Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Ship [TNT - US]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just watched it, similar sentiments to everyone else, pretty damn impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 85,124 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on Sky 1 on Friday September 12th at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Still find it hard to believe a few state police taking over the ship like that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just binge watched all of this. Nothing much to add, other than this is basically a 10 hour Michael Bay film. Bring on Season 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Hi,

I'm only on episode 7 (so no spoilers please ;) - I didn't think much of the characters at first but the show has grown on me ).

The helicopter made an appearance this episode for the first time since Episode 1.

I just want to confirm something - it is stored inside the ship and it's absence has not been a continuity error, yes?

I saw the first episode a lot earlier in the year and with the helicopter "missing" I had it in my head that it was destroyed.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Hi,

I'm only on episode 7 (so no spoilers please ;) - I didn't think much of the characters at first but the show has grown on me ).

The helicopter made an appearance this episode for the first time since Episode 1.

I just want to confirm something - it is stored inside the ship and it's absence has not been a continuity error, yes?

I saw the first episode a lot earlier in the year and with the helicopter "missing" I had it in my head that it was destroyed.

Cheers.

Yeah, those later Arleigh Burke destroyers have two Hangers for helis situated in front of the flight deck.
    I think one of the hangers was used in one of the episodes for filming some scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Someone brought it up on the reddit the other day, those class of ships have 2 hangers, much bigger ship than you'd think.
    29fxiqa.jpg
    Hi,

Cheers.

In the hanger. We chatted about when we watched it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

In the hanger. We chatted about when we watched it too.
    Yeah, those later Arleigh Burke destroyers have two Hangers for helis situated in front of the flight deck.
    I think one of the hangers was used in one of the episodes for filming some scenes.

Thank you both ;)

Season 2 Trailer.

The show returns on Sunday, June 21 with a two hour opener.

Season 2 Trailer.

The show returns on Sunday, June 21 with a two hour opener.

About time. Looks good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Excellent stuff. Really enjoyed this last year. Hopefully it keeps up the pace/standard

1233291238580934247.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

You are all forgetting one thing.

You are all forgetting one thing.

They have the cure?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭cobham

Will it be on our tellies this summer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just after binge watching, and for all is plot holes - its an entertaining show and really cant be taken for anything more serious. Looking forward to the battles next season

Back tonight Stateside.

• Advertisement

Double episode.

Not really sure where they will go with now story wise really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

I get the feeling she was only one arm of avocet. Like the look of the new enemy from the ep3 promo.

Was the the highlander I spied in the promo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

This season is severely lacking comically evil Russians. Sure the first two episodes had action but the antagonists were pretty pathetic. Female Obama just didn't cut it for me. If they have the cure now is the whole plot now to distribute it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

The annals of war present no more intense, heart-shaking shock than that battle, in which the qualities of the United States Navy and the American race shone forth in splendor. The bravery and self-devotion of the American sailors and the nerve and skill of their leaders was the foundation of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Big clear out of main characters for a first season episode I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

Aside from comically evil Russians I also felt there was a distinct lack of blowing shít up as well. I enjoyed the two episodes though. I'm not sure where they're going to go now. I want the Nathan James to go back to sea! I need more scenes like the guy with the heavy machine gun blowing the helicopter out of the sky! :) I'm just hoping they keep up the swashbuckling attitude they established in Season 1. The initial plot was ridiculous and the whole premise of the show seemed to be "Hooray for the Navy" and "Let's blow things up spectacularly".I just hope now that they haven't thought they need a plot also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I really loved season 1 and have watched it several times. However, I fear, similar to Prison Break, which became sh1t once they had broken out of the prison, that once they are no-longer alone floating about on the sea, things will also go downhill for the show.

Grannerson was introduced as the new leader of America, but she was basically a very small time local dictator in Baltimore. Presumeably there are other dictators and abusers of human rights which the Nathan James can go and aid, but is that going to be it? Captain Chandler said they are going to look for the family of the crew, but, unless that destroyer has wheels we havn't seen yet, thats going to be difficult in a boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The third episode was actionless but didn't suffer because of it. Some good character development, and it looks like they are back on the water next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

yeah was a good enough episode. Gave a good excuse to get rid of the captains kids. Hope they don't introduce the religious guys as the bad guys- they look pretty pathetic. also their Oirish leader is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Decent episode last night, I would say best of this series so far, back on the high seas, lots of action, the gun that could shoot around a corner was the highlight for me :D

This looks like the gun...

Advertisement