Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Ship [TNT - US]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Decent episode last night, I would say best of this series so far, back on the high seas, lots of action, the gun that could shoot around a corner was the highlight for me :D

This looks like the gun...

i thought the introduction of the sub a lot more interesting,

yeah the corner shots been around for years, they had some kind of full auto gun on it,

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Brían F. O'Byrne playing the "boss"? At least that's who I assume he playing .... Nice. :)

Great episode. I like the new Aussie Wolf character. A bit of a badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I was hoping it was russian sub there at the end. Oh well. Good action sequences but the scenes between Wolf, Tex and the Israeli was just so cliched. Still best episode of the season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mr E wrote: »
    Brían F. O'Byrne playing the "boss"? At least that's who I assume he playing .... Nice. :)

I didn't even realise Brían was in this weeks episode, he plays the accent good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

enjoyable ep, thankfully the band of hippies arent the "real" bad guys.

My guess is sub goes rogue..

Tie up between them and the russians for the mid-season finale, you heard it here first!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mr E wrote: »

i must watch the end of the episode again. never copped it was the cig from Love/hate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

Back on form in a big way this week! Good to see that the baddies are not the crazy cult, at least not the main ones anyway. I'm liking the new characters too. Actually even though we're now at episode 3 or 4, it actually felt like a proper season openener. I guess they had to take some time to deal with the fallout from last season and set up a new premise now. Great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i must watch the end of the episode again. never copped it was the cig from Love/hate

he was in at the start on the sub when everyone is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was a very good episode good old fashioned cat and mouse with the sub.

M

Brían F. O'Byrne could get a part on Eastenders if he wants it, his accent is that good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I was hoping it was russian sub there at the end.

Did no one see the start of the episode, where the two boys were the only survivors on an obviously British submarine?

Anyway, good return to the seas again. I was worried that the last ship would start to leave the ship behind. With the Russians from the last season out of the way, they needed to introduce a new enemy. A submarine should do nicely.

Very busy episode, a lot happened. Some of the best directed TV action scenes in recent memory too. This is shaping up to be a really great season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That was excellent. Great action scenes and moving the story along nicely. Just keeps getting better.

good action sequences and tension but really it was way too easy for them. Infiltrated the enemy with no casualties and managed to kidnap their two most important people. For once I'd like them to kill one of the named navy personnel.

Another great episode this week. No action but a fantastic scene between the Captain and President.

Yeah agreed. They do action well, they do drama well. Can't wait to see where this goes.

I love this show so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

renewed for season 3, easiest decision made by anyone today :)

http://tvline.com/2015/08/11/last-ship-renewed-season-3-tnt/

tumblr_m43fenS4rJ1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Just binged my way through season 1. How did I miss this last year. Fantastic show.

• Advertisement

Another solid episode this week. Great news to hear it's been renewed as well. :)

Great show and I'm delighted it's renewed. Anything else would have been criminal.

Having the president on board now who's a low ranking surviving member of the former administration is kind of reminding me of BSG :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

And with that I am not up to date! I am not a fan of John Pyper-Ferguson in Suits, but what a fantastic character in The Last Ship.

That was a serious binge watch...maybe I will go outside....take a walk about.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Renewed!!!!!!

Whoop whoop whoop!!!!!!!!

Lovin this show ;)

Another great episode and what a great way to make the Nathan James look like the bad guys.

Also loved the moral dilemma and conflict over the death of
    Niels
    and where that will lead.

It really is turning into something more than just a summer action series.

Also nice bit of trivia Mario Van Peebles directed this episode. New Jack City.

M

Only 3 more episodes to go, next weeks preview looks full of action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Great episode, this season is turning out very well, looking forward to the final cat and mouse chase with the sub.

thought it was bit ridiculous. A mass murderer dies and they hold up the work on a cure for a world wide infection with a stupid investigation. The most important doctor and they detain her. The idea that the crew would were conficted also made no sense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

good stuff with religious nuts, painful stuff with the doc

• Advertisement

While I get the the whole annoyance of holding up the work on the cure with the doc, I get the point of it also. Society has broken down and they're right, it's not really acceptable for anyone to kill who they want. They also have the President on board now and I really think that they also have to be seen to be going by the book because of that.

Did the ship sustain much damage in that blast? I'm hoping they don't do a ST:Voyager and have the ship all patched up and perfect again next week.

I'm really getting BSG vibes from the show now. They've really turned this puppy around and made it ionto a fully fledged show. If this was on the Autumn schedule it'd be a highlight let alone standing well above most offerings on the Summer Schedule.

Advertisement