Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the pros and cons of multiracial multicultural society?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

Spanish Harlem banned.
    Then close the entire thread.
    Why ask for opinions if people can't air them and only one side can be aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭SeanW

Oh I'm sorry...did I say all?
    Yes, you did. Quite clearly.
    I've travelled a bit in my life and lived a few countries and on my travels I've seen BNP marces in Britain
    I could be wrong here but I don't think the BNP run schools and after-school programmes in the United Kingdom, the U.S. and likely others. Saudi Arabia does, there among other countries, to spread Wahabbism.

My examples were from countries with white populations but I can see you only like to use examples of dark skinned people, so I'll leave you to it.
    I resent that!
    Or put it this way: I put it to you that you are only interested in examples of hatred by white people? How do you like that?
    You sound like you have some experience of this.
    No, I just don't have the same experience of sticking my head in the sand the way some multicultural leftists do.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Maybe because he openly said that whites are superior to blacks, claimed that anyone denying it was deluding themselves, and subsequently tried to claim that blacks by nature try to move to a city en masse for the sole purpose of destroying it economically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

There should be sufficient background checks on everybody entering - that's something we should (hopefully) all agree on. Someone mentioned Sweden. Well there was a well known case there fairly recently where an immigrant raped and murdered a young native when he should never have been in the country in the first place. He had previous history and this wasn't checked. To add insult to injury the picture of the woman was spread on to shock websites which only adds fuel to the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Pug160 wrote: »
    There should be sufficient background checks on everybody entering - that's something we should (hopefully) all agree on. Someone mentioned Sweden. Well there was a well known case there fairly recently where an immigrant raped and murdered a young native when he should never have been in the country in the first place. He had previous history and this wasn't checked. To add insult to injury the picture of the woman was spread on to shock websites which only adds fuel to the fire.

There's been severel high profile child rapes in Norway,sweden and Denmark , involving immigrants
    Always odd the local papers who report on crimes get hammer for inciting hatred just for reporting the actual facts of a crime

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Gatling wrote: »
    There's been severel high profile child rapes in Norway,sweden and Denmark , involving immigrants
    Always odd the local papers who report on crimes get hammer for inciting hatred just for reporting the actual facts of a crime

Child rape is a crime associated with humanity. Unless you close all borders to humans, theres a risk of it happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

But should this be a platform for sickening racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

Nodin wrote: »
    Child rape is a crime associated with humanity. Unless you close all borders to humans, theres a risk of it happening.

No need to close borders - just be slightly more picky on who you choose to let in. Now obviously there's going to be some who slip through the net, but there's absolutely no excuse for skipping background checks and letting someone with previous history into a country.

I personally think some countries are sitting on a ticking time bomb. Not only from immigrant terrorists and criminals, but from far right manipulators who are manipulating vulnerable and impressionable people and turning them into future David Copelands. And that's enough to send chills down anybody's spine.

No need to close borders - just be slightly more picky on who you choose to let in. Now obviously there's going to be some who slip through the net, but there's absolutely no excuse for skipping background checks and letting someone with previous history into a country..

Well that was obviously a feck up. It has to be pointed out though, that criminal convictions don't stop movement in the EU area.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

SeanW wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear about those things that happened to you, but I'm reasonably sure the stuff in Berlin is specifically linked to their culture. I highly doubt these children have decided that girls not covered are "sluts" and that murder victims "had it coming" on their own. They were influenced by the values of their parents. Who in turn are influenced by their culture, which they propogate from generation to poison filled generation.

There are plenty of people in ireland who believe that girls who dress in skimpy clothes are to blame for rapes. There were many that would ship off a pretty girl to the laundries because she was pretty. And there are still many people who hate everything english. Just like the guys who attacked me. BTW, they were all from "good families". Strange how you can see the attitude of some turkish boys as an indication of a greater, more widespread problem. But you don't see any problems with irish attitudes towards foreigners.

There was a time when integration was about both sides. The majority and minority. The majority learned to accept differences and learned about their new neighbours. Now the prevailing opinion is that if someone moved it is 100% up to them to adapt. Change their language, religion and if possible skin colour. It's got so bad that if someone wants to build a church, or anything like that it's ok. But for some reason any mosques that are built are political statements that elicit protests. This is despite the fact that 99% of people could not say what the 5 pillars of Islam are. BTW, they are the 5 simple rules that all muslims must follow. If you were to do a course on Islam, they would be written up on the board when you walked into your first class. But pretty much all the anti muslim bigots haven't got a clue what they are. It's like deciding to be against christianity because you see the westboro baptist church.

The turks in germany have been discriminated against since they first arrived. It's terrible because the germans are in every other way a tolerant society.

http://www.humanityinaction.org/knowledgebase/158-something-s-missing-in-germany-an-exploration-of-discriminatory-terminology-in-german-discourse

Study finds major discrimination against Turkish job applicants
    http://www.thelocal.de/society/20100209-25145.html
    So it's ONLY ever the natives fault? Why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

It's not always the natives fault. Sometimes you get a load of rowdy people who move into an area and wreck it. It's happened all across the western world and even here in ireland. I believe people call it colonization.

gurramok wrote: »
    The further out you go to the burbs, most have ended up in the newer housing(Waterville for example, Tyrellstown at Blanch, Northwood at Airport) and that maybe because its cheaper and newer to live in. Most Irish would be still in their semi-d's of the most established suburbs, a hangover from pre2000 builds.

I think it's mainly because there's loads of available housing. Nothing really to do with cost. Waterville is quite pricy compared with the rest of blanch. And will over 50% of the place is non irish. But that's mainly because there's feck loads of businesses around there that actively seek out foreign workers. PayPal, IBM, eBay, symantec etc... And the place is new. As in there was no-one living there before. The older and more established a place is, the less likely you are to find foreigners, or at the very least the lower the number that will be there.

• Advertisement

No need to close borders - just be slightly more picky on who you choose to let in. Now obviously there's going to be some who slip through the net, but there's absolutely no excuse for skipping background checks and letting someone with previous history into a country.

I personally think some countries are sitting on a ticking time bomb. Not only from immigrant terrorists and criminals, but from far right manipulators who are manipulating vulnerable and impressionable people and turning them into future David Copelands. And that's enough to send chills down anybody's spine.

I'm in favor of this. So long as only a few serious crimes are checked for. Murder, rape, child abuse etc.. No checks for any political crimes or anything that is considered monor. So minor theft, getting into a fight 20 years ago etc... The system should only be for violent offenders.
    I think it's common sense. If you asked a polish person if a say, cxech person, should be allowed into ireland, they'd say sure. If you said a czech rapist, they'd say no. That's because that kind of concern trancends racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Grayson wrote: »
    There are plenty of people in ireland who believe that girls who dress in skimpy clothes are to blame for rapes. There were many that would ship off a pretty girl to the laundries because she was pretty. And there are still many people who hate everything english. Just like the guys who attacked me. BTW, they were all from "good families". Strange how you can see the attitude of some turkish boys as an indication of a greater, more widespread problem. But you don't see any problems with irish attitudes towards foreigners.

There was a time when integration was about both sides. The majority and minority. The majority learned to accept differences and learned about their new neighbours. Now the prevailing opinion is that if someone moved it is 100% up to them to adapt. Change their language, religion and if possible skin colour. It's got so bad that if someone wants to build a church, or anything like that it's ok. But for some reason any mosques that are built are political statements that elicit protests. This is despite the fact that 99% of people could not say what the 5 pillars of Islam are. BTW, they are the 5 simple rules that all muslims must follow. If you were to do a course on Islam, they would be written up on the board when you walked into your first class. But pretty much all the anti muslim bigots haven't got a clue what they are. It's like deciding to be against christianity because you see the westboro baptist church.

The turks in germany have been discriminated against since they first arrived. It's terrible because the germans are in every other way a tolerant society.

http://www.humanityinaction.org/knowledgebase/158-something-s-missing-in-germany-an-exploration-of-discriminatory-terminology-in-german-discourse

Study finds major discrimination against Turkish job applicants
    http://www.thelocal.de/society/20100209-25145.html

It's not always the natives fault. Sometimes you get a load of rowdy people who move into an area and wreck it. It's happened all across the western world and even here in ireland. I believe people call it colonization.

I think it's mainly because there's loads of available housing. Nothing really to do with cost. Waterville is quite pricy compared with the rest of blanch. And will over 50% of the place is non irish. But that's mainly because there's feck loads of businesses around there that actively seek out foreign workers. PayPal, IBM, eBay, symantec etc... And the place is new. As in there was no-one living there before. The older and more established a place is, the less likely you are to find foreigners, or at the very least the lower the number that will be there.
    You are a compassionate man with well thought out reasons,but quite simply,many people have a distrust of muslims due to events like the court case in Birmingham today,and the sentencing last week of 3 men for failed terror plots. It really is as simple as that.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

So when an ultra tolerant society discriminates against a particular group maybe that group should take a long hard look in the mirror. :confused:

I know quite a few right on, tree hugging, love everyone germans and even they break character when it comes certain sections of the turkish community over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭SeanW

Actually, I do. I have no sympathy for the people that attacked you, nor any interest in defending them. None.

I'm just saying though it would be more bizarre if you were attacked and bullied for being too British ... back in Britain. That's the difference.

And yes, I accept your point about the Magdelane laundries because, as I said above, Ireland up to the late 20th century, like many Islamic societies were/are hellholes, and as such I think anyone who is a religious extremist should be encouraged to take a one-way flight to Saudi Arabia, Iran, or indeed the Vatican.
    It's not always the natives fault.
    I'm surprised Nodin thanked this :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Gatling wrote: »
    The weasel words there being "high profile". The stories that are prominently reported say absolutely nothing about the reality of the crimes.

For example, last year a major story in Britain was how an Asian paedophile in Rochdale had groomed young white girls for sex. There was outrage in the media, politicians waded in and countless commentators pontificated on the supposed flaws/problems in both the Asian community and Islam that had allowed this abuse to pass unnoticed.

Yet in the same period a similar ring had been exposed after abusing children for years. But this story passed almost unnoticed and only two papers even bothered to report it. The reason? In this case the perpetrators were white. No story

So if we were to focus on the big "high profile" story and draw conclusions from that alone then it would give a completely skewed image. Because the narrative that the media runs with does not always match reality. And where those distortions are caused by insidious racist assumptions/worldviews then the papers deserve to "hammered".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Edit: The vast majority people just want to get on with their lives, make ends meet and raise their families regardless of their race, colour or nationality.
    Yes, you did. Quite clearly.

Oh did I? Or did I say that MY experiences were positive? There's a difference there, isn't there? I didn't say "all", I talked about my experiences in general terms.

I
    could be wrong here but I don't think the BNP run schools and after-school programmes in the United Kingdom, the U.S. and likely others. Saudi Arabia does, there among other countries, to spread Wahabbism.

I was talking about my experiences as someone who's lived and is living among Muslim populations living in Europe. Let me hear about your fist-hand experiences (and not just one-offs) to justify your distrust?

And what after school programmes are you referring to?

You don't think far right groups such as the BNP, Golden Dawn, Espana 2000 (to name but a few) hold any kind of "out reach" programmes to reach the youth? Are you serious? :confused:
    I resent that!

I don't care.
    Or put it this way: I put it to you that you are only interested in examples of hatred by white people? How do you like that?

**** comeback. You know what my point was. Hatred found among all groups but you're choosing to focus only on Muslims.

No, I just don't have the same experience of sticking my head in the sand the way some multicultural leftists do.

Multicultural leftist? How do you know what my political persuasion is? Did you ask me? I'm talking as someone who's lived outside of Ireland in multicultural communities and who's travelled a bit and has seen the results but if you're going to throw a political persuasion at me like it's an insult, then you're scrapping at the end of the barrel. It's getting old now. Argue with your experiences instead of hyperbole and make it sound like your have a half intelligent argument, please.

Again I will ask you: tell me your experiences of living in a multicultural community and I'll take you seriously.

Bambi wrote: »
    So when an ultra tolerant society discriminates against a particular group maybe that group should take a long hard look in the mirror. :confused:

I know quite a few right on, tree hugging, love everyone germans and even they break character when it comes certain sections of the turkish community over there.

Are you trying to say that if there's endemic racism, it's because the targets deserve it? I'm sure there were many like that in the 1930's too. That still didn't make the night of the broken glass right. And I'm pretty certain the jews didn't deserve it (I know I've Godwined, but it's a thread about racism in Germany. It's allowed).

Or maybe the Tutsis had it coming in rwanda? The blacks had it coming in the deep south?

Can you actually see what's wrong with what you're saying?
    I'm just saying though it would be more bizarre if you were attacked and bullied for being too British ... back in Britain. That's the difference.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry.
    Care to elaborate a bit?
    crockholm wrote: »
    You are a compassionate man with well thought out reasons,but quite simply,many people have a distrust of muslims due to events like the court case in Birmingham today,and the sentencing last week of 3 men for failed terror plots. It really is as simple as that.:(

I don't think it's right but I get it. If a traveller commits a crime, all travellers are to blame. If an arab commits a crime, all arabs are to blame. It's not like these things don't happen in a wider community. And they are not race specific crimes. But I understand that it's very easy for the reputation of an entire group to get tarnished by a few.
    Look at the irish and the IRA. They were a minority. We've all had to bear the stigma of their actions.
    Or irish bankers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Plenty of cons in multicultural Sweden
    It is now the rape capital of Europe

Sweden has the highest incidence of reported rapes in Europe

Or even Brussels , capital of Europe with its 25% muslim population women cant walk down certain streets without being harrased by Muslim men.

Con.

Keep an eye on brussels, 1/3 of its inhabitants are foreign born with a large muslim population.That is what the rest of europe will be like in a few generations. What will it be like when the muslim population is over 50%. Has anybody on the liberal left really thought about that possibility. Will it be good for the non muslims or the original Belgian inhabitants.

woodoo wrote: »
    Keep an eye on brussels, 1/3 of its inhabitants are foreign born with a large muslim population.That is what the rest of europe will be like in a few generations. What will it be like when the muslim population is over 50%. Has anybody on the liberal left really thought about that possibility. Will it be good for the non muslims or the original Belgian inhabitants.

That's been debunked
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/more_or_less/8189434.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8189231.stm

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2009/07/10/why-fears-of-a-muslim-takeover-are-all-wrong.html

Look at the stats throughout europe for gang rapes, they are very rarely carried out by native white europeans.

• Advertisement

Look at the stats throughout europe for gang rapes, they are very rarely carried out by native white europeans.

Dear o dear. We must have had such a sex crime free society before 'de forenners' turned up.

Have you ever visited Brussels? It's a safe, open, friendly, multicultural city. What are you on about? :confused::confused:

I have 5 good friends living there: 2 from my hometown, one from Portugal and one from Benin. I went to my friend's birthday party there a few years ago and there were 20 Irish at it. Brussels is a wonderful, multicultural city that my friends love. One of them hsa recently bought an apartment there. She's the one going out with the fella from Benin. One thing she always comments on is how safe it is and how everyone lives in relative harmony. I visited her a couple of years ago and I felt more threatened walking down O'Connell street in Dublin (nothing to do with the scary MUSLIMS and more to do with the drunken locals) than I did walking home late at night there. Same goes for my predominantly non-European area (with a huge population of Muslims) here in Madrid. Never once have I had any trouble.

It must be shit to be racist, eh? I pity you.

Dear o dear. We must have had such a sex crime free society before 'de forenners' turned up.

Post not even coming close to addressing the issue i mentioned.

Bambi wrote: »

I think you should take a long hard look at the garbage you've posted there.

Unbelievable.

That criminals and rapists are mainly foreign types? I suppose they all carry diseases as well? :rolleyes:

It must be shit to be racist, eh? I pity you.

Ah the old racist comment. You want to make the argument too black and white (excuse the pun).. either for mass immigration and a rapidly changing racial and cultural makeup of society or you're racist.. nothing in between. If you have tired of the thread move on. Don't start with the lazy you're racist rubbish.

What issue? Wheres the stats to back up your claim for starters?

old hippy wrote: »
    That criminals and rapists are mainly foreign types? I suppose they all carry diseases as well? :rolleyes:

Can you not read Gang rapes i said.

Anyway are blacks not overrepresented in prisons in the UK and USA or am i lying

• Advertisement

Ah the old racist comment. You want to make the argument too black and white (excuse the pun).. either for mass immigration and a rapidly changing racial and cultural makeup of society or you're racist.. nothing in between. If you have tired of the thread move on. Don't start with the lazy you're racist rubbish.

Or the lazy "white Europeans don't commit crime" rubbish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement