Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Zetterberg doesn't want to talk to Pierre McGuire after the game.

zetterbergdenies.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Still livid about that call even though we won. The officiating in this series has been a disgrace with terrible for and against and non calls for both teams. Think I need a drink after that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

So people, who are you going for in this? I think Chicago tonight and Chicago in 7. The Kings don't concede goals, lowest GA if I read things correctly, so this is going to be tough stuff for the B'hawk but they will get through, just.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

I think im going to go for kings to retain the west in 6, they're going to find there scoring touch sometime soon! Going to be a good series!

In the east ill go for the pens in 6 as well, think they will have too much for the bruins...

Kings outshot 17 - 2 in that period but lead 1-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭zagro

Chicago 4:1 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Deserved lead for the Blackhawks. The Kings are gonna need to do something special to turn this game back around.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Deserved lead for the Blackhawks. The Kings are gonna need to do something special to turn this game back around.

Up against it big time, aren't they. It is like the Hawks are on a constant power play. I think the Kings need to up things in terms of physicality.

Yeah I think so, the Hawks are all over them like a rash. They are so dominant in this game that's its hard to look at how the Kings can get anything out of this series unless there is a major change.

I loved Hossa's tip in on the second, class finish.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Here we go. Bruins v Penguins. This is going to be EPIC !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

So I know it's a little late but I got:
    Bruins in 7
    and
    Kings in 6

really enjoying the Pens-Bruins game, going to be a good series,
    looking forward to catch up on the WCF great match ups overall to be fair

Great game last night, full of action. I really don't know why Crosby got into all that messin about at the end of the second, brought back images of last year against the Flyers, and that is no good to the Penguins. They totally go off they're game when acting like that. But I was delighted with how the Bruins played. Rocky start to the game, but we grew into it and took our chances when they came.

I thought our PP was terrible the Penguins kept a high line which made it tough to gain entry to the offensive zone and trying to dump it in just wasn't working. But we got better and having Rask standing on his head was a huge bonus for us.

Excellent to take at least one of these games, and hopefully we can carry that into Monday and bring a 2-0 lead back to TD Garden.

Excellent to take at least one of these games, and hopefully we can carry that into Monday and bring a 2-0 lead back to TD Garden.

If you win the next one, I can't see the Pens beating you in this series.

I'm a little late to the party on this but my pre-series predictions were:

Blackhawks in six: Los Angeles hasn't been able to score in the playoffs averaging two goals per game. They don't play very well on the road, but are tough at home. The last two series were very physical and I think it's starting to take it's toll on the Kings players.

Boston in seven: The Pens have had an easy road to the Conference finals so far. The Islanders and an injury decimated Senators team. They haven't gone up against anyone that has been able to maintain a physical game for sixty minutes and play defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Not the best of starts to Game 2 for the Pens, with Crosby gifting Marchand a breakaway in the first 30 seconds which he duly scored. Aside from that, the Pens are the more physical team and are really out to hit hard. But no great scoring opportunities so far.

This one will get interesting, I feel. Could be a war.

Well holy sh1t, I don't think I could have wished for a better 1st period. Gotta feel for Vokoun though, he's not getting any help, and probably gonna be the same for Fleury.

I haven't seen the Pens play a whole lot this season, only a few games. But is it just me or are they trying so hard to put in the hits and try bash the Bruins, that they are just forgetting about doing the other, more important things.

Either way, hopefully we close this game out tonight without too much trouble, and go back to the Garden with a 2 game lead. Still not comfortable though, Pens got too much talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

I haven't seen the Pens play a whole lot this season, only a few games. But is it just me or are they trying so hard to put in the hits and try bash the Bruins, that they are just forgetting about doing the other, more important things.

Yeah it seems that way trying to beat up the 'Big bad bruins' and it's getting them away from their normal skilled game. Reminds me of how they played the Flyers last season trying to out muscle them and they seem to be trying it again.

It's as if they read all the stories that the Bruins are the more physical team on paper and they are trying to prove it wrong.

Believe me, that is not how the Penguins have played this season. I'm not understanding the gameplan here at all. Probably the only categories they're leading in are hits and giveaways. Awful hockey and this will be over in four if it doesn't change.

I feel sorry for Vokoun in a way, but he was just as bad as the skaters in front of him. Fleury too.

How many times have they had a stupid offside, skated into team-mates, fallen over and so on.

Tempted to head to bed...

Bruins have 1 giveaway. Crosby has 4.

I would be extremely embarrassed if I was a Penguins fan. This is not the team that was assembled at the trade deadline. This is the first true test that they have faced in the playoffs and they are failing miserably. We'll see what they are made of moving forward.

• Advertisement

Apparently 9 of the Bruins team are over 205lb, while the Pens have 16 players over that weight. I knew they were a big side, but not that big.

The Bruins need to keep pushing and forget about the score here, it's not too long ago we came from 3 down in the 3rd period, so no complacency.

This is not the team that was assembled at the trade deadline.

Unfortunately, it is. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but making that many changes to a roster that was already riding a huge winning streak is starting to look rather foolish. I'm done for tonight, and really not looking forward to Wednesday night. Huge change in approach needed.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it is. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but making that many changes to a roster that was already riding a huge winning streak is starting to look rather foolish. I'm done for tonight, and really not looking forward to Wednesday night. Huge change in approach needed.

Probably could have used a couple of D-men and a goaltender at the trade deadline.

Nothing is over until the Fat Lady sings.

Probably could have used a couple of D-men and a goaltender at the trade deadline.

Nothing is over until the Fat Lady sings.

They took Douglas Murray in late March, who had been impressive towards the end of the regular season. But I don't think anyone could have foreseen the series that Kris Letang is currently having. I was asleep by the time the 6th goal went in last night, but he was on the ice for 6 of the first 8 in the series.

As for goaltenders, I don't know who was available that might have been a better choice than Vokoun/Fleury at the time. I know you're not a fan of either, but through the first two rounds of the playoffs, Vokoun was leading the playoffs in GAA and had really taken over after another Fleury capitulation. The problems are far deeper than just in goals and defence though. 1 goal through 120 minutes of hockey won't get you very far.

Not over until the fat lady sings, but 4/11 for Boston to win two games from five (three at home) is looking like good value to me.

The Bruins lead 1-0 after one and it's more or less the same thing as before. If (massive if) the Penguins are to go on and win this series, they'll need to seriously grind out four victories, and it's just not something I can see them doing. I still reckon a sweep is most likely.

Much closer now. Penguins got a lot ofomentum of those consecutive PP's and it looked inevitable that they would score. Bruins looked to have lost their legs for a while, and will need to pick their effort back up in the 3rd period, and stop taking dumb penalties.

Much closer now. Penguins got a lot ofomentum of those consecutive PP's and it looked inevitable that they would score. Bruins looked to have lost their legs for a while, and will need to pick their effort back up in the 3rd period, and stop taking dumb penalties.

Bruins upcoming PP aside, this game is a 50/50. Could easily go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

Are the bruins going to bully their way to another cup? Kinda looking that way.
    Anyone know any bars that stay open long enough to show the games?
    I'm in Cork city.

sketchpad wrote: »
    Are the bruins going to bully their way to another cup? Kinda looking that way.
    Anyone know any bars that stay open long enough to show the games?
    I'm in Cork city.

I'm guessing that you haven't seen any of the series ? Boston, while playing physical, have been the 'skilled team' in this series.

• Advertisement

I'd agree with Rented Mule, it's the Penguins who have been the aggressive side in this series, they have some big bodies and have been using them to effect. It has been a very physical series, very tough on the players and I'd say there are some very sore bodies this morning, last night was an absolute bruiser.

The likes of Engyellend and Lucic have been all over each other, everyone knows Lucic is big and strong, but to me Engyellend has been the physical force, some of his hits have been bone crushing, and how the two of them haven't dropped the mitts I don't know. I guess the only reason is its the play offs and they don't want to take penalties, so they get on with it.

I gotta put a word in for Campbell, he took a shot from Malkin last night and stayed on for a minute on the PK in agony, and I'm hearing this morning he may have broken his leg, but no confirmation. I don't think the Bruins played well for large parts last night, but they stuck to it and ground it out in the end. The Penguins got some momentum in the second with the PP's but looked like they started to tire out In overtime. Vokoun was good for the Pen's after a nightmare start, when they all probably thought "not again", but credit to them, they kept at it.

Looking to close it out on Friday, just to not have to go back to Pittsburgh. It's been a great series though.

Advertisement