckon if I rang the competitions section

Can do no harm I suppose, you could contact the Leftenant who's been emailing us throughout the course if the competition, her number is at the bottom of most of the emails.

KF

Got joining instructions....getting very real now

The rejection emails are being sent out today and tomorrow from what I've been told by the competitions section when I rang today. Has anyone been unlucky enough to get one??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 zombie3

My boyfriend applied for the irish navy last year but only got as far as the interview and was put on the medical reserve list.
    Earlier on this year he got an email consulting whether he still had an interest in the naval service, which he did, and emailed back.
    In mid August he was offered the medical and fitness again and completed both.
    He still hasn't heard anything back after emailing one of the officers to ask when he would be notified, but he got no reply.
    Can anyone PLEASE tell me if all offers are out now for the navy recruits? Does this mean he hasn't gotten through?
    PLEASE reply.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

zombie3 wrote: »
    My boyfriend applied for the irish navy last year but only got as far as the interview and was put on the medical reserve list.
    Earlier on this year he got an email consulting whether he still had an interest in the naval service, which he did, and emailed back.
    In mid August he was offered the medical and fitness again and completed both.
    He still hasn't heard anything back after emailing one of the officers to ask when he would be notified, but he got no reply.
    Can anyone PLEASE tell me if all offers are out now for the navy recruits? Does this mean he hasn't gotten through?
    PLEASE reply.
    Thanks.

You sure it was the cadets competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 zombie3

Genuinely wrote: »
    You sure it was the cadets competition?

nope not sure I was just wondering could anyone tell me if he still has a chance im pretty sure he applied for the recruits, sorry if its irrelevant just wanted an outside opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

that was for general enlistment, look at the thread on permanent defence force recruitment questions

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056577304

zombie3 wrote: »
    nope not sure I was just wondering could anyone tell me if he still has a chance im pretty sure he applied for the recruits, sorry if its irrelevant just wanted an outside opinion.

Wrong competition!! But from what I know he won't know about the recruits competition until October so he doesn't need to stress!!

Anyone hear anything since??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Brother got word yesterday he's on the reserve panel, gutted for him. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

What is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

If someone drops out in the first few weeks of training, they may be called.

Did he get a number or position on the reserve panel or anything??

• Advertisement

If someone drops out in the first few weeks of training, they may be called.

Thanks Goldie Fish, if you were between 1-5 in the list what chance do you recon you have of getting called up?? Just from prior experience? Cheers

KF

Advertisement