Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

I flew to Philadelphia for Game Six. I had the pleasure of dealing with the lovely Flyers fans up close and personal. I wrote a little bit about it.

I remember that all right and I know from Rangers fans that a trip to Philly is an experience and a half. It tends to get physical and you don't get much protection from the security, as you said. I will be in NY early next year and I would love to go to Philly to experience a Rangers @ Flyers game and to have another cheese steak too. :D I will definitely drive there if that game is on when I am in NY. Philly is a handy drive from NY. Really want to get to TD Garden too sometime.
    MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Whilst he took at least a penalty in all four games against the Penguins, he was only sent to the box in three of the previous twelve games this postseason. What I like about him is that he isn't one-dimensional and isn't just a pest, but he can score and makes some great plays as well. As you saw on his breakaway goal v the Penguins, his speed is a huge asset. His line with Bergeron and Seguin is exceptional, and in the past two regular seasons each of the three have been at least +23 in +/-. If the Bruins are going to win this they need that to continue.

Have to hand it to him, he took that goal from Crosby's mistake brilliantly. Plenty of players would have fluffed their lines that early in a game. I just think that the Hawks have enough to manage that line and as you said, the Bruins need that line firing on all cylinders to win the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Marchand is a pest, but he is good at what he does. The only thing I dislike about him is the needless penalties he gives away at times. But I guess that is a consequence of who he is on the ice.

That being said, I'd dress him on my team for sure.

I wouldn't, he's pond scum. The sort of "player" the NHL can do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

mod9maple wrote: »
    I wouldn't, he's pond scum. The sort of "player" the NHL can do without.

Pond scum?????? Bit harsh. There are worse around the league than Marchand, but I wouldn't label them pond scum.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Pond scum?????? Bit harsh. There are worse around the league than Marchand, but I wouldn't label them pond scum.

Not at all harsh, he's a filthy rat. He blind sides people, kidney punches them with his stick, slew foots at every opportunity, even took a two handed swing with his stick at Van Reimsdyk during the first round. And never backs it up with his fists. He can't. He runs and hides behind Chara or Lucic.

He's a cheating, filthy "player". Scum. If I was opposing him in a line at the end of a series, I'd refuse point blank to shake his hand. I dream of the day someone removes him from the game never to return. And he's not the only one mind....

Not at all harsh, he's a filthy rat. He blind sides people, kidney punches them with his stick, slew foots at every opportunity, even took a two handed swing with his stick at Van Reimsdyk during the first round. And never backs it up with his fists. He can't. He runs and hides behind Chara or Lucic.

He's a cheating, filthy "player". Scum. If I was opposing him in a line at the end of a series, I'd refuse point blank to shake his hand. I dream of the day someone removes him from the game never to return. And he's not the only one mind....

You dream of the day someone removes him from the game never to return ???

Fairly disgusting comment to be honest. Wishing serious harm on a player.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Calm it down a bit, please. "Scum" and "rat" are words that would get you banned on most of the other sports forums on Boards.ie, and shouldn't be repeated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

he is a player opposing fans love to hate but he is the kind of player you would love on your team...he is a winner

Bit of a subdued first period I thought, but happy enough. Creating some chances while keeping the Blackhawks contained to a point. Gonna be a low scoring series I think, two top goalies playing out of their skin.

I'd love to see Jagr have a huge series, great career, great to finish it out with a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Well this game has livened up a bit, slow first half hawks starting to play a bit...

bad mistake from Crawford for bruins 2nd...

kreicji, horton and lucic line have been lethal whole playoffs +22, if hawks keep them quiet they should win series with relative ease if they play consistantly the way they have in the 2nd!

Tougher 2nd period for the Bruins, gave possession away too easily, too many turnovers. Just as well Lucic got the second fairly early into the period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Sitting in work trying to keep my eyes open. 3OTs and the Blackhawks coming back from being down 3-1 with 13+ minutes left in the 3rd period.

WOW.

I'm going to guess that besides being completely exhausted that the Bruins are black and blue from blocking 40 shots last night. They were impressive defensively, but the Blackhawks kept coming.

I thought that both goalies were exceptional in the OT periods. I made a comment that the first 'brain fart' would end the game (it didn't with the Too Many Men penalty that the Hawks took).

I'm going to guess that the next game is not going to be as up and down as Game One. I would expect a much more physical/clutch and grab style just down to both tema snot having their legs underneath them.

Take a look at the TSN.ca Game Tracker. http://gametracker-nhl.tsn.ca/17710

It was an epic game and could have gone either way. When we went 3-1 up I still fancied the Hawks to get at least one. Once they levelled they took control until the OT.

Hopefully we can refocus and take game 2, be good to get at least one from the initial away series, but even then I won't be overly concerned. We lost the initial 2 against the Canucks, but we need to cut out the costly turnovers. Not that I want to take anything away from the Hawks, they certainly played their part in an amazing game.

It was an epic game and could have gone either way. When we went 3-1 up I still fancied the Hawks to get at least one. Once they levelled they took control until the OT.

Hopefully we can refocus and take game 2, be good to get at least one from the initial away series, but even then I won't be overly concerned. We lost the initial 2 against the Canucks, but we need to cut out the costly turnovers. Not that I want to take anything away from the Hawks, they certainly played their part in an amazing game.

Please don't ever compare the Chicago Blackhawks to the Vancouver Canucks ever again. There is no need to stoop that low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Please don't ever compare the Chicago Blackhawks to the Vancouver Canucks ever again. There is no need to stoop that low.

or what? the Blackhawks fans will cause a riot? :p

I'll get my coat :)

Fell asleep in OT. Sickened I missed the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

Any place online to watch the game replay

It was a super game, OT was brilliant, it wasnt a case of niether team wanting to lose it was all out attack!

I think prob bruins had more chances to win it in OT with some super defensive stick checks and saves saving the hawks...

anyway looking forward to the rest of this series! Can see it going to 6 or 7 with a hawks win!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

Is setanta worth getting for the finals. They have a special offer on.

Sign up today and get Setanta Sports at HALF PRICE! That’s just €8.49 per month for the first 2 months (plus a reduced online connection fee of €9.99).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

#LetsGoBruins

I'm still not recovered from that marathon, and I was just watching it. Neither team skated yesterday at the United Center. The Bruins didn't even leave their hotel room. All players/staff that were made available were at the hotel.

One very strange thing came up yesterday. In an interview yesterday, Tuuka Rask basically threw their young D-man Krug under the bus.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/13/terrible-turnover-from-bruins-krug-leads-to-bolland-goal/

The reason that this is 'odd' is that no one was questioning anything that Rask had done. He played an outstanding game. Krug knew that he made a mistake (but there was lackadaisical line change going on at that time). There was no need to to make that comment. This kid bailed him out pretty well in the Rangers series scoring some big goals. You don't try to destroy a kid who only played three NHL games before the playoffs in the biggest series of them all.

Yeah I found that odd as well. The guys always speak of a team mentality and standing up for each other, then he was very sharp in what he said about Krug. After he made that mistake, he didn't move from the bench until midway through the 1st OT period, and yeah the guys were probably a little miffed deep down, but openly criticising the guy I thought was harsh. He's done a great job since he was brought into the side, and as you said bailed us out against the Rangers, and lets not forget Rask's falling on his backside, so everyone makes mistakes.

I just hope the team discussed this between themselves and have not let anything get to them. He needs support, and assistance when he's on the ice.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. I'm still wrecked after the first game, but I reckon tomorrow is gonna be more of the same. Hopefully though with the B's taking the win.

• Advertisement

Thats not the mentality that should be seeping into a team at finals stage, bit of inexperience there on rasks behalf in my opnion, rookies need support...

I though that krug did well and didnt let it get to him When he got back on the ice in ot, he was pretty active in attack as he has been and set up a couple of chances!

Doesnt seem to be any word on horton since the game??? He fit for tomorrow?

Horton is listed as day to day, but there is a chance he will play apparently, so obviously not too serious. It would be terrible for him to be put out of 2 finals in 3 years. He is such a big player for us, and if there was ever a time to have your big players shine, this is it.

So hes playing, bruins need him, serious player! Should make for another interesting game tonight!

Seguin needs a big game tonight as well after sayong during the week that he would come up big in rhis series, hasnt really shown it in playoffs yet!

Yeah good that Hortons in, but I'm wary as to how ready he is. Didn't really hear much about what his injury was, so gonna be interesting going into contact to see how he fares.

I have had a feeling all playoff that either Sequin or Jagr is gonna have a huge moment somewhere along the line. It would be nice to get it tonight.

They didnt really say much(shoulder injury!) apparently bruins policy to not talk about injuries!

all I want is a game 7, not really that bothered who wins it!

That's probably the worst period I have seen from the Bruins all season. Piss poor in all areas, doing a terrible job of clearing bodies away from the crease, no puck control at all, decision making is awful, poor support in the offensive zone and panicking any time the puck comes into the defensive zone.

The Hawks will walk this game if there is no change in the second period.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Despite having only 4 shots on goal in the first period, Bruins won the game in overtime. Tuuka Rask did a good job.

Thrilled we came away with the win last night, but it didn't look good after 20 minutes. I thought once we came out and started forechecking and playing our own game, we grew back into it, and in the end deserved the win. If we can carry that form back to Boston and play for a full 60 minutes, we are in with a real chance to win this.

Didnt get to see this 1... but seen the disallowed goal for the hawks bit harsh I thought(like dustin penners earlier in the playoffs!) Dont know why it wasnt given after review either?!

Anybody see it and have more info?

• Advertisement

It was ruled the whistle had blown before the puck crossed the line. But it was close, too close for comfort.

Advertisement