Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's The longest you have gone without sex

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Over the last few years maybe a week.I'm a hot piece of ass...

...with a girlfriend who does it just to shut me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Czarcasm wrote: »
    and I personally never found self service any substitute for sex tbh.

I think, for men, nothing beats the "hug" a penis gets from a lovely warm vagina. :pac:

For me, and probably other woman, self-love is usually much more satisfying than ONS sex, as ONS dude likely won't know how to get you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Longest was about 7 months :(

Currently it's been 7 weeks :(

Unlucky number slevin :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I've heard that rumour too but in the two courses I attended there was only one specimen, she was much older and pregnant. There were maybe thirty or so people in each class. The company I work for is an all male environment. Obviously I'm not implying that females aren't able to do this work, they're equally capable of it, just that the courses I studied attracted less of them, the years above and below were equally barren.

Antar with all due respect but you're talking crazy talk, I'm working in IT 25 years and at one point was senior development engineer in a large multi-national heading a team of 12 female software developers (I was allowed pick my own team, during interviews guys thought I was only interested in hearing about their gaming rig hardware and didn't get the fact that I didn't want anyone with an elitist attitude, full stop. I took on one guy but he didn't work out).

I have a fcukload of outdated degrees in software engineering, computer science and mathematics, business and finance, and engineering, and at 36 I'm a dinosaur in terms of IT. None of those educational qualifications are worth the paper they're written on, so I'm constantly upskilling to keep my head in the game, plus the fact I'm passionate about people educating themselves, so what better way to encourage them than to put my money where my mouth is so to speak.

On the courses I've done, and the courses I'm doing now, there are plenty of women, and in case you think I'm blowing smoke up your tailpipe, I can PM you the linkedin profile of a friend of mine who's older than me and she recently landed a role as a java developer in one of the top universities in the country. I can also send you the linkedin profile of a guy who delivers organic veg to my door every week, the guy left Oracle to set up his own organic veg Company and he's making a great success at it.

I tie in with both people in the university and the IT college down here and there are like I said, scores of girls doing courses that 20 years ago when I was doing them were very much as you say male dominated. That's not the case any more, not by a long shot Antar.

I don't see the point of partaking in something I don't enjoy and actively makes me uncomfortable. It's not like I don't get out, I often go to instrumental performances, though not as often as I'd like to due to the distances involved, and regularly go jogging.

Antar there's shìt all the time that people do that makes them uncomfortable, it's called challenging yourself and how overcoming those challenges increases your confidence. I'm still a long way shy of being where I want to be in terms of personal development, but over the years I've met some incredible and inspirational people that I never would have met if I'd just stuck within my comfort zone and only done what I wanted to do.

The pariah remark was a tongue firmly in cheek response to the many question marks by King Size Mars Bar, I don't view myself that way nor do I believe others do. I didn't make that post as a woe is me statement and heavily debated with myself before posting at all. My morbid curiosity won out.

Antar it sure as hell reads as a "woe is me" post, much like the one above, even down to the last line there about how you say you were proven right. Your post wasn't completely pointless however, it showed there are still elitist attitudes out there in the world of typically male dominated career paths, but that I can tell you is definitely not the way things are headed for the future.

Companies like Microsoft are now recognising the importance of creativity and are struggling against the creative forces that are Google, Apple, Facebook, I could go on, but the point being you can teach any idiot the technical stuff, but unless they have the creative talent and the people skills first, you're at nothing and your company is dead in the water.

The days of Dilbert and the BOFH huddled away in isolation are long gone I'm afraid (thank fcuk!) and in order to progress and develop even as a person, you have to put yourself out there more. It's still a concept I myself struggle with on a daily basis Antar as a self employed IT consultant and my marketing consultant friend (also female btw) kills me for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Yup I agree, like crying myself to sleep with loneliness each night is totally my own choice.
    Nah, becoming single and not bothering with sex with randomers for a while is totally a choice.
    I have a casual encounter now and again - self-love isn't enough all the time, but neither of them come anywhere near the experience of it with someone you're in love with/in really intense lust with. And for many who have experienced that, they're just not particularly bothered until they have it again (hopefully!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Madam_X wrote: »
    Nah, becoming single and not bothering with sex with randomers for a while is totally a choice.
    For you it's a choice.
    For others it may not be.

At best the choice is whether or not to be upset about the fact you're involuntarily not getting any from anywhere.
    I have a casual encounter now and again - self-love isn't enough all the time, but neither of them come anywhere near the experience of it with someone you're in love with/in really intense lust with. And for many who have experienced that, they're just not particularly bothered until they have it again (hopefully!)
    ^^^ after years of serial monogamy I'm not sure I could really enjoy a ONS I'd be all over the shop trying to figure out what would get her really going and just not have any fun or I'd just go to town for my own ends and spend the next day worried about my performance...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭mosstin

Back when Liverpool were still competing for the league title. That long!

With that rapier-like wit it's a surprise they're not queueing down the block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

kiffer wrote: »
    For you it's a choice.
    For others it may not be.
    Yeh I should have phrased that as "can totally be a choice".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I can't help but feel bitter at those who are saying "omg a few months poor thing :(" etc.

I'm a horrible person, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PrincessPreach

Madam_X wrote: »
    Yeh I should have phrased that as "can totally be a choice".

I don't think fat/ugly girls have a choice whenever they want though. Girls like me can get slammed on the reg because I get a lot of attention from men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I don't think fat/ugly girls have a choice whenever they want though. Girls like me can get slammed on the reg because I get a lot of attention from men.

Is it because you're so eloquent?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Pics or gtfo !

PrincessPreach you'd be very much mistaken if you think that's the case. There's somebody for everybody and there's even more for some people is all! :D

Fat girls can get just as much "slamming on the reg" (feel free to slap me if I ever use that phrase again! :D) as their slimmer and perhaps less aesthetically challenged counterparts.

It all depends on what you find attractive really, I get what you're saying, but in my experience it pretty much evens itself out.

My wife for instance would be the same as you, and she doesn't get the concept at all either that fat girls could ever be attractive, but that's only because it doesn't jig with her particular taste, whereas for me, well, it still perplexes my wife that I could find girls twice her size attractive!

I've spent sixteen years trying to explain it to her, I don't think there's much point in me trying to explain it to you in sixteen minutes, you'll just have to take my word for it that fat girls can get sex just as handy as slim girls.

Antar with all due respect but you're talking crazy talk, I'm working in IT 25 years and at one point was senior development engineer in a large multi-national heading a team of 12 female software developers (I was allowed pick my own team, during interviews guys thought I was only interested in hearing about their gaming rig hardware and didn't get the fact that I didn't want anyone with an elitist attitude, full stop. I took on one guy but he didn't work out).

I have a fcukload of outdated degrees in software engineering, computer science and mathematics, business and finance, and engineering, and at 36 I'm a dinosaur in terms of IT. None of those educational qualifications are worth the paper they're written on, so I'm constantly upskilling to keep my head in the game, plus the fact I'm passionate about people educating themselves, so what better way to encourage them than to put my money where my mouth is so to speak.

On the courses I've done, and the courses I'm doing now, there are plenty of women, and in case you think I'm blowing smoke up your tailpipe, I can PM you the linkedin profile of a friend of mine who's older than me and she recently landed a role as a java developer in one of the top universities in the country. I can also send you the linkedin profile of a guy who delivers organic veg to my door every week, the guy left Oracle to set up his own organic veg Company and he's making a great success at it.

I tie in with both people in the university and the IT college down here and there are like I said, scores of girls doing courses that 20 years ago when I was doing them were very much as you say male dominated. That's not the case any more, not by a long shot Antar.

Antar there's shìt all the time that people do that makes them uncomfortable, it's called challenging yourself and how overcoming those challenges increases your confidence. I'm still a long way shy of being where I want to be in terms of personal development, but over the years I've met some incredible and inspirational people that I never would have met if I'd just stuck within my comfort zone and only done what I wanted to do.

Antar it sure as hell reads as a "woe is me" post, much like the one above, even down to the last line there about how you say you were proven right. Your post wasn't completely pointless however, it showed there are still elitist attitudes out there in the world of typically male dominated career paths, but that I can tell you is definitely not the way things are headed for the future.

Companies like Microsoft are now recognising the importance of creativity and are struggling against the creative forces that are Google, Apple, Facebook, I could go on, but the point being you can teach any idiot the technical stuff, but unless they have the creative talent and the people skills first, you're at nothing and your company is dead in the water.

The days of Dilbert and the BOFH huddled away in isolation are long gone I'm afraid (thank fcuk!) and in order to progress and develop even as a person, you have to put yourself out there more. It's still a concept I myself struggle with on a daily basis Antar as a self employed IT consultant and my marketing consultant friend (also female btw) kills me for it.

Jaysus, leave the guy alone.

Girls like me can get slammed on the reg because I get a lot of attention from men.
    My wife for instance would be the same as you, and she doesn't get the concept at all either that fat girls could ever be attractive, but that's only because it doesn't jig with her particular taste, whereas for me, well, it still perplexes my wife that I could find girls twice her size attractive!

Charming, both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Chop Chop

It's been 5 days and I have a horn that could bate a donkey out of a sandpit. I have already had a spank in the shower. The Missus is walking around the house teasing me with her yummy body.

I need to sink the banana now.....

Jaysus, leave the guy alone.

April I wasn't attacking Antar personally, I couldn't care less if he had never had sex and decided to remain celibate the rest of his life, I was taking issue with the fact that he was perpetuating the myth that not only are there no opportunities for girls in IT, but that very few of them ever take advantage of these opportunities.

Posters can disagree on issues all the time, and just because Antar has chosen to remain celibate, should not make his misguided opinions immune from constructive criticism.

April I wasn't attacking Antar personally, I couldn't care less if he had never had sex and decided to remain celibate the rest of his life, I was taking issue with the fact that he was perpetuating the myth that not only are there no opportunities for girls in IT, but that very few of them ever take advantage of these opportunities.

Many engineering and computer courses are male-heavy, that's seems to be all he was saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Posters can disagree on issues all the time, and just because Antar has chosen to remain celibate, should not make his misguided opinions immune from constructive criticism.

In fairness, you did go on a bit. All he was saying was that there were no women working/studying with him (which is the important bit considering the topic of the title....it's not about women in IT), not that there were no women in that industry at all. I'd say give it a rest now.

I suppose a kiss and make up is out of the question? Group hug then? :D

*runs away* :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I don't think attractiveness is all that relevant tbh, when I think of the girls I know who are riding rings around themselves they aren't exactly drop dead gorgeous, they're just up for it.

Equally I know lots of average looking folk in relationships and of my single lady friends here in Canada, they're also the most attractive. The "I can't believe you're single" brigade. Because they choose to be and the endless attention from men, while a bit of an ego boost, won't amount to a string of hook ups coz that's not what they're into.

It's not an attractiveness thing, it's an attitude thing. If you want to get laid as a woman, you can more times than not get laid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lizwex88

Weeks at a time, not by choice!.......and that's with a boyfriend! Not always the woman who has a low libido! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lizwex88

Weeks at a time, not by choice!.......and that's with a boyfriend! Not always the woman who has a low libido! :P

beks101 wrote: »
    I don't think attractiveness is all that relevant tbh, when I think of the girls I know who are riding rings around themselves they aren't exactly drop dead gorgeous, they're just up for it.

Equally I know lots of average looking folk in relationships and of my single lady friends here in Canada, they're also the most attractive. The "I can't believe you're single" brigade. Because they choose to be and the endless attention from men, while a bit of an ego boost, won't amount to a string of hook ups coz that's not what they're into.

It's not an attractiveness thing, it's an attitude thing. If you want to get laid as a woman, you can more times than not get laid.

The bolded bits exactly, and it's the exact same for guys, if you want to get laid as a guy, you can more times than not get laid.

beks just says it better :D

*limbos back out under the door* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

lizwex88 wrote: »

Poor dear, hope you know who his boyfriend is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭elefant

I glimpsed the thread title, and saw 'What's the longest you have gone without tea'.

There's something wrong with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Girls like me can get slammed on the reg because I get a lot of attention from men.

Now that sounds like a fiesty women, I like that ;) How you doin? :p

elefant wrote: »
    I glimpsed the thread title, and saw 'What's the longest you have gone without tea'.

There's something wrong with me.

I wish that's what it did say, I could live without tea no problem :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Longest? Almost 5 years. And that was after not even starting to get jiggy until I was 27!

I currently stand at 18 months without sex after my last one night stand. That is not even a long stretch for me, tbh. I don't have the worlds greatest track record with men or relationships.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

8 months currently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

without sex for about 15 years. without tea about a day.

Advertisement