Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetships 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Sgt Major's are officers now? :P:P

The officer will most likely send you to the Sergeant Major anyway. You would be better off cutting out the middle man completely and go direct to the main man. Usually to be found at the corner of the square waiting for questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 banbatoyota

I'm on tomorrow, went for light jog today in the midday sun and found it quite intense and my t-shirt was stuck to me, fairly distracting.

However my only tank top has the words 'I Fear No Beer' written on it in bold, with some crushed cans for effect.

Do any of you foresee any problems here?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Think it was probably about two we did the run, so it'll be close enough to the hottest part of the day. Get plenty water into you, stretch out well, then mill at it. Whatever you wear is going to be stuck to you, so finish quickly and then catch your breath in the shade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I'm on tomorrow, went for light jog today in the midday sun and found it quite intense and my t-shirt was stuck to me, fairly distracting.

However my only tank top has the words 'I Fear No Beer' written on it in bold, with some crushed cans for effect.

Do any of you foresee any problems here?

Ah please wear that top!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭optimus125

Suits to psychometric testing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Podge Kelly

optimus125 wrote: »
    Suits to psychometric testing?

I don't want to be that clown who wears shorts tomorrow. Opting for shirt tie and slacks.. Looks better being the one over dressed then the only one under dressed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

No suits, just go casual. Most were wearing fat pants and trackies. And it's a mile and a half run, you're not gonna feckin die! It's not a big deal it's a ridiculously easy fitness test in fairness. Best of luck, it's a good experience

And anyone here doing the psychometric tests in Baldonnel in the morning? Another trek from Cork!
    Got email from the navy too this morning if anyone else is waiting on theirs. No dates given for overnight stay yet just a Garda vetting form to be returned to them

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭SplitCartridge

Anyone any idea of numbers yet?

Candidates taken to stage 3 and candidates that will be taken to stage 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭optimus125

And anyone here doing the psychometric tests in Baldonnel in the morning? Another trek from Cork!

Yep in for psychometric in the morning. Also think I'm gonna go for slightly more casual than a suit, considering we're gonna be sitting colouring in circles for 4 hours, with no one really paying any individual attention to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

Hi lads, having completed my online assessment and the assessment in Dublin, I have been invited to the medical, fitness and interview. However, I was reading the email and it says check eligibility etc, I only have a level 7 degree, I am also unsure if ifi have 3 honours c3 results in my l.c as I didn't do a great set of exams at the time.

When I applied, I input my results and my level 7 as per the websites drop down menu. I am just concerned as to weather I qualify or not.

On the other hand I'm thinking surely I haven't got this far if I don't!

Can anyone shed some light for me?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭madel

Gorman700 wrote: »
    Hi lads, having completed my online assessment and the assessment in Dublin, I have been invited to the medical, fitness and interview. However, I was reading the email and it says check eligibility etc, I only have a level 7 degree, I am also unsure if ifi have 3 honours c3 results in my l.c as I didn't do a great set of exams at the time.

When I applied, I input my results and my level 7 as per the websites drop down menu. I am just concerned as to weather I qualify or not.

On the other hand I'm thinking surely I haven't got this far if I don't!

Can anyone shed some light for me?

Thanks.

Do you have a third language?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Alan_007_

Anyone any idea of numbers yet?

Candidates taken to stage 3 and candidates that will be taken to stage 4?

From what we were told yesterday, 311 were taken on to stage 3, after the fitness test roughly 250 are left, and of these 100 will go forward to stage 4.

Alan_007_ wrote: »
    From what we were told yesterday, 311 were taken on to stage 3, after the fitness test roughly 250 are left, and of these 100 will go forward to stage 4.

Did they say when we'll know if we have gotten through?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Last part of the air corps psychometric is a tough bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tomato1988

madel wrote: »
    Did they say when we'll know if we have gotten through?

interviews are starting on monday so we'll know by friday

Do you have a third language?

No third language unfortunately. I'm just a little confused by the way they word the qualifications section, the "graduates" are only classed as so if they have a level 8 it seems, whereas the "school leavers" can get certain l.c results and qualify. Nothing apart from marine courses with regards to level 7?

I've read on this site chaps saying, a level 7 is fine you just won't get the bonus marks for having a level 8 etc.

Just by the wording of the DF it seems a so called school leaver or a level 8 or not at all. However, I've given all my results and qualifications and I've got to the medical, fitness, interview stage?

The mind boggles!!

Gorman700 wrote: »
    No third language unfortunately. I'm just a little confused by the way they word the qualifications section, the "graduates" are only classed as so if they have a level 8 it seems, whereas the "school leavers" can get certain l.c results and qualify. Nothing apart from marine courses with regards to level 7?

Someone on here can correct me if I'm wrong but the my interpretation of it is as follows: a minimum of D3 in ordinary or higher level in 6 LC subjects. English, Irish, Maths and a third language plus two other subjects.

If you do not have a third language you need a level 8 honours bacherlor degree plus four LC subjects, Maths and English or Irish.

All the degree means is that you don't need Irish or a third language. I'm unsure as to how stringent the initial selection was. I'd say its best to send them an email to clarify it.

Just to be clear, when you say medical, fitness and interview you are referring to the overnight stay in kildare?

Someone on here can correct me if I'm wrong but the my interpretation of it is as follows: a minimum of D3 in ordinary or higher level in 6 LC subjects. English, Irish, Maths and a third language plus two other subjects.

If you do not have a third language you need a level 8 honours bacherlor degree plus four LC subjects, Maths and English or Irish.

All the degree means is that you don't need Irish or a third language. I'm unsure as to how stringent the initial selection was. I'd say its best to send them an email to clarify it.

Just to be clear, when you say medical, fitness and interview you are referring to the overnight stay in kildare?

Overnight in haulbowline. It's for the Naval cadets. I have a third language in my l.c, French. I thought the person who replied meant to I speak another language.

You should be grand so. You fulfill the minimum requirements, your L.C has you covered for it so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

has anyone been given an interview date yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 DIT Airsoft Soc

WilcoOut wrote: »

We Were told on Wednesday that we will find out tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

The people who have been given interview dates have gotten them today by phone. Rejection letters should arrive tomorrow.

...lol jk I dunno, just winding yous up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chopper2013

Does anyone know how many candidates will be taken to the next stage (air corps)? I sat the psychometric test on Tuesday and I think it went ok but I'm a bit worried seen as the majority seemed to be graduates...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tomato1988

Does anyone know how many candidates will be taken to the next stage (air corps)? I sat the psychometric test on Tuesday and I think it went ok but I'm a bit worried seen as the majority seemed to be graduates...

the bonus % wont come into it until the very end

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Alan_007_

WilcoOut wrote: »

Got mine for next Tuesday.

Got mine - next Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DIT Airsoft Soc

Email, Ring, carrier pigeon ?

Also, for Army, Navy or Air Corps?

Army and by email.

All Army correspondence will be by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CCCP1

i got an email there, i am in next thursday.

does anybody know if we all have a score in the process so far or does everyone go into the final interview on a level footing now and it will just come down to that?

• Advertisement

You've been scored since Group Assessment and Psychometric Test.

I was unsuccessful last year after the interview and with my feedback I got a detailed break down of all how I did in all the major competency areas as well as the score the officer assessing me in the GA gave.

Advertisement