Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Watching the Bruins game tonight, but I see the Rangers have taken a lead against the Caps.

Yep, Boyle at the start of the period. Playing really well so far and unlucky not to be another one ahead. Caps had a surge towards then end of that period but I cant complain so far.

Have one eye on the Bruins game. Looks like a one goal game but lots of hits. Marchand in the middle of it all as usual. He'd pick a fight in a telephone box.

Edit : Massive goal for the leafs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

It's all Toronto, dunno how we are still level in this game.

Bozak with a shorthanded goal to take the lead. A bit more even in the 2nd.

1-1 at the end of the 2nd. Poor penalty by Boyle for the PP goal. Our PP is still dreadful. Richards and Nash are not in the game at all.

Penguins win 4-3, Orpik with the OT winner.

Penguins vs Senators in round two. Winners of BOS-TOR and NYR-WSH will meet in the other Eastern series.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

Pens - Sens match up should be a great series.
    Sens won't be able to go through the centre of the ice as easily as they did against Montreal, and the Pens won't be able to score as easily against Anderson as they did against Nabokov who was very poor most of the series and just as bad as Fleury at times from the games I have seen

• Advertisement

Massive game for the Rangers tonight. Win or bust. We folded in OT the other night and didn't deserve the win to be honest. Nash is looking completely out of sorts and I'm fairly certain that he is carrying some sort of knee injury. Richards is still in lockout mode and MDZ needs to start skating. That ridiculous penalty that Boyle gave away the other night which led to 1-1 still annoys me.

alanmcl12 wrote: »
    Pens - Sens match up should be a great series.
    Sens won't be able to go through the centre of the ice as easily as they did against Montreal, and the Pens won't be able to score as easily against Anderson as they did against Nabokov who was very poor most of the series and just as bad as Fleury at times from the games I have seen

Vokoun has filled in since Game 4 and has been impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Vokoun has filled in since Game 4 and has been impressive.

Considering the alternative, he looks like the second coming.

Rangers win 1-0 to take it to game 7. Great save by Henrik in the dying seconds when the Caps pulled Holtby. Gonna be a seriously tough game tomorrow night for the decider.

Oh btw, our PP is still dreadful. Can't score for love nor money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Cant wait for tomorrow evening, love to see the bruins ousted...

Way series is going(both teams 1-2 at home) its unpredictable to say the least...

I dont know if its my heart wanting the leafs to win but I think they can do it! Younger team should be fresher after no lag between games being the younger team! Plus reimer has been unreal the last couple of games! Hope pressure doesnt get to them!

West looks like its pretty much sorted now(barring a complete disaster 3rd from red wings) that'll make it

sj vs kings
    red wings vs hawks

• Advertisement

Leafs Bruins game has been seriously intense so far. 1-1 after the first. Will hopefully be getting to see the remainder of this and then the (hopefully) thrilling conclusion of the Caps and Rangers.

The Ottawa Pittsburgh series starts tomorrow night. Between this and work, I don't know where I'll squeeze the sleep in!

Great game Leafs and Bruins, unbelievable stuff, so much for getting up early for study tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Bruins game gone into OT...2 goals in the last 80 seconds for Bruins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Holy Moly, I think I found my new No.1 frustrating, health-averse team in the Leafs.

That game, wow! 4-1 down with little over 10 minutes to go, win 5-4.

And if I'm to put my arse on the bacon-slicer, my predictions are:

Chicago vs Minnesota - (Chicago in 5)
    Anaheim vs Detroit - (Anaheim in 5)
    Vancouver vs San Jose - (San Jose in 6)
    St. Louis vs LA - (St. Louis in 6)

Pittsburgh vs Islanders - (Pittsburgh in 7)
    Montreal vs Ottawa - (Montreal in 5)
    Washington vs Rangers - (Washington in 5)
    Boston vs Toronto - (Boston in 6)

Maybe if a few more get their predictions in before tomorrow night, we can have a mini predictions league?

(And finally, let it be said now that I will be posting like a lunatic on this thread over the next month and a half. Would be great if lots of others would join me!)

50% strike rate, and one series score correct. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭decies

When will bruins game be unlocked on NHL app folks !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

decies wrote: »

i think its 24hours after the game. you can watch the highlights on here..http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20122013,3,147&lang=en

24 to 48 hours you can watch either the 3 minute highlights as normal or go to the game vault and watch the condensed highlights in 10 minutes,
    don't know how they'll fit it all into 10 minutes though

Delighted with the Rangers performance and result last night. On to the next round.

For me it's :

Ottawa v Pittsburgh (Pens in 6)
    NY Rangers v Boston (Rangers in 6)
    San Jose v LA (LA in 7)
    Detroit v Chicago (Chicago in 6)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

That was one of the most intense nights of hockey I have ever seen. From the very lowest ebb to the ultimate high. At 4-1 down my heart was in the gutter, hadn't felt so bad since Philly ran us over a few years back. I'm so looking forward to the series against the Rangers now, another Original Six match up.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

That was one of the most intense nights of hockey I have ever seen. From the very lowest ebb to the ultimate high. At 4-1 down my heart was in the gutter, hadn't felt so bad since Philly ran us over a few years back. I'm so looking forward to the series against the Rangers now, another Original Six match up.

I switched over to it late in the 3rd when you were 4-2 down with only minutes to play. Couldn't believe it when you got the equaliser, Toronto must have been stunned. Some game, reminded me of our game 5 against the Caps last year for sheer drama. Hockey is the best sport in the world for this!

Can't wait for the series too, I think it is going to be an absolute belter.

Best match ups we could hope for I think and good start times for Detroit - Chicago match for a Western conf game is nice

I got:
    Ottawa v Pittsburgh (Sens in 7)
    NY Rangers v Boston (Boston in 6)
    San Jose v LA (Kings in 6)
    Detroit v Chicago (Chicago in 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Ill go with

kings in 6
    pens in 4
    rangers in 7
    hawks in 5

I'm going with

Penguins in 6
    Kings in 7
    Bruins in 7
    Blackhawks in 6

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭decies

Any channel showing the bruins 8pm Sunday night ? NHL must have hit the worst deal over here of all the major American sports .

Any channel showing the bruins 8pm Sunday night ? NHL must have hit the worst deal over here of all the major American sports .

If anyone is showing it, it will be Setanta Sports 1.

I hate Setanta coverage, it was way better when ESPN had it. Anyway, I'll be online steaming it as don't have Setanta.

If anyone is showing it, it will be Setanta Sports 1.

Yeah, it's on Setanta sports but it's not on until 10pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

how many years has setanta left on that deal???

i hope none...

Advertisement