Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

Izy wrote: »
    how many years has setanta left on that deal???

i hope none...

I think its 3 or 4 years after this 1 unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Torts - Model NHL Coach. What do you guys think? I think he is an excellent coach and top guy overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭zagro

Penguins-Senators 5:2 tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

zagro wrote: »
    Penguins-Senators 5:2 tonight ;)

Penguins lead 2-1 after the first. Crosby with both goals. I know he's about as highly rated a player as there has been in the past 10-15 years, but he's worth the entrance fee alone. Given the amount of setbacks he has had and the level of quality he still maanges to deliver instantly upon each return, he has to be up there with the greats.

As for Tortorella, I like an ouitspoken coach. There's something about him that still has me on the fence though. His soundbytes are great and he came across very well in the HBO 24/7, but I just don't know what it is about him I can't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

I love torts, only things about the rangers I do like, his press conferences after last years losses in the playoffs are pure gold!

I'd love to see his reaction to a game 7 finals loss!

Sens making this game a bit interesting!

Kings game last night was another cracker, brilliant playoffs so far!

• Advertisement

Pens eventually escape with a win, thanks to Crosby's hat-trick. His father didn't seem overly impressed after the third goal, mind you...

crosbyht.gif

Izy wrote: »
    how many years has setanta left on that deal???

i hope none...

Was just calling Sky Ireland there this morning and the lady was telling me that they are losing the rights to ESPN at the end of the month. They are in negotiations to get something in to replace it, so lets hope and pray that whoever it is covers hockey.

Watched the first period of the game last night and Crosby was on fire. I was surprised that it ended the close. I thought that the Pens were in control of the game and would win it easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

COYW wrote: »
    Was just calling Sky Ireland there this morning and the lady was telling me that they are losing the rights to ESPN at the end of the month. They are in negotiations to get something in to replace it, so lets hope and pray that whoever it is covers hockey.

Watched the first period of the game last night and Crosby was on fire. I was surprised that it ended the close. I thought that the Pens were in control of the game and would win it easily.

Very interesting to see if that comes to pass. If ESPN got it I would instantly sign up, their coverage was much better, and be worth it for the playoffs alone. I use Gamecentre all the time, but the blackout thing bugs me. If they were to charge €100 more to avoid the blackouts, I would pay it.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Very interesting to see if that comes to pass. If ESPN got it I would instantly sign up, their coverage was much better, and be worth it for the playoffs alone. I use Gamecentre all the time, but the blackout thing bugs me. If they were to charge €100 more to avoid the blackouts, I would pay it.

What device(s) are you watching on?

iPad and have PC connected to the TV also, so either or, depending on how tired I am. But when ESPN had it, I watched the odd game on TV, and the playoffs.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement

Delighted the Sharks won last night. For some reason, I just dislike the Kings and I'd like to see the Sharks win this series.

Looking forward to the Bruins v Rangers game tonight, gonna be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭decies

Watching the bruins game on iPad on NHL game pass am sure it's because I used a Brazilian VPN or its showing here in Ireland ?? Is it geoblocked here !!!

I watched it too on iPad, even though not in the country at the minute, so it must not be on Setanta or the like. Good game, the Rangers played well for large parts of it, but once we got the third, they didn't seem able to muster any decent effort at comeback. Game was quite chippy at times, seemed to be a real edge and looked as if it could boil over quite often.

Back to Madison in Tuesday, be great to take a win of at least one of those games.

I watched it too on iPad, even though not in the country at the minute, so it must not be on Setanta or the like. Good game, the Rangers played well for large parts of it, but once we got the third, they didn't seem able to muster any decent effort at comeback. Game was quite chippy at times, seemed to be a real edge and looked as if it could boil over quite often.

Back to Madison in Tuesday, be great to take a win of at least one of those games.

Bruins deserved to win without doubt. I thought we started all three periods very badly. King Henrik wasn't his usual self and Rask pulled of some good saves for you. Game 3 at the Garden is a 100% must win for us. I thought we were really poor after you got the 4th last night, gave up, just like OT in game 1.

Anyone watching Bruins@Rangers tonight? Early days yet, but could be intense. A couple of early penalties and some bad blood (literally for Chara...).

Hoping for a Rangers win and a 7 game series.

Yep, Lunqvist with a couple of big stops on the breakaway. Bruins gotta start putting them away, not gonna get too many chances like that. The ref's are looking a bit lenient with this one.

Instead of publicly criticising individuals for their poor PP performance, maybe Tortorella should be focusing on their PP zone entry. As Pierre McGuire was at pains to point out tonight, they have been atrocious so far. One man trying to take on four, with little or no support. Just not good enough.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Instead of publicly criticising individuals for their poor PP performance, maybe Tortorella should be focusing on their PP zone entry. As Pierre McGuire was at pains to point out tonight, they have been atrocious so far. One man trying to take on four, with little or no support. Just not good enough.

He doesn't coach the PP. He leaves it up to the players, I kid you not! No wonder it is so bad. It is a major bone of contention with all Rangers fans. Really disappointed with last night and we just haven't played in this series. Wouldn't be surprised if the Bruins win 4-0. People calling for Torts' head and for Guy Boucher to be brought in. He would sort out the PP and the breakout but I am starting to think that this group of players may be beyond help.

I just can't see us bringing this to a game 7, sorry MrJoeSoap.

Anyone else watching BOS @ NYR and not getting commentary on Gamecenter? I've tried both channels, no luck?

Anyone else watching BOS @ NYR and not getting commentary on Gamecenter? I've tried both channels, no luck?

Ne'er mind. If the Bruins don't win this, Rask will be hung out to dry. What the hell happened him for the first NYR goal? Embarrassing!

• Advertisement

Ne'er mind. If the Bruins don't win this, Rask will be hung out to dry. What the hell happened him for the first NYR goal? Embarrassing!

I know. We have been awful. Two gifts of goals. His weight must have been on his left leg for the first goal and he couldn't get back over to stop the puck. It looked awful whatever happened to him.

I know. We have been awful. Two gifts of goals. His weight must have been on his left leg for the first goal and he couldn't get back over to stop the puck. It looked awful whatever happened to him.

And Seguin finally gets himself a goal. Looking like a sweep, would be an absolute miracle if the Rangers salvage anything from this. Bruins are in some great form though, I'm worried...

And Seguin finally gets himself a goal. Looking like a sweep, would be an absolute miracle if the Rangers salvage anything from this. Bruins are in some great form though, I'm worried...

Famous last words? 3-3!

Nah, your offense is way too strong for them. Don't speak too soon about the sweep. Boyler on the PP :eek:

Nah, your offense is way too strong for them. Don't speak too soon about the sweep. Boyler on the PP :eek:

I'm just hoping this series gets extended as long as possible. Bruins v Penguins would be a fantastic Eastern final. Who knows, if Detroit can go 3-1 up tonight it could be yet another Pittsburgh v Detroit cup...

Rangers looking so much sharper on the PP.

Rangers looking so much sharper on the PP.

Yep, I think we have finally dropped out defensive mentality on the PP.

Yet another period of OT. Yipee.

The joys of the Playoffs, infinite overtime on a work night. Especially if it's the last you see of your team until October, COYW...

• Advertisement

The joys of the Playoffs, infinite overtime on a work night. Especially if it's the last you see of your team until October, COYW...

Yep, could very well be. God what I'd give for a good old shootout. We don't do OT ... at all.

We had 25 SOG in those 3 periods, in an elimination game. Just not good enough at this stage of the season.

Advertisement