Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I noticed it last night too. I thought Q102 was gone silent, but I think it was the RDS that was gone!

I see 9 days ago someone registered ViriginRadio.ie (no web site yet). Wasn't there a rumour before that Q102 would rebrand to Virgin?

I'm sure it's likely to be unrelated and they are probably getting their RDS unit replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I'd say a lot will! They've had presenters on the online stream for the past few weeks. I'd assume everyone has been testing the equipment.

Is the Ballsbridge Hotel their main studio again this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

DopeTech wrote: »
    Smells like teen spirit playing now on Smooth in Dublin. Bit of an odd choice for a station called Smooth.

Smooth Grunge? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

is there any sort of online presence for smooth 93.2?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Pirate on 88.8 around Glanmire this evening. The old 87.8 frequency used by pirates including True FM recently is out of bounds now due to Xmas on 87.7 in North Cork.

Still no sign of Xmas on 106.7 in Cork. Most of the rest seem to be on air.

• Advertisement

is there any sort of online presence for smooth 93.2?

I wasn't able to find anything, it appears to be a temporary effort - maybe Extreme FM wasn't working so they are trying this format to see how it goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,512 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Zenith Classic Rock are on 3935 kHz LSB. Good signal in Dundalk, and on the SDR's. Particularly strong on the Kilkenny SDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

marno21 wrote: »

Still no sign of Xmas on 106.7 in Cork. Most of the rest seem to be on air.

106.7 came on air overnight (shortly before 2AM) in time for their launch today at Midday

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Antenna wrote: »
    106.7 came on air overnight (shortly before 2AM) in time for their launch today at Midday

Indeed I noticed when going to bed that it had come on.. someone was working late.

Signal is from the south side of the city by my reckoning, areas with shielding tucked in along by the South Ring Road cause the car radio to switch to 87.7

On a separate note, their frequencies this year (18 in total) are very allowing of long distance listening. The journey from Dublin to Cork now has near full coverage with the odd blip (105.2 -> 88.1 -> 104.3 -> 87.7 -> 106.7). I did notice that commuters who listen to Spin1038 on their journeys to Kildare will be affected, 103.8 from Blackstairs now wipes Spin after Naas heading west. Other Three Rock services are clear as far as Laois from there

Charity Radio getting another run on 94.3 in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Hot FM in Dublin on a carrier (no stereo / RDS) on 91.0.

RDS on Q102 has now been restored.

oriy8vd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bubbles2020

93.2 has rebranded again, now IceRadio.

ice have been around a little while as an online station.

extreme seem to have seased altogether now, their stream is dead the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

93.2 has rebranded again, now IceRadio.

Oh lovely, Just in time for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

ICE Radio is the name of Joe Doyle 'Irish and Country ' station....

Infoanon wrote: »
    ICE Radio is the name of Joe Doyle 'Irish and Country ' station....

i think all though i'm open to correction that it's ICMR rather then ICE.
    ICMR (irishcountrymusicradio.com) is what came up for me in a google search for ICE radio country anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Omnia 5

i think all though i'm open to correction that it's ICMR rather then ICE.
    ICMR (irishcountrymusicradio.com) is what came up for me in a google search for ICE radio country anyway.

Country and Irish music radio was Joe’s second temp service. CIMR. The following year it added the hot country to the title also.
    But yes you guys are correct. Joe did run country station called ICE FM. It was the departure for him and a lot of staff from radio Dublin. And at the time they were right to make a departure. I think it was around 2001 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Omnia 5 wrote: »
    Country and Irish music radio was Joe’s second temp service. CIMR. The following year it added the hot country to the title also.
    But yes you guys are correct. Joe did run country station called ICE FM. It was the departure for him and a lot of staff from radio Dublin. And at the time they were right to make a departure. I think it was around 2001 ish.
    You are very right about ice it was an irish country and easy listening station that was set up by Joe 2001

Omnia 5 wrote: »

Initially, the temporary licensed station was called IMR (Irish Music Radio). I think it was the first of the temporary stations way back in 2003. This played a mixture of Irish music, including rock - I remember it. I think it had another run with that name before there was a temporary license stint for CIMR. I'm not sure how many times it ran as CIMR (once, maybe twice?), but it's next evolution Hot Country ran for a few years. The last temporary license run in Dublin that Joe Doyle was involved with, in 2010, was for Heartbeat FM, a former pirate, along with Tony O'Hara. He was with Heartbeat last year for a temporary license run in Offaly.

• Advertisement

paulwilson wrote: »
    You are very right about ice it was an Irish country and easy listening station that was set up by Joe 2001

Were you involved with ICE, Paul? I know you turned up on Hot Country and later Heartbeat's temporary run.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Omnia 5

Initially, the temporary licensed station was called IMR (Irish Music Radio). I think it was the first of the temporary stations way back in 2003. This played a mixture of Irish music, including rock - I remember it. I think it had another run with that name before there was a temporary license stint for CIMR. I'm not sure how many times it ran as CIMR (once, maybe twice?), but it's next evolution Hot Country ran for a few years. The last temporary license run in Dublin that Joe Doyle was involved with, in 2010, was for Heartbeat FM, a former pirate, along with Tony O'Hara. He was with Heartbeat last year for a temporary license run in Offaly.
    Slightly right, slightly wrong.
    Joe does have a company called heartbeat radio services which have had a couple of temp licences in Edenderry, under the names of YAG FM and Eden FM.
    The first licence back in the day was IMR Dublin, it the went to CIMR, then hot country was brought into the name. When there was high insight that the north east country music licence was never going to happen we decided to bring back Heartbeat. We tried to give a country music format to the north east but hey who knows. So we went back to what we knew best and that was lovesongs. So that happened in 2010.
    Joe moved out of Dublin shortly after and continued his passion and went after temps in Edenderry. And I was very busy looking after a bus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

ice have been around a little while as an online station.

extreme seem to have seased altogether now, their stream is dead the past few days.

Extreme ceased this time last year to.Why do they bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Were you involved with ICE, Paul? I know you turned up on Hot Country and later Heartbeat's temporary run.
    I was declan along with brendan killkeny and various others

paulwilson wrote: »
    I was declan along with brendan killkeny and various others

Brendan Kilkenny - bit of a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

Charity radio on 94.3fm again

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

tiswasfan wrote: »
    Charity radio on 94.3fm again

sounding excellent may i say in south east dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

turbocab wrote: »
    sounding excellent may i say in south east dublin

Yes 94.3 sounds great even a bit of Christmas spirit thrown in for good measure. Well done 94.3

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

This is what I could put up today on the car radio at Liffey valley shopping centre West Dublin

87.6 Chill FM
    91.0 Hot FM
    93.2 IceRadio
    94.3 Charity Radio
    98.4 90s Network
    98.9 RetroNow
    103.0 Energy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Unusual reception this morning of KCLR on 96.9. Audible in Churchtown, Dublin 14 despite being blitzed by very strong signals on 96.7 and 97.0

Advertisement