Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Mad_Lad -- your inbox is full but your SDR is rock solid this morning .

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Christmas FM (104.2) & IRadio (105.0) both off air this afternoon in the northeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Word on the street is that the "Essential Workers" from Dockland Central, travelled across 6 counties and 2 jurisdictions today to carry out some essential work on the Donegal/Derry border (otherwise known as Irish Wuhan)
    Meanwhile Aunty McKenna from Moybridge in North Monaghan was given a lecture while returning from her local shop 2km away in Aughnacloy, where she bought some bread and sliced ham for leaving her county.

The lunatics are certainly running the asylum in our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭TheBMG

kazoo106 wrote: »
    Word on the street is that the "Essential Workers" from Dockland Central, travelled across 6 counties and 2 jurisdictions today to carry out some essential work on the Donegal/Derry border (otherwise known as Irish Wuhan)
    Meanwhile Aunty McKenna from Moybridge in North Monaghan was given a lecture while returning from her local shop 2km away in Aughnacloy, where she bought some bread and sliced ham for leaving her county.

The lunatics are certainly running the asylum in our country.

I’m confused Ted! Any chance of explaining it slowly for the benefit of the thicks (like meself) of the class?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Going by what I've heard, I believe the FM band is slightly quieter in the Derry area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭TheBMG

kazoo106 wrote: »
    Going by what I've heard, I believe the FM band is slightly quieter in the Derry area.

Was there much illegal activity up there? I presume Radio North are still tipping away on MW

Picking up a station on 91.6FM playing rock music in Dublin today, No RDS & the audio is on the low side

Update on this station, Got RDS around Blanchardstown changing from ‘Live’ to ‘Dunphy’ music was more Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 20,516 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

TheBMG wrote: »
    Was there much illegal activity up there? I presume Radio North are still tipping away on MW

Radio North is still going, but they sell a lot of their airtime to bible preachers. Same with Radio Star Country in Monaghan.

http://www.radionorth.net/schedule.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Yes they still going, but lower power than in the past?
    Its more of a struggle to hear anything of them at night in the south of the country than it used to be. Energy 1395 coming in well when I checked a few minutes ago.

Someone explain to Wireless Group's TalkSPORT the importance of having the audio 'in synch' on their multiple AM transmitters on 1053 and 1089 kHz ! - severe echoing problems on both frequencies for several weeks, which must be happening in a large area of the UK at night.
    Though some suggest this type of what is self-interference on AM/MW is let happen to try and nudge more listeners to get DAB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Picked up "SCREEN 2" on 97.9 (I think) on the N4 passing lucan. Blank carrier. Not sure if it was someone's car or a genuine pirate messing with RDS.

Was there any drive in cinemas or events on locally maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

DopeTech wrote: »
    Picked up "SCREEN 2" on 97.9 (I think) on the N4 passing lucan. Blank carrier. Not sure if it was someone's car or a genuine pirate messing with RDS.

Was there any drive in cinemas or events on locally maybe?

Probably this event at Weston Airport...

https://www.flightbeforechristmas.ie.

Not a lot of pirate activity in Dublin today

91.0 Hot FM
    93.2 IceRadio
    94.3 Charity
    98.9 RetroNow
    103.0 Energy

I couldn’t receive Chill FM, 90s Network or Retro FM at Liffey valley shopping centre

Infoanon wrote: »
    ICE Radio is the name of Joe Doyle 'Irish and Country ' station....

Ice FM (ICE= Irish Country Entertainment) were the subject of extremely negative attention from the Sunday World newspaper (22nd June 2003) which I suspect put an end to it, and subsequently the name wasn't going to be used for temporary licence contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Antenna wrote: »
    Ice FM (ICE= Irish Country Entertainment) were the subject of extremely negative attention from the Sunday World newspaper (22nd June 2003) which I suspect put an end to it, and subsequently the name wasn't going to be used for temporary licence contracts.

IIRC it came shortly after Black Tuesday and was negative publicity not around the station specifically but around the use of a piece of music associated with ' Captains News'.

IIRC Joe Doyle discussed on the radio that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Wasn't a bad time recently for AM.

Radio North 846 and Star Country 981 were getting out well on AM over the weekend. North had mainly pre recorded oldies pop music shows and some religious output while Star continues with the regular feed of Gospel Blood and Thunder shows, accordions and County Irish music, presumably by way of balance :)

Also managed to pick up Caroline for a time on 648 while the usual pile of BBC regionals were conspicuously loud.

Happy Christmas band scanners - on air this afternoon in Dublin :

87.6fm Chill
    91.0 Hot FM
    93.2 ICE Radio
    98.4 90s Network
    98.9 RetroNow not audible in Dublin South
    99.3 Energy AM relay

1395 KHz Energy AM

Storm Northeast back on today on 104.2 with Christmas FM off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Any update on the unidentified station on 88.8 and Gen X on 105.3 in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Any 2021 band scanners about this chilly Saturday?

New Year often sees a flurry of pirate activity, but not this year:

On air Sunday January 3rd 2021:

91.0 Hot
    93.2 ICE
    98.4 90s Network
    98.9 RetroNow
    99.5 Energy AM relay
    102.5 8 Radio relay

Carrier for Christmas FM remains on 105.2

• Advertisement

Cork this afternoon

FM

87.5 Power87
    97.6 Cityview
    107.0 Caroline
    Notes: Cityview went off at six as it does on Sundays, Caroline went off not long before six. Power appears to be the only pirate left broadcasting 24/7 in Cork.

FreeDAB (DAB, Block 5A)

Zenith Rock
    BKLR Radio
    Wild Country
    Global Radio
    Sami Swoi Radio
    Flex UK (more on this one below)
    Storm North East
    Coast Dance
    Coast Classic
    United DJs Radio
    Dublin’s ABC
    Polish Radio Irl
    Tomorrow Radio

Note: This “Flex UK” is none other than the ex-pirate which now broadcasts legally on the FM band in London with a community licence. Presuming they are aware that they’re on the FreeDAB mux, surely it’s not in their interest as a legal community station to be broadcasting on pirate DAB?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

CityView moved to 97.6 several years ago due to frequency shortages - however I've noticed recently that on indoor radios in 2 parts of Cork (Wilton and Douglas), the radio finds a better signal for Classic Hits on 97.4. You'd wonder if it causes any issues with people trying to get Classic Hits (the actual city frequency of 94.8 should be the strongest for most people in Cork.

The traditional pirate strongholds of 87.8 (now that Xmas is gone from 87.7) and 104.9 seem to be permanently free now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

91.0 Hot
    93.2 ICE
    98.4 90s Network
    98.9 RetroNow
    99.5 Energy AM relay
    102.5 8 Radio relay

That's a curious one. Who is behind that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Radiodays2021

Pirate radio stations on air this evening

91.0 hot fm
    92.0 retro FM came on for 1-hour
    Back off air
    93.2 ice with no rds displaying all day
    94.3 kildares Galaxy
    98.4 the 90s weak
    98.9 weak
    104.2 storm North East

Pirate radio stations on air this evening

91.0 hot fm
    92.0 retro FM came on for 1-hour
    Back off air
    93.2 ice with no rds displaying all day
    94.3 kildares Galaxy
    98.4 the 90s weak
    98.9 weak
    104.2 storm North East

Always enjoyed Galaxy when it was on and I was in the area, consistently excellent audio too from what I recall.

Note: This “Flex UK” is none other than the ex-pirate which now broadcasts legally on the FM band in London with a community licence. Presuming they are aware that they’re on the FreeDAB mux, surely it’s not in their interest as a legal community station to be broadcasting on pirate DAB?

I assume they are not associating themselves with it.

Its hardly anything new is it ?
    Radio Caroline 648 , a community licence, has been 'illegally' relayed, including in other parts of the UK (not to mind outside the UK), though I am sure they are not associating/approving of them.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2394855/caroline-relays
    http://www.skywavesdx.org/viewtopic.php?p=31261

UCB (United Christian Broadcasters) licenced in the UK, was for several years, illegally relayed on a widespread basis in Ireland.

I could go on and on. BBC radio and of course TV was 'illegally' relayed in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

91.0 Hot
    93.2 ICE
    98.4 90s Network
    98.9 RetroNow
    99.5 Energy AM relay
    102.5 8 Radio relay

That's unusual, I presume it was some local/low power relay? I didn't hear this one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

104.2 storm North East

They are getting out rather well of late.

Just noticed IceRadio on 93.2 playing 80s music today, Dublin is really missing a good quality dance station, it’s times like this when I miss Trax & 1025Kiss.
    Happy New year Radio lovers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i would add club 107 to that list as well.
    still, at least it along with trax is still online.
    no good if you have to rely on fm granted.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement