Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetships 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tomato1988

Anyone heard anything from army? Still waiting. It's killing me here.

last interviews were only today. it'll be wednesday at the earliest so we were told. painful wait alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jeninky

Anyone hear anything yet? Had my interview the 30th, was fairly happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭optimus125

jeninky wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything yet? Had my interview the 30th, was fairly happy with it.

For which?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭madel

It'll probably be tomorrow lads

I'm in for equitation and army

• Advertisement

Air Corps was supposed to be yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

optimus125 wrote: »
    Air Corps was supposed to be yesterday.

Air Corps medicals were on today.

Haha, good luck having anyone believe that, you annoying child.

No, seriously. Emails went out Thursday, ten did medicals today in St. Bricins. Air Corps only though.

No, seriously. Emails went out Thursday, ten did medicals today in St. Bricins. Air Corps only though.

Where's this info coming from?

Where's this info coming from?

I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

I was there.

Good enough for me.

What do they check in the medical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

I'm in for equitation and army

I'm pleased you made the distinction. Because there is nothing military about the showjumpers, apart from the colour of their uniform.

Shifty13 wrote: »
    Good enough for me.

What do they check in the medical?

Vision, hearing, lung capacity, blood pressure, teeth, ECG test and then all that along with the blood and urine samples given previously are signed off by the doctor (or not signed off :()

For anyone going for a medical, the only thing you can do to prepare is not listen to loud noises or music for a couple of days beforehand. Be prepared for a lot of waiting around and make sure you have some money, in case it takes eight hours and you have to get yourself some lunch. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Vision, hearing, lung capacity, blood pressure, teeth, ECG test and then all that along with the blood and urine samples given previously are signed off by the doctor (or not signed off :()

For anyone going for a medical, the only thing you can do to prepare is not listen to loud noises or music for a couple of days beforehand. Be prepared for a lot of waiting around and make sure you have some money, in case it takes eight hours and you have to get yourself some lunch. ;)

Thats grand. Passed them all before so should be golden. If i get there that is :(

Shifty13 wrote: »
    Thats grand. Passed them all before so should be golden. If i get there that is :(

Best of luck. :)

I'm pleased you made the distinction. Because there is nothing military about the showjumpers, apart from the colour of their uniform.

Equitation school cadets still do the 15months training exactly the same as the army cadets and you will find that the equitation school riders are all officers and go into the transport corps when finished their stint in McKee. They still do duty like every other officer and part-take in courses so I'd do your research before you make a comment like that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 92omahony

you obviously know little to nothing about the equitation school or the army.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Equitation school cadets still do the 15months training exactly the same as the army cadets and you will find that the equitation school riders are all officers and go into the transport corps when finished their stint in McKee. They still do duty like every other officer and part-take in courses so I'd do your research before you make a comment like that again.

Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NewSigGuy

You might need to check your facts..

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭SplitCartridge

Nonsense.

Its not actually. Are you or were you ever in any part of the PDF?

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard yet either way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭madel

Has anyone heard yet either way?

Got email yesterday! I'm out of the competition for the army. Best of luck to the lads that are left!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tomato1988

madel wrote: »
    Got email yesterday! I'm out of the competition for the army. Best of luck to the lads that are left!
    me too. delighted to have gotten this far on my first time applying. good luck to all who are left

Just a bit of advice for people, check your junk/ spam mail boxes ! Found my email in there after an agonizing wait !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone who did the medical Thurs/Friday know how many roughly got knocked out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Younganddumb

I did the medical on Monday and left halfway through and there had been one fail at that stage..I was temp unfit due to my ecg, having MAJOR hassle getting appointments at such short notice to get it sorted. Just wondering does any of the "Monday people" know how many failed in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CCCP1

Is it the case that those in for Medicals on Thursday and Friday are likely to be the top scoring candidates, with Mondays being the reserve list. Or is it completely random?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Not sure tbh, I assumed that you got called for the medical based on when you did the interview, so those who did it earlier got called earlier, same as they did with the group assessment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Yo, civvies, if you're disagreeing with goldie fish, then you are probably wrong. There is nothing military about equitation. Sincerely, discus (serving soldier)

Advertisement