Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Easy 88.8FM posting that tonight is possibly their last night on the FM band in Dublin.

A new mountain site is required - details on their Facebook pages.

A popular station with a niche audience that would never work under the bai model .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

Infoanon wrote: »
    Easy 88.8FM posting that tonight is possibly their last night on the FM band in Dublin.

A popular station with a niche audience that would never work under the bai model .

Bit dramatic of them. Can't be that hard to find a site.

Fmradiofan wrote: »

Bit dramatic of them. Can't be that hard to find a site.
    It's very hard - bit of a clue in the number of stations off air at the moment. .....

This is not London with tower blocks to broadcast from.

Sites are hard to find and even harder to keep at the moment.

The site owner can be subject to significant penalties have illegal broadcasts on their property

It's very hard - bit of a clue in the number of stations off air at the moment. .....

This is not London with tower blocks to broadcast from.

The main reason they are off at the moment is because of the article in the paper last week.
    Most will be back in the coming weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 FunRadio

Picked up gold radio doing a live test on 94.3 this morning around Tallaght on the school run. Music was 60s/70s and the presenter was playing requests. Sounded good. Anyone else pick this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

FunRadio wrote: »
    Picked up gold radio doing a live test on 94.3 this morning around Tallaght on the school run. Music was 60s/70s and the presenter was playing requests. Sounded good. Anyone else pick this up?
    That must be what I heard last few days. Have they not noticed Phever on the same frequency?

Carrier on 91.0 again.

Switched off at midday - thought it was a relay of an online station - strong signal - Phevers TX by any chance? ?

A low powered signal on 107.1 - very likely RetroNow just mot from the mountains

• Advertisement

Switched off at midday - thought it was a relay of an online station - strong signal - Phevers TX by any chance? ?

No, because last few nights Phever and a carrier (presume same oldies station) were on at the same time. Phever signal was mush stronger.

Then again RTE used to relay pirates back in the 80s. ...

Wait, what?
    Dirty tricks or audio testing ?, the RTE OB unit would on ocassion relay eg Energy 103 before one of their live broadcasts.

This was not an accidental relay unlike when 2fm had the opt services on 90.7FM and 1278AM and when it was transferring to / from Q102 or Sunshine 101 would be briefly relayed (Uhf links )

On a related note RTE OBs were on 96.6 - so this was a frequency unlicensed stations would not use - however it was used by many to test transmitters and inadvertently used by Radio West as they were unaware of its use by RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

They also used 99.2 occassionaly for links (when for example a link could not be achieved if using clermont carn with 97.0 too close) - this was also used by Coyne to my knowledge

kazoo106 wrote: »
    They also used 99.2 occassionaly for links (when for example a link could not be achieved if using clermont carn with 97.0 too close) - this was also used by Coyne to my knowledge
    That's a new one to me - 99.2 , there were a number of stations on 99.1 over the years before TTTR put a powerful relay on. Clermon Carn should not have caused an issue - RTE did use different frequencies for their OBS depending on location iirc

Easy Radio will cease transmissions this coming Sunday September 1st - ongoing action by Comreg - details on Easys Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

CC was an issue if they were linking to there for onward TX to Dublin !!
    In Dundalk they used 99.2 for the link on the networked 2fm shows from the roadcaster and 96.6 when broadcasting locally (June 1988)

In Dundalk they used 99.2 for the link on the networked 2fm shows from the roadcaster and 96.6 when broadcasting locally (June 1988)
    Thought they linked on UHF 'back to base'

With a .4 gap CC should not have been a problem

Linking on FM did result in hijacking of transmissions over the years but that's another story !

Thought they linked on UHF 'back to base'

With a .4 gap CC should not have been a problem

Linking on FM did result in hijacking of transmissions over the years but that's another story !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I'm shocked to see such a prompt reaction from Comreg with regards the Dublin pirates .
    Reading some of the posts on easy's Facebook page .it is alledged that an ex Dublin super pirate was involved with the newspaper article last week .
    Shame on them if this is true .

castle2012 wrote: »
    I'm shocked to see such a prompt reaction from Comreg with regards the Dublin pirates .
    Reading some of the posts on easy's Facebook page .it is alledged that an ex Dublin super pirate was involved with the newspaper article last week .
    Shame on them if this is true .
    That is a reference to the owner of an ex Dublin super pirate from 1994 !! Who is now the CEO of a station with the same name as a super pirate from the 80s !

Simply an article that was headlined pirates but was in fact about Nova not getting carriage on the Dublin tunnel system is being blamed for a clamp down by Comreg.

The increased action by Comreg - letters to site owners - commenced I believe before the article was published and is the same approach that Comreg took in 2001.

• Advertisement

That is a reference to the owner of an ex Dublin super pirate from 1994 !! Who is now the CEO of a station with the same name as a super pirate from the 80s !

Simply an article that was headlined pirates but was in fact about Nova not getting carriage on the Dublin tunnel system is being blamed for a clamp down by Comreg.

The increased action by Comreg - letters to site owners - commenced I believe before the article was published and is the same approach that Comreg took in 2001.

**** Nova and their lame attempt for publicity!! Them pricks started out as a pirate lets not forget that! Sick of the bitching a whining out of these clowns saying they feel threatened by pirates! 90% of the pirates are dance orientated and they are apparently taking listeners from the likes of Nova absolute bollox!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Fmradiofan wrote: »

**** Nova and their lame attempt for publicity!! Them pricks started out as a pirate lets not forget that! Sick of the bitching a whining out of these clowns saying they feel threatened by pirates! 90% of the pirates are dance orientated and they are apparently taking listeners from the likes of Nova absolute bollox!!!
    So true the majority are playing dance music. How can they be taken listeners ?.Surely they know that people listening to dance music don't listen to the likes of Nova .Maybe they are in a bit of bother themselves looking and for someone to blame .

**** Nova and their lame attempt for publicity!! Them pricks started out as a pirate lets not forget that! !!![/quote]
    Nova 100 was never a pirate.

Nova join a long list of legals who have raised the issue of pirates - indeed it was FM104 that went as far as jamming (allegedly) KBs 1994 Super pirate Kiss 103

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Nova come across as whinge bags in that newspaper article. They know the terms of their broadcast licence and 100% coverage is not guaranteed. There will always be weaker spots like car parks in the city etc. Dance pirates are not being relayed in the port tunnel on purpose to the detriment of Nova.

Why would someone who listens to Nova want to turn to a dance pirate for the few minutes they are in a tunnel anyways? Ridiculous thing for Nova to complain about. There is not a JNLR survey form upon exit of the tunnel.

**** Nova and their lame attempt for publicity!! Them pricks started out as a pirate lets not forget that! !!!
    Nova 100 was never a pirate.

Nova join a long list of legals who have raised the issue of pirates - indeed it was FM104 that went as far as jamming (allegedly) KBs 1994 Super pirate Kiss 103[/quote]

Some involved were pirates. And the station name came from the Nova pirate so Stop splitting hairs you know what i ment!

FunRadio wrote: »

Heard this again today. Presenter was on, said it was a test for Gold FM on 94.3 and it was launching soon. He then switched the rig off at midday. Signal was stereo, little or no processing and no RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i can't understand why stations keep trying to broadcast on 94.3 dispite the presence of an already established station on that frequency. ditto temporary licences, as they are legally entitled to broadcast on whatever frequency they are assigned.
    i know it's pirate radio but still, there are other frequencies available, and from what i can gather the oldies stations that keep popping up on 94.3 have limited coverage anyway.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FunRadio

I havent heard phever in weeks, they're never on when I'm doing my deliveries, have they gone sporadic or online only? Used to hear them strong around tallaght, ballyfermot and clondalkin but nothing now. I have kiss on their preset now.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Plenty of stations on this evening, This is what I picked up at the back of Dublin Airport

87.6 Chill (Weak)
    88.8 Easy Radio (Weak)
    91.0 Blank Carrier (Weak)
    94.3 Phever
    99.5 Fresh
    102.5 Kiss
    105.7 The Beach (Weak)
    107.1 RetroNow (Weak)

• Advertisement

Phever and Kiss sounding well. Great to have two good dance stations.

Advertisement