Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Sounds good! Hopefully we can make our own vests etc. An aspect from Fifa was that we couldnt make our own Jerseys but rather use ones already in there... Ill look forward to whooping your respective arses come June 20th... PS4 onry of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MarkJD wrote: »
    Really looking forward to the online aspect. I hope they have some sort of "Clubs" for online (like Fifa) where we could make our own Gym and when we fight online we get points / more noteable as a gym or something.

Yupp, online club would be class.

Ah class!
    Fighters can be created in any of the UFC’s eight (8) weight classes and rooted in any of 10 different fighting styles. Based on the fighter you create, you’ll begin the game with set ratings in 24 categories that you can then build up, in addition to purchasing unique skills and moves for you character over the course of your career.
    This means that progressing through a career as a Welterweight Boxer will give you a distinctly difference experience than you’ll have as a Featherweight specializing in Tae Kwon Do.

The Ultimate Fighter
    Your career starts here. Winning an elimination match will get you drafted to a TUF team. We’ve matched up 13 pairs of real-life rivals to be your coaches, including Johny Hendricks and Carlos Condit, Benson Henderson and Nate Diaz, Chris Weidman and Lyoto Machida, Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson, and many more.
    The Ultimate Fighter tournament represents a great chance to hone your skills and adapt to fighting different styles of opponents. Before each TUF bout, your coach will help give you the edge by providing you with a scouting report on your opponent and some last minute advice about the matchup.
    Win your way through the tournament and earn yourself a coveted UFC contract and the title of The Ultimate Fighter! This will also get you enough fans to net your first official sponsor – the UFC – whose official gear you’ll then be able to deck yourself out in.

http://www.easports.com/ufc/news-updates-gameplay/article/ea-sports-ufc-the-ultimate-fighter-career-mode

I'm trying to decide what weight class I will start my career in and I'm leaning towards LHW just for the chance to smash Jones!

Also, in the latest vid, there was an option to switch to Fighter Net
    FighterNet – Your HUB to track all of your online competition. Track and compare your stats against friends and rivals, share fight highlights, and maybe even have your highlight featured in the Highlights of the Night. Plus, get access to some of the latest UFC content as and when available with the UFC Spotlight feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Really didn't like the game play in the last EA MMA game, is this the same studio making this? Much preferred UFC Undisputed 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

ShaneU wrote: »
    Really didn't like the game play in the last EA MMA game, is this the same studio making this? Much preferred UFC Undisputed 3

Totally new team.
    Same guys who made the Fight Night series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

My perfect MMA game would have:
    the polish and variety of moves from Undisputed 3 along with it's PRIDE mode (shoe-in for the next game in this current series)
    the sub game from Undisputed 2010 as I didn't like the octagon shaped mini-game that jumped up in 3. It felt it jarring and took me out of the fight,
    & striking like the fight night series as that game is very fluid, combinations flow naturally

I think the sub game in ea mma was waaaaay better than undisputed. Undisputed had better striking though.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I think the sub game in ea mma was waaaaay better than undisputed. Undisputed had better striking though.

See I'm the opposite.. I liked that there was loads of moves in Undisputed but each one felt flat since you could land 3 power shots and barely hurt your opponent.

I can't really remember the sub system in EA MMA so i'm not sure between that or Undisputed.

In undisputed subs just felt very unnatural, just kept it standing with my 2 acquired special moves (such a balls expanding your move list) while ea mma was more the whole package, actually felt like a fuller mma game.

Just a heads up before the game comes out...

If any of you's knock me out with the Showtime kick i'm trading in the game :pac:

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just a heads up before the game comes out...

If any of you's knock me out with the Showtime kick i'm trading in the game :pac:

And you know the ps4 records 15 min videos so anyone I knock out on here will become a YouTube star.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pretty much my thoughts on those games as well.

Check out Bendo fixing his hair and the camera man following their every move, class stuff. That showtime kick looks like it will be easy to block/dodge.

9jEIVoE.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

And you know the ps4 records 15 min videos so anyone I knock out on here will become a YouTube star.

Haha thats a good one

Breakdown of the latest trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Sorry if already asked but is this going to be out on Xbox 360? or just new consoles?

Sorry if already asked but is this going to be out on Xbox 360? or just new consoles?

Sorry, Just PS4 and Xbox One, not sure about PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just read the last few pages of info and watched the new trailer...

feels-good-man.gif

Sorry, Just PS4 and Xbox One, not sure about PC.

WTF!!!

I only have PS3!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

I know, sickening isn't it?

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    WTF!!!

I only have PS3!

This is the main reason I got a ps4.

This is the main reason I got a ps4.

I didn't know this until you said it today, I was tempted to go for a PS4 if GTA V was a ps4 release, I would have bought one then but I don't know bout forking out 400 quid for this:(

I want a PS4 but they're costly, what kind are they are they worth the cash?

dave1982 wrote: »
    I didn't know this until you said it today, I was tempted to go for a PS4 if GTA V was a ps4 release, I would have bought one then but I don't know bout forking out 400 quid for this:(

I want a PS4 but they're costly, what kind are they are they worth the cash?

The ps4 is class, I use my ps3 way more though but at launch I had traded all my ps3 games bar gta and 2 joypads to cex, the rest was a Christmas present so thankfully I didn't have to pay much. But since hearing about this being next gen only last year, it was my main reason for getting it (thought it would be out February or March). Watch dogs out this month though so might finally get proper use (besides infuriating frustration but brilliance from Trials)

The fighting styles for your career mode have been announced.

10246497_679812188723307_5571959922178612431_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The fighting styles for your career mode have been announced.

10246497_679812188723307_5571959922178612431_n.jpg

That's pretty good if the styles are all distinguishable.

I just hope that it doesn't end up that most fighters are wrestling, BJJ, MMA or Muay thai

And Judo, Karate, TKD are just clones of Rousey, Machida and Pettis

Y9Qt2Mi.jpg

XgySFWd.jpg

SieICqc.jpg

lbzOLep.jpg

7vOeLoZ.jpg

Kampman looks spot on!
    I'm getting really excited for this now!! :D

Yupp, the detail in the models are unreal. I was looking up EA MMA videos again and looks so ****e compared to this, true next gen graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Was going to wait until Xmas to get a ps4 but this is really tempting me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

When do EA typically release their Sports games demos? Hopefully might see one in the next week or two!

Advertisement