Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

No real consistency, hardly any stations
    Rip pirate radio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

No real consistency, hardly any stations
    Rip pirate radio

There’s nothing of note on at the moment. It’s a challenging landscape and the risk is not worth the reward. Any operator needs deep pockets and a brass neck.

Maybe some interesting pop-up stations will appear to tide us anoraks over! :)

Hopefully the situation will improve and next Spring/Summer we may see a few risk takers come out of the woodwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

I Saw a post from Club Fm yesterday on there Facebook page Basically asking there Listeners what there thoughts of them returning to Fm on 107.1 FM
    Nice Reaction to the post i would say the lads at club ae planning a return to the band there online Streams are all broadcasting with beautiful i must say

Scanning the band yesterday eveing at 6.50 i came across a carrier on 107.1 it was then off at 7.15 . When i checked again.keep a listen for Club Fm returning my feeling it will not be long.

I Saw a post from Club Fm yesterday on there Facebook page Basically asking there Listeners what there thoughts of them returning to Fm on 107.1 FM
    Nice Reaction to the post i would say the lads at club ae planning a return to the band there online Streams are all broadcasting with beautiful i must say

Scanning the band yesterday eveing at 6.50 i came across a carrier on 107.1 it was then off at 7.15 . When i checked again.keep a listen for Club Fm returning my feeling it will not be long.

It’s so interesting really when you think about it, stations are genuinely suddenly wondering if being on the FM band is worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

It’s so interesting really when you think about it, stations are genuinely suddenly wondering if being on the FM band is worthwhile

There were some on today in Dublin anyway. Here are the ones I picked up.

91.0 - Hot FM
    92.0 - Retro FM
    93.2 - Extreme FM

Retro was also being relayed by Energy Power AM on 1395kh, as they now do every Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭Infoanon

There were some on today in Dublin anyway. Here are the ones I picked up.

91.0 - Hot FM
    92.0 - Retro FM
    93.2 - Extreme FM

Retro was also being relayed by Energy Power AM on 1395kh, as they now do every Sunday.
    90s Network is also on air.

There was a station on 91.6 over the last few days - very possibly the Unid that was on 94.1

Infoanon wrote: »

There was a station on 91.6 over the last few days - very possibly the Unid that was on 94.1

Finally whoever it is is using a clear freq!
    Isn’t that the station that was playing hard dance that has probably interfered with nearly every pirate at this stage?

Isn’t that the station that was playing hard dance that has probably interfered with nearly every pirate at this stage?

Yes - over modulated signal though I bet it sounds great in the studio - interference to Chill/ All 80s /Retronow / 107.1 ?

nuisance station - makes Fresh seem professional

Yes - over modulated signal though I bet it sounds great in the studio - interference to Chill/ All 80s /Retronow / 107.1 ?

nuisance station - makes Fresh seem professional

Seemingly, Phever may have been on 91.6 on Friday! - From yesterday:
    JDxtra wrote: »
    This is what I heard over last day or two...

87.6 - Chill FM
    91.0 - Hot FM
    91.6 - Phever (for a time on Fri. evening)
    93.2 - Extreme FM
    104.2 - Storm NE
    105.2 - RetroNow

Hot and Extreme are on 24/7.

Yes, Phever were on 91.6 on Friday evening and there was nothing wrong with the signal or audio.

So, sounds like someone else went on frequency over the weekend. It was too weak for me to receive it.

• Advertisement

Yes, Phever were on 91.6 on Friday evening and there was nothing wrong with the signal or audio.

So, sounds like someone else went on frequency over the weekend. It was too weak for me to receive it.

So where should this wandering Unid finally rest? How about 88.8 - Easy Radio used that frequency for a while? Or how about 107.9? That's a frequency that was used by quite a few in the past.

In other news: Paul Murray was live on Energy Power AM this evening.

I cant be 100% certain but the station I heard on 91.6 was probably the Unid and almost certainly not Phever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

List of Christmas FM frequencies for 2020...

Dublin City and County - 105.2
    Cork City, part County - 106.7
    Limerick City - 105.5
    Kilkenny City - 104.3
    Wicklow Town - 106.6
    Wex, W'ford, KK, Tipp - 103.8
    Galway City - 87.7
    Part Kildare - 88.1
    Bray area - 99.5
    Longford - 101.6
    Cavan - 99.4
    Kerry - 105.0
    Clare - 105.2
    Waterford - 105.9
    Donegal - 105.7
    Sligo - 95.0

Looks like no change from 2019.
    I don't recall 105.9 in Waterford last year, but 103.8 came in clear as day (unsurprising considering, that with one or two exceptions, 103-108 is entirely free in the South East)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Just came across Christmas FM testing on 99.4 this afternoon with RDS XMAS and information Xmas - Xmas 2020, Stopping in Dublin no problem that’s out Cavan, Monaghan direction.

Just came across Christmas FM testing on 99.4 this afternoon with RDS XMAS and information Xmas - Xmas 2020, Stopping in Dublin no problem that’s out Cavan, Monaghan direction.

What part of Dublin is that because the 99.5 frequency for Bray (north Wicklow) will definitely be picked up in some parts of south Dublin?

It does not bother me but are they allowed to do that kind of test as part of their license arrangement, given that it is definitely outside their 30 day period? Maybe it's different provided they don't broadcast anything.

What part of Dublin is that because the 99.5 frequency for Bray (north Wicklow) will definitely be picked up in some parts of south Dublin?

It does not bother me but are they allowed to do that kind of test as part of their license arrangement, given that it is definitely outside their 30 day period? Maybe it's different provided they don't broadcast anything.

Seems reasonable to allow them time to test in advance of licence period. Maybe this particular site needs additional work, which could explain why its on early.

Edit: it just went off air.

Wom5bwy.png

Normally the 30 day period includes testing and the rule has been strictly enforced in the past. However the rules have been relaxed slightly especially for multi city broadcasts and installations that are new or need extra testing.
    Many years ago Spin had extra testing time as the mast feed had been changed to facilitate the new TX iirc

It was northside Dublin I came across it, have received many spillover transmitters for Christmas FM before in Dublin including 101.6 Longford, 99.5 Bray, 99.4 Cavan & of course 88.1 Saggart

Extreme FM off air this evening, Good strong blank carrier on 94.3, Not much on only Hot FM on 91.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

Was Extreme on 92 fm earlier? Are they on a mission to mess with all the pirate operators with their jumping around the band?

• Advertisement

tiswasfan wrote: »
    Was Extreme on 92 fm earlier? Are they on a mission to mess with all the pirate operators with their jumping around the band?

Yes they were on 93.2 at lunchtime today not sure about 92.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

Carriers on 92, 94.3 and 99.3 this evening but nothing on 93.2 in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

tiswasfan wrote: »
    Carriers on 92, 94.3 and 99.3 this evening but nothing on 93.2 in the city centre

94.3 was playing out some oldies round about 10PM last night. I didn't stay listening in for long enough to get any ID.

94.3 was playing out some oldies round about 10PM last night. I didn't stay listening in for long enough to get any ID.

I also heard the music played on 94.3, but I just assumed it was the usual transmitter that appears here on occasion. I didn't catch anything on 99.3 (signal doesn't usually reach me anyways).

No idea about 92.0 - it is a strong carrier, it is possible it has been retuned from 93.2 as tiswasfan suggested.

Sounds like the usual operators were protecting their frequencies yesterday.

The music played on 94.3 has appeared before.

Carrier on 92.0 is off.

Extreme seems to be gone and replaced with "Smooth" on 93.2.

IJ0yJVt.png

Carrier on 92.0 is off.

Extreme seems to be gone and replaced with "Smooth" on 93.2.

IJ0yJVt.png

Came across Smooth on my travels can’t see it lasting with that music format it’s similar to Classic Hits 4FM & Sunshine 106.8, is it the same transmitter as Extreme as it seems a little weaker

There are some distinctive patterns in the MPX signal (hard to see in screenshot) which I also witnessed on Extreme. For me, signal strength where I am is about the same also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Antenna

marno21 wrote: »
    Most definitely. The 105.0 outlet from Knockmoyle would romp into Killorglin.

Plenty of free frequencies around there though. Apart from 105.0 and 105.7 the entire 105-107 is free in that area

THe Killorglin parish church radio stopped operating last week according to :

https://www.dioceseofkerry.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/8th-November-2020.pdf
    Parish Radio We are sorry that the Parish Radio has been off air during the past week. Every effort is being made to get it up and running again

doesn't say why but likely due to above

• Advertisement

Getting a carrier on 88.1 this evening.

Advertisement