Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's The longest you have gone without sex

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Apart from 24 years ( :( ), about 5 years ( :( ).

I always feel like throwing something at the telly when on sitcoms someone mentions they haven't "got any" in a few months, and people recoil in horror. 6 months? Pffff.... amateur..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

About a year. Didn't bother me too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

Currently 10 months. My last lay was with an American girl who was visiting here last summer. I have a date planned for Saturday though, and it looks promising.

There are a lot more involuntary celibates out there than some people think. And you don't have to be hideously ugly and socially inept to become one either. It is technically easier to get laid now than it's ever been in the past, but it's a small percentage of men who are having all or most of the fun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Pug160 wrote: »
    It is technically easier to get laid now than it's ever been in the past, but it's a small percentage of men who are having all or most of the fun.
    *waves* Booyah! *smug*

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    *waves* Booyah! *smug*

I'd say you get as much sexual activity as the Sex & Sexuality forum gets activity in general. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

22 years.
    I'm 22 years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

8 months by choice a few years back. It's not that big a deal, I found it pretty easy actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Back when Liverpool were still competing for the league title. That long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

17.5 years and then
    I lost my cherry.
    I thought everyone would know about it - by looking at me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kuhnt Pounder

Not long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Derpington95

Almost four years. I didn't miss it at all. And the best part was I didn't have to shave my legs for all that time :cool:
    The meaning behind your username makes so much more sense now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Not THAT long, thanks to the inflatable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Jack Lumber

2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

24 years 359 days

I'd say it has more of an impact on men as women value sex in relationships a lot more. As a man you just want to get laid, whether it's casual or otherwise. Even a successful male player I know struggles to hold on to any of the girls because very very few of them just want casual sex. Massive differences in attitudes between the sexes in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I'd say it has more of an impact on men as women value sex in relationships a lot more.

You seriously do start to feel desperate and I suppose unwanted, It's actually quite sad :o I do know a few friends going through dry spells to so that kinda helps

Almost 8 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'd say it has more of an impact on men as women value sex in relationships a lot more. As a man you just want to get laid, whether it's casual or otherwise. Even a successful male player I know struggles to hold on to any of the girls because very very few of them just want casual sex. Massive differences in attitudes between the sexes in this regard.

Nah, that's all bullsh1t. Women are not necessarily the perfect little relationship queens I would have thought they were a few years back. There is a far far higher percentage up for just a few shags than we credit them for. And there are far more guys that won't shag unless going out with a girl than you think. The Stereotype holds very little weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Bollocks. And I'm a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's funny the way these threads are listed,The longest you've gone without sex,First date nerves,Funny one night stands & Rape.

Put them together and it's like a bizzarre novel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

pfffffft

Nah, that's all bullsh1t. Women are not necessarily the perfect little relationship queens I would have thought they were a few years back. There is a far far higher percentage up for just a few shags than we credit them for. And there are far more guys that won't shag unless going out with a girl than you think. The Stereotype holds very little weight.
    I'm not saying there are no women who are up for casual sex. But from what I have seen and experienced, even the ones who are up for it quickly indicate that they want more or go on a date with someone they think might want a relationship. One of my friends who goes through a lot of women has told me that he cannot hold onto any of them to save his life. He says that in the past two years he has gone through a lot of women but only has one permanent casual relationship. It holds lots of weight as I have seen this happen time and time again over the years.
    Bollocks. And I'm a woman.
    Tell me why it's bollocks.

Tell me why it's bollocks.

I couldn't be arsed. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Why does there have to be a pre-determined time?! Those who focus on it don't get it in my experience.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I couldn't be arsed. Sorry.
    Wellllll... to be fair, while there are certainly women who "just want a shag" and women who have periods of time where they just want that and their are men who only want it in the context of a relationship, in very general terms your average woman is less likely to engage in reproductively risky behaviour. Makes sense as they run the risk of pregnancy, whereas men don't(though can be affected by the fallout of course). Yes contraception has changed the landscape and made for more sexual and reproductive choice in this regard for women, the biology still has a loud enough voice.

There can be broad gender diffs in this area. EG Take the "Friendzone" that blokes often moan about(though they usually put themselves in it). The state where they stick around offering emotional and practical support, but with little or nothing of the sexual component they desire(though it may be a carrot dangled in some cases). Though it does occur in women it's much rarer. More women are to be found in what I like to call "Bonkzone"(tm) (C)Wibbs. This is the opposite side of the same coin, where they offer a sexual component, but get little or nothing of the emotional support(though again it may be a carrot dangled in some cases). Both are offering up something valuable hoping to get something they desire, but from different angles and both are usually disappointed in the end.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Wibbs wrote: »
    Wellllll... to be fair, while there are certainly women who "just want a shag" and women who have periods of time where they just want that and their are men who only want it in the context of a relationship, in very general terms your average woman is less likely to engage in reproductively risky behaviour. Makes sense as they run the risk of pregnancy, whereas men don't(though can be affected by the fallout of course). Yes contraception has changed the landscape and made for more sexual and reproductive choice in this regard for women, the biology still has a loud enough voice.

There can be broad gender diffs in this area. EG Take the "Friendzone" that blokes often moan about(though they usually put themselves in it). The state where they stick around offering emotional and practical support, but with little or nothing of the sexual component they desire(though it may be a carrot dangled in some cases). Though it does occur in women it's much rarer. More women are to be found in what I like to call "Bonkzone"(tm) (C)Wibbs. This is the opposite side of the same coin, where they offer a sexual component, but get little or nothing of the emotional support(though again it may be a carrot dangled in some cases). Both are offering up something valuable hoping to get something they desire, but from different angles and both are usually disappointed in the end.

Agreed

There are so many generalisations made about both sexes.
    There are women who just want sex, no relationship.
    Just the same as there are men who want this.

Likewise, there are men who are very relationship orientated and could be considered just as "clingy" as certain women in that regard.

edit: as per OP..... a couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

About 5/6months

My experience has been the opposite to what you're stating. Women I know just don't talk about it as much. I don't discuss this stuff with my female friends at all. I'd never in a million years tell anyone and everyone how many men I've slept with but many men wear it as a badge of honour.

There can be broad gender diffs in this area. EG Take the "Friendzone" that blokes often moan about(though they usually put themselves in it). The state where they stick around offering emotional and practical support, but with little or nothing of the sexual component they desire(though it may be a carrot dangled in some cases).
    Usually the friendzone fella talk about how much they want a relationship with the girl though beyond just sex though, no? At least that's the impression I get from here on Boards.

Though it does occur in women it's much rarer. More women are to be found in what I like to call "Bonkzone"(tm) (C)Wibbs. This is the opposite side of the same coin, where they offer a sexual component, but get little or nothing of the emotional support(though again it may be a carrot dangled in some cases). Both are offering up something valuable hoping to get something they desire, but from different angles and both are usually disappointed in the end.
    How can you say that with any confidence though? That's only been your experience. I think things have changed an awful lot in that regard. In my own personal experience, I've known more women than fellas who've (as you say) "bonkzoned" guys who wanted more. I've been bonkzoned but I've also partook in some bonkzoning (but making it very clear to the guy what the craic was).

Now I do agree that women are more inclined for this to happen to them but I'd also say it's young women and men that complain of being "friendzoned" are usually young guys.

As a woman in her 30s, I'm talking from the perspective of women who don't hold such romantic attachments to sex anymore and have had enough experiences of it to know better. The romantic ****e knocked into us by Hollywood (for example) has been knocked out of us through our twenties. There was a time I was like that and presumed a man sleeping with me meant he liked me as a person until I lived a bit and realised that wasn't necessarily the case.

I often find when these generalisations are made about genders that they're often referring to young adults (early twenties) and I can never relate.

Women, generally speaking, have a lot more opportunities than men to have a ONS and a lot of women avail of that. I know myself that I can completely distance myself emotionally from sex and have done and perhaps it's just the women I know but I know many like me. Again I believe it's down to our age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

15.4 years
    or a couple of months depending on your meaning

Advertisement