Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Feels like a sequel, ground game feels more controllable yet frantic, sprawls still surprise me, not expecting them, have to see what moves can be done from there. Fair play to EA on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Feels like a sequel, ground game feels more controllable yet frantic, sprawls still surprise me, not expecting them, have to see what moves can be done from there. Fair play to EA on this one.

Im loving the new ground game, really getting the hang of it! Instead of getting straight up when im taken down i like doing subs from the bottom, got a sweet guillotine earlier think i nearly got Axwell with one to!

Nick Diaz is hands down the best player in the game, 10-2 with him so far. Solid chin, good moves & sick subs! Unreal.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ASOT wrote: »
    got a sweet guillotine earlier think i nearly got Axwell with one to!

Wasnt even close! ;)

I was about 1 second away from passing out and id say the neighbours thought I was killing someone in the apartment with the names I was shouting
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Axwell wrote: »
    Wasnt even close! ;)

I was about 1 second away from passing out and id say the neighbours thought I was killing someone in the apartment with the names I was shouting
    :D

My hand slipped off the thumb grip at the last second i was gutted, took the RNC well enough! I got absolutely hammered in the first three fights though it took me a bit to get into it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

ye still playing this? Getting my PS4 on friday finally, cant wait, Im going to whoop ye (not really!!!). Did the patch make the game much better?

• Advertisement

ye still playing this? Getting my PS4 on friday finally, cant wait, Im going to whoop ye (not really!!!). Did the patch make the game much better?

I think the patch was a great improvement but it's getting slated online. The new stamina management is harder especially when blocking and the devs admitted now fighting with HW's is much harder as their stamina is already crap. The gameplay elements like sprawling and touch gloves are definitely a step in the right direction.

Add me when you get it - sheehy83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

I think the patch was a great improvement but it's getting slated online. The new stamina management is harder especially when blocking and the devs admitted now fighting with HW's is much harder as their stamina is already crap. The gameplay elements like sprawling and touch gloves are definitely a step in the right direction.

Add me when you get it - sheehy83

How do you touch gloves?

As soon as the fight starts, hold L2 and move towards your opponent. They will automatically do it when close enough. You can also do it after the ref stands ye up by holding L2 as soon as ye get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

As soon as the fight starts, hold L2 and move towards your opponent. They will automatically do it when close enough. You can also do it after the ref stands ye up by holding L2 as soon as ye get up.

Cant wait to initiate a touch gloves and then give a sly kick to the face :D

Carroller wrote: »
    Cant wait to initiate a touch gloves and then give a sly kick to the face :D

Ah you and Axwell will get on great then :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ah you and Axwell will get on great then :P

Ah heeeerrreee! I only did it the once to see if it was possible. Ya deserved it anyways! :D

Are you two ladies ever gonna have your fight so we can get another tournament going!!?

Are you two ladies ever gonna have your fight so we can get another tournament going!!?

Blobby is still in training camp :) Blobby as soon as you are back, let me know and we can arrange a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Add me for a game guys. PSN username is: Cpl_J

So sick of playing people who only pick the best guys like Jones and Barao so hopefully can get some decent games here.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Add me for a game guys. PSN username is: Cpl_J

So sick of playing people who only pick the best guys like Jones and Barao so hopefully can get some decent games here.

Add you there, most lads on here fight with regular fighters, only time I'd use a champ is if we agree to a certain matchup like Jones vs DC or just want to try out noobie TJ. The tournament we have only uses fighters rated 93 and under also to stop that over powered spinning back kick shyte.

It's great now the way not all fighters have the power takedowns. Heavyweights were always the worst to use because of their slowness but they're even worse now with the degraded stamina.

Add you there, most lads on here fight with regular fighters, only time I'd use a champ is if we agree to a certain matchup like Jones vs DC or just want to try out noobie TJ. The tournament we have only uses fighters rated 93 and under also to stop that over powered spinning back kick shyte.

It's great now the way not all fighters have the power takedowns. Heavyweights were always the worst to use because of their slowness but they're even worse now with the degraded stamina.

Will finally have this tomorrow, have been waiting for the last of us bundle to come ut, will post my PSN name once up and running, hopefully will be able to take a few of ye on soon :)

Will finally have this tomorrow, have been waiting for the last of us bundle to come ut, will post my PSN name once up and running, hopefully will be able to take a few of ye on soon :)

Cool, add me away sheehy83, might see you online in The Last of Us as well!

Few fights tonight if anyones around?

Getting The Last Of Us tomorrow so will be focussed on that for a few days!

Me and blobby having the final tonight. I'm the same getting last of us tomorrow as well, might see you online in that as well axwell.

Aaand the new...BUFC PS4 champion of the woooooooorld.....

Mr. Blobby!

Congrats man, stuffed 2-0. Chuck let me down against Vitor Bro, TNT was just too much for me. Then cat vs davies. My head was purple for all 4 rounds. Wouldn't even go down between rounds, surprised I lasted so long.

Don't get too comfy with the belt man, BUFC 2 is just around the corner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Aaand the new...BUFC PS4 champion of the woooooooorld.....

Mr. Blobby!

Congrats man, stuffed 2-0. Chuck let me down against Vitor Bro, TNT was just too much for me. Then cat vs davies. My head was purple for all 4 rounds. Wouldn't even go down between rounds, surprised I lasted so long.

I had a feeling that you'd pick Chuck for light heavy so i've been playing against him a lot for practice.

Was also very happy when you picked Cat over Davies. Davies seems to be soo much faster! But my god can Cat take a punch!!

First time losing with chuck but he was doing zero damage against Vitor. I usually pick davies but cat is so much stronger. Man I totally had that sub if the time didn't run out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

First time losing with chuck but he was doing zero damage against Vitor. I usually pick davies but cat is so much stronger. Man I totally had that sub if the time didn't run out :D

You actually did!! Only for the clock i was ****ed!! :pac:
    Thats why I always made sure to keep it standing :D

Then cat vs davies. My head was purple for all 4 rounds. Wouldn't even go down between rounds, surprised I lasted so long.

Thats exactly how my fight was with Blobby and those two. I just couldnt recover even when I was avoiding punches. Cat was like a walking beetroot for the whole fight!!

Thats exactly how my fight was with Blobby and those two. I just couldnt recover even when I was avoiding punches. Cat was like a walking beetroot for the whole fight!!

Okay then, we need to test Mr. Blobby's game to see if he illegally downloaded the TRT patch! :pac:

So how is everyone feeling about the new Stamina? I like it but if you find yourself drained and the other guy full, it's hard to come back. Makes it a bit more realistic trying to conserve energy.

Finally got the ps4, finding this tough enough, add me markcahill1985, will prob be a few days by time I'm up to scratch tho, keep getting killed in clinch, how to u defend transitions in clinch?

Finally got the ps4, finding this tough enough, add me markcahill1985, will prob be a few days by time I'm up to scratch tho, keep getting killed in clinch, how to u defend transitions in clinch?

First transition to an offensive clinch for you by circling the right stick in a 1/4 circle. When you are on the offense, Hold R2 and back to stop them transitioning or escaping. Hammer L3 (click the Left analogue stick) if you just want to escape. If he is blocking your transitions, Hit him with knees or punches and then try escape after landing a hit.

Really getting into this, wasn't too sure at first but think it's a fine game now, keep getting reversed when on mount tho haha

Small issue does the controller not vibrate for anyone else when playing? Haven't felt it vibrate once and the setting is set to on in the ps4 settings?

Yeah I still find it very hard to block sweeps even though they made the block window bigger in the patch.

Actually, never noticed the vibration in the joypad. Must remember to check next time I play.

• Advertisement

Being playing this all weekend, really starting to get the hand of it now althought my ground game needs a lot of work. Wasnt sure at first but really enjoy the game now, a lot more technical than previous games and think it can be very realistic. Playing online is really frustrating, I have found a good few games alright which were enjoyable and my opponent clearly just wants a good realistic fight, but even more so i have found opponents who just start the fight and throw leg kicks for the whole thing, surely they are not getting any enjoyment out of playing like that? When that happens I just grab them in a MT clinch and knee them over and over, taste of their own medicine haha

Advertisement