Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's The longest you have gone without sex

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Some people aren't so immature that they give a shìte how many people a person has slept with before them.

Well it all depends on the age of the women, I mean if you have a 20 year old that's been with 10 blokes well then that's way to much for me and it'd bother me but if she was say 28 well then it wouldn't be so bad. Might be shallow but that's it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Boofle wrote: »
    Just wondering that's all. . . . When I was younger any girl who was known for sleeping around a lot was referred to as "the town bike" but there didn't seem to be an equivalent term for guys?!

Cycling Enthusiast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭illuma

carzony wrote: »
    Well it all depends on the age of the women, I mean if you have a 20 year old that's been with 10 blokes well then that's way to much for me and it'd bother me but if she was say 28 well then it wouldn't be so bad. Might be shallow but that's it lol

10 blokes is 10 blokes. You could shag 2 people and get an infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Nah carzony you'll get no argument out of me- different strokes for different folks and all that (I always found it ironic anyone calling someone else judgemental for their opinion, lol, as if they couldn't see the irony!), but all that would matter to me personally is who that person is with right now as opposed to who or how many they were with.

Quality, I've found in my experience, bears no relation to quantity. A person could be as you put it "the village bike" or a "cycling enthusiast", and STILL be shìte in bed, the opposite of that then could be said for persons who would be only having sex for the first time.

No two sexual experiences are ever the same, and it all depends on the people involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Quality, I've found in my experience, bears no relation to quantity. A person could be as you put it "the village bike" or a "cycling enthusiast", and STILL be shìte in bed

Friend of mine slept with a guy who was purported to have slept about 300 girls.
    She said she mostly did it out of curiosity as he wasn't really that interesting to her otherwise.
    She said he was pretty poor in bed in the end and she was quite disappointed. We all thought it was funny. Sleeping with 300 people once each doesn't teach you as much as 300 times spead over say 5 partners. Learning what floats their boat, give and take and so on.

Not to mention 300 sounds like a lie to me...
    lie laid what ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

4 years :(. Before that, it was two years and before that it was 21 years. I need to change this pattern. Not good, not good at all :(.

kiffer wrote: »
    Friend of mine slept with a guy who was purported to have slept about 300 girls.
    She said she mostly did it out of curiosity as he wasn't really that interesting to her otherwise.
    She said he was pretty poor in bed in the end and she was quite disappointed. We all thought it was funny. Sleeping with 300 people once each doesn't teach you as much as 300 times spead over say 5 partners. Learning what floats their boat, give and take and so on.

lie laid what ever.

Jesus, To me if true that's just disgusting even if he is a man. I'd consider him desperate

I used to know a fella who was popular with the women but he seemed only interested in other mens girlfriends, He got sacked for shagging a guys wife in the office, has about 6 kids for a few different women and refused to support any of them, However, I know he was abandoned by his mother as a baby so he obviousally has issues..

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    4 years . Before that, it was two years and before that it was 21 years. I need to change this pattern. Not good, not good at all .

I'm young and have not had very much sexual experiences but i'm kinda proud of the fact that i'm inexperienced, Past girlfriend have liked me more because they considered me 'innocent' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Kichote

Boofle wrote: »
    Just wondering that's all. . . . When I was younger any girl who was known for sleeping around a lot was referred to as "the town bike" but there didn't seem to be an equivalent term for guys?!

You should have invented your own term

I'm young and have not had very much sexual experiences but i'm kinda proud of the fact that i'm inexperienced, Past girlfriend have liked me more because they considered me 'innocent' :D

Good for you but I don't like being inexperienced. I want to be good in bed and I imagine being good comes from having experience which comes from 'doing it' a lot. I was having a conversation with my little sister who has an active sex life and she said, "You don't want to be in a situation where the sex is only good because of the novelty. You want whomever you have sex with to want to do it again because you had moves." I didn't ask what she meant by moves but I want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Kichote

Good for you but I don't like being inexperienced. I want to be good in bed and I imagine being good comes from having experience which comes from 'doing it' a lot. I was having a conversation with my little sister who has an active sex life and she said, "You don't want to be in a situation where the sex is only good because of the novelty. You want whomever you have sex with to want to do it again because you had moves." I didn't ask what she meant by moves but I want them.

You'll be grand sure. No need to worry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Current drought is a year and a bit. Not even so much as a signpost in this desert! Come to think of it I'd probably find the signpost 'sexy' I'm goin mad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Experience for becoming good in bed is only applicable to casual encounters. In a relationship, it's not experience that matters, it's the chemistry you have with the other person and being able to communicate to them what you like, and vice versa; being in tune with each other's "zones" and so on.

For hetero people, ok the male and female body are different, but there are bits that "mirror" each other too. If you like having something done to a particular part, chances are your partner will too, to their equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 boru36

Id love a ride

lie laid what ever.

I understand experience is important but my point is there is no need to go over the top lol. I mean you can be good in bed and only have ever slept with 2 people doesn't mean you should sleep with loads of women just because you don't wanna be inexperienced.. An example of what i'm talking about was in a post i'v quoted.. A guy whos slept with 300 women and is still rubbish in bed..

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shankly88

3 and a half years. haven't had sex since splitting with my 4 and a half year olds mother. Not bothered it by it at all. He lives with me full time and tbh i dont want sex till i'm in another relationship or dating a girl for a while. it sounds weird but id feel dirty if i came home the next day to him after having a one night stand.

Experience for becoming good in bed is only applicable to casual encounters. In a relationship, it's not experience that matters, it's the chemistry you have with the other person and being able to communicate to them what you like, and vice versa; being in tune with each other's "zones" and so on.

For hetero people, ok the male and female body are different, but there are bits that "mirror" each other too. If you like having something done to a particular part, chances are your partner will too, to their equivalent.

:confused: As in I will likely end up with someone who shares my sexual tastes?

:/
    Communication is the key in pretty much all good relationships.
    If you can talk about your sexual tastes with partners you will find people who share your tastes and people who don't...
    Inexperience is less of a problem than thinking you're God's gift... be willing to learn, relax and talk.

You can't go far wrong with the basics which are pretty much hardwired, and a willingness to listen.

Do you think experience gives you some magic formula? Or secret moves like the super inverse gobbling fishes from the lost pages of the Karmasutra?

:/
    Communication is the key in pretty much all good relationships.
    If you can talk about your sexual tastes with partners you will find people who share your tastes and people who don't...
    Inexperience is less of a problem than thinking you're God's gift... be willing to learn, relax and talk.

You can't go far wrong with the basics which are pretty much hardwired, and a willingness to listen.

Do you think experience gives you some magic formula? Or secret moves like the super inverse gobbling fishes from the lost pages of the Karmasutra?

Having lots of experience could be a bad thing, It could mean you over confident and that's not gonna end well... well atleast not for her :p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Good for you but I don't like being inexperienced. I want to be good in bed and I imagine being good comes from having experience which comes from 'doing it' a lot.

It comes from being able to feel relaxed with the person you're with, thereby letting your imagination take the wheel for a bit while your conscious thoughts take a back seat in your mind. Like I said earlier Itwasntme- quantity is never a good barometer for quality.

I was having a conversation with my little sister who has an active sex life and she said, "You don't want to be in a situation where the sex is only good because of the novelty. You want whomever you have sex with to want to do it again because you had moves." I didn't ask what she meant by moves but I want them.

Next time you're talking to her, tell your sister she was talking through her pert but perfectly formed bum hole (Nothing quite like the back handed compliment! :D). Anyone who talks about "moves" has no passion, no imagination, and because they only stick to a set routine, they form their own comfort zone and a false impression of how good they are in bed (self praise... yada yada), anything outside their comfort zone can throw them off their stride something woeful, causing them to reject and project- "Oh they were shìt because I know for a fact I'm hot shìt in bed with my moves!").

I think FF means with a ONS there's an emphasis moreso on technique (or "the moves") than the chemistry you have in a relationship with the person where you're both relaxed and you know each other far more intimately so everything feels more natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Do the moves really matter or does experience mean something. Quality is better than quantity is it not?? Level of experience can vary, you could been with lots of people and not be great been with a few and you be a good lover.

I agree on the chemistry thing its has to be there. Fancying someone isn't enough there has to be a connection there for it to happen at all I think. Some people are different they can do it with or without attachment/bond whether it means something or not. Most importantly if its natural and feels right and you happy with the decision. Over thinking it can make or break it from happening but if its what you want to do there and then that's fine. As long as your safe and happy with the person you are with and its not just as a desire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

3 or 4 months both times my wife was pregnant.

osarusan wrote: »
    3 or 4 months both times my wife was pregnant.

Well you wouldn't want her to get double pregnant...

It comes from being able to feel relaxed with the person you're with, thereby letting your imagination take the wheel for a bit while your conscious thoughts take a back seat in your mind.

This this and this 100 times this. And this.

Edit: This.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

The best part of 18 years. Been a while now, too.

The thing about moves is that (in this context) they are innately known and as Czarcasm said, the conscious mind just has to be eroded enough for you to feel them through the bull****. Basically imagine you are blind, and your partner is blind. Imagine all preoccupations about someone else's eyes being on your body (if you are insecure which 99% people are even if they are not conscious of it). So you are both blind and basically have to feel your way around, I'd say that'd have a pretty good result. Also surrendering, not in a submissive sense but in a loving sense could be quite a powerful... tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭50SofG

i went almost two years, not by choice, wife was stressed at the time, (for better for worse)to long without sex is not good for a man...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

This is true, however even within the confines of casual encounters, one person could think you're great in bed and another could think you're crap. Sometimes you just don't click and everybody has their off days. I remember having a casual encounter with a girl a few years ago where we ended up at her place. She took out a particular brand of condoms which were ribbed. I don't like the ribbed ones because I find it difficult to cum with them, but it was great for her because I was able to last a lot longer than I usually would, and she commented on my stamina afterwards.

There are other factors too like how much you've had to drink and how horny you are. If I hadn't masterbated in a long time and then had sex, it would be over pretty quickly and the person would probably think I'm crap.

Advertisement