Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the pros and cons of multiracial multicultural society?

Options
  • 28-04-2013 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭

What do people think are the positives and negatives of a multiracial and multicultural society? With the future of north america and europe looking increasingly multiracial and multicultural how do you think it will pan out? Will it be a utopia or are humans just too tribal for it to work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

woodoo wrote: »
    What do people think are the positives and negatives of a multiracial and multicultural society? With the future of north america and europe looking increasingly multiracial and multicultural how do you think it will pan out? Will it be a utopia or are humans just too tribal for it to work.

People have been on the move and mixing since..well, when people could move!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

As the process of globalisation accelerates on the demand of international big business, which appreciates a docile, servile and mobile labour market, what people may find is that the much-trumpeted benefits of diversity begin to vanish when everywhere starts becoming like everywhere else, with the same high streets with the same shops, and the same mixed population who don't know (or care) who their neighbours are. In other words, too much diversity leads ultimately to monoculture.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

Too many people. Not enough jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,482 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It happened in Brazil and they turned out beautiful. The more multiracial the better IMO. Get rid of all this racial inbreeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

o1s1n wrote: »
    It happened in Brazil and they turned out beautiful. The more multiracial the better IMO. Get rid of all this racial inbreeding.
    "Racial inbreeding"?
    Isn't that racist in itself?
    When you say Brazil turned out beautiful, what do you mean?
    Are you saying we should have multi-culturism so we can all look hot?
    Irregardless of the economic or social side-effects?
    Just so we can all look hot in our shanty towns and ghettoes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Pros:

You can impress people by using chopsticks.

Cons:

You get laughed at for not being able to use chopsticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Positives. We learn more about the human family, culture, language and diversity.

Negatives. It's a governments dream having a high percentage of people living in the country with no native ties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

The main downside is that the Daily Mail will continue to exist and have an audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So where has multicultural worked
    Look at the UK large areas of non national's ghetto's nobody actually want to integrate to English /British society you hear about racism but media at afraid to report when the racism is coming from immigrants ,

Canada its supposed to be most successful but they had tight immigration control ,
    The Europe way is deeply flawed ,
    Those pro multiculturalism don't know how to implement it ,
    Those against are just considered racist

o1s1n wrote: »
    It happened in Brazil and they turned out beautiful.

Yes. Every last one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭kuntboy

DEY TUK UR JABS!

Never quite got that one though. Is it supposed to mean that anyone who (rightly) stated that immigrants were undercutting or taking their jobs, is a racist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

"Racial inbreeding"?

Have you not seen this guy or this girl before??

Dunno about you but I would sex ALL over them!

1ZRed wrote: »
    Have you not seen this guy or this girl before??

Dunno about you but I would sex ALL over them!

I repeat: Yes. Every last one of them.
    They have 200 million people, with a new one born every nine seconds. Some of them are going to be pretty. Lots are not. Just like everywhere else. Also, beauty is subjective. I wouldn't 'sex all over' at least one of those two you mentioned, and I imagine neither would the vast majority of people.

I repeat: Yes. Every last one of them.
    They have 200 million people, with a new one born every nine seconds. Some of them are going to be pretty. Lots are not. Just like everywhere else. Also, beauty is subjective. I wouldn't 'sex all over' at least one of those two you mentioned, and I imagine neither would the vast majority of people.

Jaysus, I wonder why?

Missing out! :pac:

Jaysus, I wonder why?

Missing out! :pac:

Because, as I said, beauty is subjective, and I feel no attraction to one of them. Just like the vast majority of people.

kuntboy wrote: »
    DEY TUK UR JABS!

Never quite got that one though. Is it supposed to mean that anyone who (rightly) stated that immigrants were undercutting or taking their jobs, is a racist?

Sorry but, what?

What page are you reading? :confused:

Because, as I said, beauty is subjective, and I feel no attraction to one of them. Just like the vast majority of people.

Because you're heterosexual I assume. It's kind of a pic and mix situation we've goin on here, you don't have to be greedy and want all of them, just the ones you like ;)

Because you're heterosexual I assume. It's kind of a pic and mix situation we've goin on here, you don't have to be greedy and want all of them, just the ones you like ;)

How many of the Brazilians I linked to did YOU like?
    As I also said, because there's 200 million of them, it's easy to cherrypick.

How many of the Brazilians I linked to did YOU like?
    As I also said, because there's 200 million of them, it's easy to cherrypick.

Easy to cheery pick the bad ones to help make your point as well

But that's beside the point. I thought each one was beautiful in their own way

Easy to cheery pick the bad ones to help make your point as well

But that's beside the point. I thought each one was beautiful in their own way

The thread is about "multiracial multicultural society", not "whatever your having yourself"

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    The thread is about "multiracial multicultural society", not "whatever your having yourself"

Exactly. If one of the alleged benefits of multiculturalism is that we will all become one super-beautiful race, then there are plenty of ugly Brazilians out there to disprove that thesis.

Chucken wrote: »

But is that not multiracial multiculturalism? Having whatever ever you want yourself because it doesn't matter. It's all good isn't it Chucken?

But is that not multiracial multiculturalism? Having whatever ever you want yourself because it doesn't matter. It's all good isn't it Chucken?

No, that's not multiracial multiculturalism.
    Multiculturalism is an increasingly discredited ideology which espouses the notion that widely different cultures can co-exist peaceably and to the benefit of all. It developed in contrast to the previous 'melting pot' model of integration and assimilation that governed much immigration prior to the latter half of the 20th century.
    Because multiculturalism advocates the idea of plural cultures existing alongside each other, it isn't a case of 'whatever you want yourself' increasingly, because the wants of one culture often clash with the wants of another. This has led, in some instances to things like Sharia advocates doing vigilante patrols on the streets of London, looking to punish gay people or public drinkers.

No, that's not multiracial multiculturalism.
    Multiculturalism is an increasingly discredited ideology which espouses the notion that widely different cultures can co-exist peaceably and to the benefit of all. It developed in contrast to the previous 'melting pot' model of integration and assimilation that governed much immigration prior to the latter half of the 20th century.
    Because multiculturalism advocates the idea of plural cultures existing alongside each other, it isn't a case of 'whatever you want yourself' increasingly, because the wants of one culture often clash with the wants of another. This has led, in some instances to things like Sharia advocates doing vigilante patrols on the streets of London, looking to punish gay people or public drinkers.
    Oh, you thought I was being serious?

Wanted to get a bit of a rise but didn't expect to get that much sand in your vagina and for you to get worked up about it :p

Oh, you thought I was being serious?

I think you were, actually. It seemed rather evident you didn't understand the terms being discussed, given that your posts all referred to how many Brazilians you wanted to bang.

I think you were, actually. It seemed rather evident you didn't understand the terms being discussed, given that your posts all referred to how many Brazilians you wanted to bang.

Well think what you like tbh. My posts were pisstakes, whether you want to believe it or not

Well think what you like tbh. My posts were pisstakes, whether you want to believe it or not

Aw. Now who's got the sandy knickers, eh?

Aw. Now who's got the sandy knickers, eh?

It's the price to pay after you drop the hand after you've sorted yourself out mate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Pro: hot foreign chicks.

Con: foreign people are sh*te drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Pro: hot foreign chicks.

Con: foreign people are sh*te drivers.

To be fair, Irish people are ****e drivers. I think about 1 in 4 know how to use an indicator.
    "Racial inbreeding"?

Because having people from outside your shallow gene pool = Shandy town and poverty.

This is going to turn into one of those threads where people start saying irelands going to have ghetto's etc...
    There were large parts of dublin that were sh1tholes before the boom and it was all irish people. They're still sh1tholes and have some foreigners in them. I'm fed up with people making up stories about how polish people live 15 to a two bedroomed flat. Or there used to be fish and swans in the canal before they turned up.
    Although to be fair, I know of one woman who had this darling child until the foreigners turned up. Then the kid turned into a bastard. I think they sneaked in and took the child in the night and swapped him for one of their own. Her cows stopped producing milk the next day. And then her left eye fell out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement