Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭JDxtra

In Dublin, 91.0 Hot FM is off air at the moment. 87.6 Chill FM back on, so maybe it's a weekend only schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Antenna wrote: »
    Book author Eddie/Eamon Bohan, in his recent online exposé about 'illegal' Catholic Church church broadcasts, lists a church using 105.8 in Virginia Co. Cavan.
    Whilst it would be nearly 50 miles away, you sound like you were up at a height with near enough line of sight to receive a relatively low power transmission on a clear frequency on a car radio. It would seem a likely candidate as being this one ?

You may well be right. If I get my arse into gear I'll run up there at some stage tomorrow and see if I can pull it in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

You may well be right. If I get my arse into gear I'll run up there at some stage tomorrow and see if I can pull it in again.

I’m surprised you weren’t getting Newstalk or U105 on 105.8 up on the hills over tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Antenna

Online it says the church has mass at 11AM tomorrow Sunday, so it should be on air then...

I assume Newstalk on 105.8 (which would be from the west) was sufficiently blocked by the terrain at the receiving location ...

JDxtra wrote: »
    In Dublin, 91.0 Hot FM is off air at the moment. 87.6 Chill FM back on, so maybe it's a weekend only schedule.

Hot back on, live DJ on at the moment. Real FM getting relayed on 94.3 again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Hot back on, live DJ on at the moment. Real FM getting relayed on 94.3 again.

It was also relayed for some of the day on 1195 kh, home of Energy Power AM. After all, Energy's own Brian Kelly was broadcasting on Real FM this evening! I heard him briefly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Real FM was being relayed today as well on 94.3 FM, while 1195kh (Energy Power) were relaying Retro FM (92.0 FM). I heard Mike Doyle giving both frequencies for Retro FM. This is becoming the norm for a Sunday while Retro FM is on live.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,793 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The new station on 927 kHz is coming from Italy, must be a powerful transmitter. Coast FM Tenerife continues on 1512, seems to be a powerful transmitter somewhere in Ireland.

https://mediumwave.info/news/

Energy is 1395, I know 1195 is just a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,637 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Carriers appearing following the announcement of level 5?

Strong carrier on 88.1 and 98.4 has audio

Infoanon wrote: »
    Carriers appearing following the announcement of level 5?

Strong carrier on 88.1 and 98.4 has audio

I wonder is this the return of Pirate FM & The 90s Network to FM

• Advertisement

I’m not currently getting anything on 88.1 inside the house, it may be off now or just not be strong enough to reach.

On occasion, Phever is relayed on 88.1 (the odd Friday evening) – maybe it was this rig? Previously Pirate FM was loud and clear on 88.1.

I can’t verify 98.4, but that would be normal for me.

Assuming Christmas FM appears again this year, then it would be normal for 88.1 FM to be used by them and to be audible on this across parts of Dublin from late November.

To confirm 'the 90s! ' aka the 90s Network is back on the air on 98.4 FM.

88.1 carrier is off at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Good signal from 1512 khz "Coast FM" on west Wales coast this evening .

A station testing on 94.3 this afternoon - 70s music and old school testing - volume levels up and down - no optimod !!

105.2 Retro Now is getting further south and almost audible in the city centre.

Nothing else 'new' or 'returning' logged - 90s Network continues on 98.4

Hot FM on a carrier all day, no RDS/stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Any Bank holiday pirates on?

These anyways, could be others...

91.0 Hot FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    94.3 All 80s
    93.2 Extreme FM
    105.2 Retro Now

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭TheBMG

These anyways, could be others...

91.0 Hot FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    94.3 All 80s
    93.2 Extreme FM
    105.2 Retro Now

The Beach popped up on my RDS earlier but didn’t have time to check it was them

ABC 80s is being relayed on 96.0 FM
    90s Network also on 98.4 FM

Live programming on Energy AM 1395 and 99.5 FM

• Advertisement

A few things from about half an hour ago way up in the highness of Dublin 24...

Chill FM 87.6
    97.2/4 Shannonside
    98.4 90's Network. Aye up, Mikey!
    99.4 Misty Mountain
    102.5 Ocean
    Energy 102.95/103.0 A bit clearer on 102.95
    104.2 Storm NE
    105.2 Nothing on RDS but it was playing scanger dance music.
    105.8 Last time I noted this and it was playing Christian Music. Nothing there today; Newstalk however was on.

Chill FM 87.6
    97.2/4 Shannonside
    99.4 Misty Mountain
    102.5 Ocean
    104.2 Storm NE
    105.8 Last time I noted this and it was playing Christian Music. Nothing there today; Newstalk however was on.

I’d say 105.2 was the unidentified dance station that was on 94.1 up until recently, it would be closer to Tallaght so blocking out RetroNow to you

Chill FM 87.6
    97.2/4 Shannonside
    99.4 Misty Mountain
    102.5 Ocean
    104.2 Storm NE

A couple of others on tonight, There’s Extreme on 93.2 & 94.3 playing oldies but no RDS

94.3 is a relay of Charity radio.

RDS is on but the text is blank

I’d say 105.2 was the unidentified dance station that was on 94.1 up until recently, it would be closer to Tallaght so blocking out RetroNow to you

That would make sense. They would be needing to be careful in the coming weeks as Christmas FM prepare themselves for their annual run.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

Random question but NewsTalk 0n 103.3 from Monaghan. Is there any need for this tx as it can be picked up on 106.0/107.2/107.6 and 107.9.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

fmfan wrote: »
    Random question but NewsTalk 0n 103.3 from Monaghan. Is there any need for this tx as it can be picked up on 106.0/107.2/107.6 and 107.9.

103.3 is intended to cover Monaghan, the others are distant signals that aren't meant to cover Monaghan itself.

106.0 is Dublin, 107.2 is possibly Mount Leinster?, 107.6 is Saggart or Drogheda and 107.9 is Clermont Carn. All of these transmitters (except 107.6) also carry RTE at much higher power yet RTE still have their own outlet in the Monaghan area.

I'm surprised you're not picking up Mohercrome on 107.4 too (is that still on air?)

marno21 wrote: »
    103.3 is intended to cover Monaghan, the others are distant signals that aren't meant to cover Monaghan itself.

106.0 is Dublin, 107.2 is possibly Mount Leinster?, 107.6 is Saggart or Drogheda and 107.9 is Clermont Carn. All of these transmitters (except 107.6) also carry RTE at much higher power yet RTE still have their own outlet in the Monaghan area.

I'm surprised you're not picking up Mohercrome on 107.4 too (is that still on air?)

Mohercrome is still on 107.4 with a good wallop of power. Rig wise Newstalk don't have that many sites north of Dublin but the two in Cavan and Monaghan are pretty powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

Indeed 103.3 can be picked up very clearly in Belfast,Dungannon, Craigavon, Coleraine, lisburn areas well outside its tsa which have various other strong frequencies as stated above aswel as 107.4. It must have a very directional antenna beaming north/north east.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

It's doing very well to be heard in all those areas of the North Coast with Highland on the same frequency -

Advertisement