Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Even though i live in Canada now, is there any ice rinks in dublin that i could look into getting something started on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Didnt get to see this 1... but seen the disallowed goal for the hawks bit harsh I thought(like dustin penners earlier in the playoffs!) Dont know why it wasnt given after review either?!

Anybody see it and have more info?

They did review to see if it went in. The problem is that no one got a chance to see it from that camera angle until well after they called it a 'no goal'.

The stoppages in play did helped the Bruins as much as the 'no call'. They got several minutes to regroup themselves and played much better afterwards.

It's been an outstanding series so far. I think this one is going to go the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Too bad the games are so late. :/

GvidoR wrote: »
    Too bad the games are so late. :/

Be happy that they are all Eastern/Central time zone teams. Otherwise these games could have been starting two hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Be happy that they are all Eastern/Central time zone teams. Otherwise these games could have been starting two hours later.

The Stanley Cup finals always start at 8pm ET regardless of venue, and have done since at least the 04-05 lockout.

• Advertisement

It was a great game last night, there were two or three chances for Bruins to score while there was just 4 of them on the ice, anyway they did a good job and won again. :)

It was a great game last night, there were two or three chances for Bruins to score while there was just 4 of them on the ice, anyway they did a good job and won again. :)

I'm not quite sure if Boston was that good, or Chicago was that bad. I'm leaning towards the latter.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425780

QUENNEVILLE SAYS HOSSA LIKELY TO PLAY IN GAME 4

According to Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville, forward Marian Hossa is likely to play in Game 4 against the Boston Bruins.

Hossa was absent from the lineup in Chicago's 2-0 loss to the Bruins in Game 3. TSN Hockey analyst Aaron Ward reported on Tuesday that he believes Hossa's injury is neck-related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Chicago were awful last night. They have been so unimaginative on the Powerplays. Not taking many shots at all, if you don't shoot you can't score. Must win tomorrow night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Both sides are rubbish on the PP, the Bruins have been for a few years now at least. Anyway we score on the power play, it does be more of a shock than anything else. I enjoyed the game last night, but I think you could tell the two OT games had taken a lot out of the players. I think we will see a lot more intensity tomorrow night with the Hawks looking to steal one before heading back to home. The Bruins need to come out physical tomorrow, hit them hard and keep them off their game, whereas I think the Hwks will be hoping Hossa's is back, haven't heard much about his injury yet so not sure how he is, but he is a big player that the hawks need firing.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

This game is intense...i dont know if i can face overtime

The Hawks have been the better side tonight, but with the way this game has gone, I wouldn't be surprised to see it won in the first couple minutes of OT.

Hopefully by the Bruins.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

My insides hurt after that game. I would have felt better this morning had I gone on the beer like every other respectable Blackhawks fan.

Well you pulled out the win, and as much as I hate to say it, it was deserved. Back to Chicago now for a best of 3.

I don't know how much more my nerves can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭cena

Just a heads up Setanta sports 1 is free view this weekend, which means game five is free to watch. Looking forwarded to seeing a game

That is awesome news. I've been streaming the games up until now since they are blocked on Gamecentre, so be nice to watch it on the TV for once.

Your welcome enjoy the game. I know I well. It may even be added to my DVD collection

I have been watching all 4 games for free anyway.

I have been watching all 4 games for free anyway.

Yes by streaming I would guess. Big difference from watching small screen to big screen

cena wrote: »
    Yes by streaming I would guess. Big difference from watching small screen to big screen

You could always connect your computer to your TV. If you don't have the cable, you can get it for less than 10 euro anyway and watch it on your big screen.

• Advertisement

You could always connect your computer to your TV. If you don't have the cable, you can get it for less than 10 euro anyway and watch it on your big screen.

That is if your computer can do that. you would need a really good quality stream to do that

That is if your computer can do that. you would need a really good quality stream to do that

Any computer for the last few years can do it. Also, as long as it works fine on the computer, it will be exactly the same on the TV.

Any computer for the last few years can do it. Also, as long as it works fine on the computer, it will be exactly the same on the TV.

Mine doesn't have hdmi. the bros does

Mine doesn't have hdmi. the bros does

You don't need HDMI. VGA works just as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Had to double check it was hockey forum there...

anyway, massive game tonight, more so for chicago! Doubt it will be as high scoring as the last day! Missed the last couple of games so not missing this one!

On a side note torts prob new canucks head coach!

I've been watching in style on my new toy!

5c8cfd04c59d11e2b30422000aaa0585_7.jpg

what size is that t.v. Joe?

what size is that t.v. Joe?

It's a projector and screen. The screen is 10ft diagonally.

I have my PC plugged into TV, so stream to that. But in order for the stream to be fluid, gotta keep the image smaller cos if I expand to fill the stream, it jumps. Anyway, if ESPN got the rights again, I'd pay for it. It's just setanta's coverage aggravates me.

Nice setup Joe, moving into my new place at the end of July, it would be an idea to see if I can setup projector in the office.

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    It's a projector and screen. The screen is 10ft diagonally.

Nice Joe. Can we all come over next year for the finals:)

Advertisement