Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Ship [TNT - US]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

it looks the the torpedo exploded just away from the ship, they'd no hull breach anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

squonk wrote: »
    While I get the the whole annoyance of holding up the work on the cure with the doc, I get the point of it also. Society has broken down and they're right, it's not really acceptable for anyone to kill who they want. They also have the President on board now and I really think that they also have to be seen to be going by the book because of that.

Did the ship sustain much damage in that blast? I'm hoping they don't do a ST:Voyager and have the ship all patched up and perfect again next week.

I'm really getting BSG vibes from the show now. They've really turned this puppy around and made it ionto a fully fledged show. If this was on the Autumn schedule it'd be a highlight let alone standing well above most offerings on the Summer Schedule.

Yeah really getting a BSG vibe to it too. though in BSG in this scenario I would guess that the president and admiral would have disagreed on what to do with the doctor (though not sure who would be on either side). I gues Niels was cute enough that he always let on that he was not deliberately infecting people but i think if they ever find out that Niels gave the submarine the co-ordinates of the secret labs the crew would be less conflicted on him being murdered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

thought it was bit ridiculous. A mass murderer dies and they hold up the work on a cure for a world wide infection with a stupid investigation. The most important doctor and they detain her. The idea that the crew would were conficted also made no sense.

This episode annoyed me. It was all a bit self righteous with the captain struggling with his feelings and all the killing that has been done this season. Chandler should be on his knees kissing the brass ring for what the doctor has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

This episode annoyed me. It was all a bit self righteous with the captain struggling with his feelings and all the killing that has been done this season. Chandler should be on his knees kissing the brass ring for what the doctor has done.

When this launched last year, I remember reading how much input the USN had in the making of it, providing the ship etc, mockups of the command centre, comms room, Bridge and other sets.

It struck me that the whole series was a recruiting tool for them. It's no surprise then that the episode played out the way it did, Good honest, all american naval heroes doing the right thing even if the world is breaking down all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I likd the idea of Bluetooth forming a network with the phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

How did the baddies destroy whole NEW ORLEANS fleet in like 10 seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Keplar240B wrote: »
    How did the baddies destroy whole NEW ORLEANS fleet in like 10 seconds?

I presume they set charges using frogmen on all the ships and then set them off remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I presume they set charges using frogmen on all the ships and then set them off remotely.

Great scene, caught me off guard, they just can't seem to catch a break can they?

I was initially sceptical of the Sean Ramsey villian, didn't think he had the chops to do much damage, after seeing the fleet go up, I've reconsidered my opinion.

I was mentally screaming at the Doc to tell Chandler to go f*ck himself though. :pac:

M

Good episode this week, lots of action, some surprise casualties.

2 episodes left, not sure how it will wrap up. Any word on a 3rd series?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Good episode this week, lots of action, some surprise casualties.

2 episodes left, not sure how it will wrap up. Any word on a 3rd series?
    got renewed a few weeks back,

yeah great episode, surprised they killed one or two well liked characters, and 2 red shirts,

id say theyll finally get the presidents message out next week, yerone can probably access the network from the ship, so they can broadcast onboard,

i wonder if the british will survive the season, must say theyve been great bad guys,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hard not to be moved by that episode. Top notch stuff.

I definitely saw one of those deaths coming. They have to nip any potential romance in the bud. No fraternization in the navy, and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

necrophilia is still possible though

Skerries wrote: »
    necrophilia is still possible though

If they go down that route then there is an unlimited supply of potential partners. The Captain can even get back with his wife!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I likd the idea of Bluetooth forming a network with the phones.

Its called mesh networking. It does actually exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A great cat and mouse episode.

Loved that final scene.

M

Great episode. One more to go this season.
    I hope somehow Ramsey survives and gets hold of another sub for next season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well that was excellent! :)

Pity this show wasn't the Last Sub. Would really think that the back story of the British contingent was much more interesting. Wonder who they will have as the enemy next year- perhaps the Chinese?

Pity this show wasn't the Last Sub. Would really think that the back story of the British contingent was much more interesting. Wonder who they will have as the enemy next year- perhaps the Chinese?

There is a story there alright about how Ramsey went from command of the sub with his brother to how they managed to build a pretty extensive network of Immunes and what he may have done in Europe before turning his sights on the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,267 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you are assuming that Ramsey is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ramsey is still alive and going to be out for blood. He'll take out someone important in the finale... just a guess (not a spoiler!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Mr E wrote: »
    Ramsey is still alive and going to be out for blood. He'll take out someone important in the finale... just a guess (not a spoiler!)
    I suspect this is the case too. :(
    We were shown these Escape Breathing Devices several times:
    360879.jpg
    ...and the Chekhov's Gun principle clearly states that "every element in a narrative to be irreplaceable, with anything else removed"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

decent ending, given the ship is for the most part in one piece i expect them to do enough of a repair to get it running again for the next season

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Nice coffin for Ramsey!

This better be a good season finale. I'm in the U.S. at the moment and have convinced my family I have to see this.

WOW!!! No spoiler but some may be disappointed!!!

Some might say it was an anti climax episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A by the numbers season finale that felt more like a series finale right to the end then bang oh we got renewed we need something for next season.

Very much so.

• Advertisement

Yea, bit of a let down after last week, but I kinda expected as much. I'll forgive it an average finalé given the season they delivered which was pretty damn good overall IMO :)

Advertisement