Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

JDxtra wrote: »
    Getting a carrier on 88.1 this evening.

This went off later on. Clean strong carrier with stereo, my guess is that this was for Christmas FM.

Christmas FM with audio on 99.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Christmas FM with audio on 99.5.

It's a bit early isn't it. Must be just a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Heard Retro Now on 107.1 today. They must have moved off 105.2 due to Christmas FM about to start testing.

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »
    Heard Retro Now on 107.1 today. They must have moved off 105.2 due to Christmas FM about to start testing.

Yea heard it last night, very weak signal, I thought the Club FM guys where due back there shortly?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Bubbles2020

castle2012 wrote: »
    Yea heard it last night, very weak signal, I thought the Club FM guys where due back there shortly?.

Club FM have been off air a good while now. They can’t expect the frequency to stay open for them forever. Someone else was always going to jump on it.

Club FM have been off air a good while now. They can’t expect the frequency to stay open for them forever. Someone else was always going to jump on it.

Bubbles: As far as I am aware Club Fm where due to return this weekend. Can't see them been happy with retro jumping on the weekend they announce it online.

Carrier on 94.3. Chill FM on 87.6 and Retro on 92.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Bubbles: As far as I am aware Club Fm where due to return this weekend. Can't see them been happy with retro jumping on the weekend they announce it online.

You mean RetroNow - that's important as there is a very different station called Retro FM!

Retro FM getting a relay on 94.3. Also managed to catch a bit of The 90s Network on 98.4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Just Power on FM today in Cork, 9-10 stations on FreeDAB

You mean RetroNow - that's important as there is a very different station called Retro FM!

Declan I wasn't aware there is a Retro Fm thanks, yes I am referring to Retro Now. I must say they must have a terrible tx site as the signal is so poor.

Declan I wasn't aware there is a Retro Fm thanks, yes I am referring to Retro Now. I must say they must have a terrible tx site as the signal is so poor.

Have a look back at this thread. Retro FM (often referred to as Retro and sometimes Retro Radio) is frequently mentioned in bandscans over the weekend. It's an oldies station... and I don't mean "old skool"! The two main presenters on the station have been around a while too!

As regards dance station Retro Now, I picked up a station on 105.2 around Ballinteer/Nutgrove direction a few days ago with a weak signal playing dance music. I assume that is Retro Now returning to its previous frequency. It would need to move again soon because Christmas FM will be using that for its FM transmission in Dublin later this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

It was mentioned here before by a 'Rogue' poster, long gone now, that Retro Now is broadcasting from a housing estate in Meath as opposed to a site.

It was mentioned here before by a 'Rogue' poster, long gone now, that Retro Now is broadcasting from a housing estate in Meath as opposed to a site.

I think I learnt from this very forum that it comes from Rathoath, Co. Meath, which is quite near west Dublin.

RetroNow are broadcasting on 98.9 at the moment.

RetroNow are broadcasting on 98.9 at the moment.

That's an unusual frequency. How come it has not been used before- certainly in the last fifteen years?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Its a daft frequency - Kippure services south Meath

Getting something on 105.2, fairly heavy dance music. No ID, its a little weak for me. Someone closer may get more details.

Getting something on 105.2, fairly heavy dance music. No ID, its a little weak for me. Someone closer may get more details.

Could it be that floating Unid station that has been around for a year or are the stats different for this one?

• Advertisement

Could it be that floating Unid station that has been around for a year or are the stats different for this one?

It's possible. I'm hearing just back to back music with no IDs.

It's possible. I'm hearing just back to back music with no IDs.

I wonder is that the station I picked up on that frequency a few days ago.

Also a carrier on 107.1, been on/off a few times today.

Getting a strong Christmas FM on 104.2. No sign of storm this evening on FM. Can't find this frequency in the Christmas FM listing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Don't think it's been mentioned here but Spirit Radio have launched on 91.2 in Killarney. Coverage seems broadly in line with the existing 2 services in the town on 96.6 (Rad Kerry) and 102.9 (Spin SW).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

kazoo106 wrote: »
    Getting a strong Christmas FM on 104.2. No sign of storm this evening on FM. Can't find this frequency in the Christmas FM listing.

A relay by Storm maybe?

Nope - storm have a "Retune to DAB - back on FM after Christmas" announcement going out in a loop on 104.2 at the moment. Both Clashing in Dundalk but Storm winning the battle ever so slightly

What I can pick up this evening...

87.6 - Chill FM
    91.0 - Hot FM
    93.2 - Smooth
    98.9 - RetroNow
    104.2 - Storm NE - tone & retune message
    105.2 - Unidentified - hard dance music

What I can pick up this evening...

87.6 - Chill FM
    91.0 - Hot FM
    93.2 - Smooth
    98.9 - RetroNow
    104.2 - Storm NE - tone & retune message
    105.2 - Unidentified - hard dance music

I picked up that station on 105.2 this evening. It was particularly strong near the Sandyford Business Park area. As I headed onto Ballinteer Road away from Ballinteer and M50 and facing Dundrum direction, it was much patchier. Hard dance music alright. It has to be that station that has drifted around the band. At the moment, (for a change!) it’s not near any other station. It will have to move soon, though, as Christmas FM is on the way!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Cork today:

87.5 Power 87
    97.6 Cityview
    105.3 Gen X

Advertisement