Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Ship [TNT - US]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

smcgiff wrote: »
    Bit too ER for my liking this week. Not enough Ruskies.
    cant see how we'll see the ruskies again this season, took 3-4 episodes to repair what was done the first time, gonna take a season or two for the damage done last week, nevermind that patient zero was roaming the ship also,

decent episode though, nice to see how the infected are being treated on the mainland, and see how some are surviving, though chandlers wife is a bit of an idiot,

it would be great to see the wide repercussions of the virus, but see as the show is called the last SHIP, i dunno how much theyd wanna take attention away from the ship itself,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

They had to have that episode didnt they? They could have just declared they had a cure and gone ahead but we'd have been critical. SO they needed an "ER" episode.

It looks like its headed towards "walking dead" territory as they head back to the US and deal with domestic issues with local war lords.

Definitely more 'splosions but it would be a shame if they lose the ship-centric plot and spend ore time ashore.

as long as they get the balance right between the ship an mainland theyll be fine, i just hope they dont do something stupid like loose the cure for some reason or other, and have to fight to get it back 5 or 6 times,

they now have the cure so season 2 should be dealing with mass producing it, and 3 getting it distributed, 4 cleaning up after, and 5 back to normal life,

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Season finale next week - it will all go horribly horribly wrong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

it turning into the walking dead

---

thats what you get for signing up to the navy after 9/11, death!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I guess they had to have the doctor find the cure to prove she was badass enough to be on the ship. Perhaps the Russians will reappear and be the cause of them losing this cure?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

I found this week a bit slow. but it was the first one so far I've really kind of zoned out on so that's not too bad actually. The main reason though was because I knew they'd have an 11th hour breakthrough and nobody was really going to die. It's just that kind of show! Lo and behold 35 minutes or so in the doctor has a breakthrough to save them all!

Because of zoning out I missed a lot of the detail on land but Walking Dead sprung to mind for me as well and I'm not quite as interested in that as I am in the guys sailing round encountering bad guys and blowing them up! I know they have to widen the storyline a bit but hopefully they'll still remember the show is called The Last Ship!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Meh, at least they have the cure now but we can all see what the season finale cliffhanger is going to be about, Chandler finding out his muppet missus has infected his Dad and his kids, cue race against time to get them the cure.

Anyone else think the appearence of Titus Welliver is a prelude ot what Season 2 will be about? I smell a bit of the Governor alá the Walking Dead, off him, wouldn't be surprised if he has a compound somewhere, heavily defended etc.

I'm hoping for a balls to the wall battle in the final episode, but with the Ruskies dead in the water, I don't really see it happening...

KT10 wrote: »
    Meh, at least they have the cure now but we can all see what the season finale cliffhanger is going to be about, Chandler finding out his muppet missus has infected his Dad and his kids, cue race against time to get them the cure.

Anyone else think the appearence of Titus Welliver is a prelude ot what Season 2 will be about? I smell a bit of the Governor alá the Walking Dead, off him, wouldn't be surprised if he has a compound somewhere, heavily defended etc.

I'm hoping for a balls to the wall battle in the final episode, but with the Ruskies dead in the water, I don't really see it happening...

didnt even realise it was him, he has his own show starting on amazon in 2015 so how much hell be involved in season 2 will be tied to how successful the other show will be, always like seeing him,

i dont mine if they move to land, maybe 60/40 in favor of the sea even 70/30 would be better, but at the same time its not the last ship, cause the russians had one too;):p:D:D

i wonder if well even see the russians again, with patient zero running around the ship hell probably have the whole crew wiped out within a week, unless the cure worked on yerman they shoved in with him, they better address that next week, before they wrap up,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

squonk wrote: »
    I found this week a bit slow. but it was the first one so far I've really kind of zoned out on so that's not too bad actually. The main reason though was because I knew they'd have an 11th hour breakthrough and nobody was really going to die. ...

apart from the woman who did

• Advertisement

Did one die? God I really zoned out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

don ramo wrote: »
    i wonder if well even see the russians again, with patient zero running around the ship hell probably have the whole crew wiped out within a week, unless the cure worked on yerman they shoved in with him, they better address that next week, before they wrap up,

Its looked like that was a pretty conclusive end to the ruskies wasnt it?

I thought seeing Patient zero seen amongst the crew was just to confirm the russians are totally finished.

Or maybe he's going to show up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I actually really liked this episode. I might be in the minority though!! I knew it was going to end with everything being ok but I suppose we didn't know they'd also get the cure (not just a vaccine), which is a game changer.

I was thinking are they going to kill off the captains wife to make way for rhim and the Dr? You can figure out the Da is going to make contact on the radio but I wonder will the race be to save him and the kids but the wife has gone too far?, conveniently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Ah so
    they're going down the Revolution (RIP) route
    . Very interesting finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is getting very interesting now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

wont get to this for a few days, can someone spoiler what happened in the finale?

wont get to this for a few days, can someone spoiler what happened in the finale?

You want spoilers or you want everything tagged as one? :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

P_1 wrote: »
    You want spoilers or you want everything tagged as one? :pac:

write what happened and then stick spoiler tags on it so it doesnt ruin it for everyone!

write what happened and then stick spoiler tags on it so it doesnt ruin it for everyone!
    The Captain's wife catches the virus and ends up dying from it

They make contact with supposedly the surviving government in Baltimore

This surviving government is in an insurgency type war with what they term as warlords

A few heads from the ship go ashore to the surviving government who just happen to have set up shop in a swanky corporate HQ like building that comes complete with a fancy lab and it turns out that the head of this surviving government just happens to be the black lesbian crewmember's mother

Low and behold the doctor discovers something wrong with the treatment they're giving victims on the ground

They've set up 'safe' and 'infected' zones on the ground

Turns out that the 'infected' are actually folk of a lower socio-economic class and they're being killed while folk of more desirable socio-economic classes are being kept safe and in a more gruesome twist the bodies of the dead are being used to generate electricity for the surviving government HQ

The captain saves his dad and two kids from one of the 'infected' zones, Tex goes off on his own with an M16 and the Maryland State Police have seized control of the ship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Why not just not read the thread until you watch it? It's not if you'd understand the posts anyway if they were spoiler tagged so what would be the point? :)

Anyway, I won't spoil it for you ;) it was an excellent finale. They took the show on a very interesting direction and I will definitely be back for season 2! Turning out to be a damn good show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Loved the last episode, great twist, wasn't expecting it, looking forward to Season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Good but fairly predictable finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sky 1 has picked up

really looking forward to season 2 now, i was surprised they killed his wife, i thought maybe his father might die if any of them, i thought they would have made contact with more of the crews families, but only so much you can pack into one episode i suppose,

i wonder what the plan for season 2 is now, is gonna still be sea based of are they gonna focus more of the struggles on the mainland, surely mass production of the cure is what is needed, so i cant see how they can do that on the boat, its gonna be really interesting to see where the show goes from here,

and that clapping was cringe worthy

Great finale! As far as I'm concerned, we've all had a night to watch the show now so if you're worried about spoilers in this post, don't read on and get the hell out of the thread now.

Good to see the Captain's family saved. The wife was an idiot so was no loss. Very interesting twist with the survivors in Baltimore. Incidentally, I love the way the show is shot. The external sea shots always looks like they were done on a frosty morning by the standards of Irish weather. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here. Presumably now they can pick up supplies of fuel and, he he, ammo? I'd imagine they'll defeat the government forces early next season but end up going back to sea again to find somewhere else with facilities for mass producing the cure. Who knows! Burning the bodies in the power station was a dark twist.

Great show all round! I'll definitely be reinlisting for season 2!

Cheers P_1, looks like a decent end of series if a bit predictable but this is now a better series for me than Falling skies

Cheers P_1, looks like a decent end of series if a bit predictable but this is now a better series for me than Falling skies

Watching the test card is better than Falling Skies at this point! The Last Ship is one of the most entertaining shows on TV right now. Miles removed from FS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I slagged the sh1te out of this at the start, and throughout, but they did finish strong.

I can't see how a single lad with a 9mm can take control of a warship. I can imagine a number of episodes next season set in Baltimore as they have invested in bringing in new characters.

The special forces lad being out on the loose will be good to see how he gets on.

Didn't give a crap about the captains wife. Sure we only saw her a couple of times all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Peace wrote: »
    I can't see how a single lad with a 9mm can take control of a warship. ...

I think the police lieutenant said that there were other police officers on the ship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watched it there now.. very strong finish. Didn't see the twist coming myself.

One of the best shows this year IMO. Does exactly what it promises.

Advertisement