Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

JDxtra wrote: »
    Which Today site uses .5kW?

Three Rock no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Three Rock no?
    I would have expected it to have an ERP of 5 to 10kW. Someone else may know more. There is also a smaller in fill transmitter for Today on 97.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fisherman Sam

Retronow is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Retronow is off.
    Hope it's back soon .it and 1052kiss are most definitely the best pirates on air at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

Funny how all the trolls are dormant on the weekends!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Three Rock no?
    I would have expected it to have an ERP of 5 to 10kW. Someone else may know more. There is also a smaller in fill transmitter for Today on 97.3.

It's 2kw max iirc - there is a listing on Wikipedia of the 3 Rock TXS power outputs but it is incorrect .

castle2012 wrote: »
    Hope it's back soon .it and 1052kiss are most definitely the best pirates on air at the moment

Hope so as well defo the best dublin has had i a long time. Love the mix of new and old on 1025kiss and the classics on retro. Live stream is still going

Hope so as well defo the best dublin has had i a long time. Love the mix of new and old on 1025kiss and the classics on retro. Live stream is still going
    Have to agree .I love listening to 1052kiss as there is a great mix of old and new .plus very little ads but most importantly for me the coverage is great here in the north east .would love an online stream !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Chill FM back today, 87.6 in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Chill FM back today, 87.6 in Dublin.

You know something? It’s a shame they’re not Dublin-wide. It’s a good station

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You know something? It’s a shame they’re not Dublin-wide. It’s a good station

They must be one of the longest going pirates in Dublin now.

Sir Dosser wrote: »

I think Easy is longest running, even though it broadcasts very sporadically. Started broadcasting in 2001
    Energy started in 2006, Phever and Chill in 2014, Retro and The Cube??? in 2017, Hot and Now in 2018 and the rest this year afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

Something very funny going on on 107.1fm as I was out with the family this evening for a walk just up Dublin side of Sally gap retro now with no RDS crystal clear but as I came down the hill towards tallaght they had disappeared slightly coming in on the M50 but sounds like miles away very unusual

Sir Dosser wrote: »

I think Easy is longest running, even though it broadcasts very sporadically. Started broadcasting in 2001
    Energy started in 2006, Phever and Chill in 2014, Retro and The Cube??? in 2017, Hot and Now in 2018 and the rest this year afaik
    Technically Phever can be traced back to Ministery in the 90s (via Play )

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Great to hear Phever broadcasting extended hours on FM great music too, keep up the good work.

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »
    Great to hear Phever broadcasting extended hours on FM great music too, keep up the good work.

Yes great to have back has now fm atempted a return

Have to agree .I love listening to 1052kiss as there is a great mix of old and new .plus very little ads but most importantly for me the coverage is great here in the north east .would love an online stream !

Would love an online stream to! Herd them on the louth coast at the weekend. Some coverahe

Yes great to have back has now fm atempted a return
    I was in Dublin today and no sign .I would be surprised if they do .They litterly re-branded to now 90s and where gone a week later .I don't think it worked for them .

Are they still not back on FM 24/7?

• Advertisement

Disco has appeared on 107.3 in Dublin - RDS Disco

RetroNow are on significantly reduced power tonight after being off air earlier.

Travelling through Cavan and picked up a country station with a strong signal on 99.4 - no RDS and I didn't hear any IDs

Infoanon wrote: »
    Disco has appeared on 107.3 in Dublin - RDS Disco

RetroNow are on significantly reduced power tonight after being off air earlier.

Travelling through Cavan and picked up a country station with a strong signal on 99.4 - no RDS and I didn't hear any IDs

99.4 in Cavan is Misty Mountain Radio

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Rock Solid

99.4 in Cavan is Misty Mountain Radio

Now Fm off air due to Thunderstorm a few weeks ago, not getting anything on 107.1 or 107.3 in Tallaght area, Retronow could be coming from Co Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Now Fm off air due to Thunderstorm a few weeks ago, not getting anything on 107.1 or 107.3 in Tallaght area, Retronow could be coming from Co Louth.

No definitely not Louth. Meath & Dublin. They are on freedab in Louth though. Hopefully they will be back to normal soon. Let's hope Now FM stay off the band for good!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

marno21 wrote: »
    Unfortunately a lot of nonsense - only 6 legal stations in Dublin - free publicity for Novas ongoing battle to get onto the port tunnels retransmission system.

Poor journalism.

I haven’t a sub so can’t read the lot, but it’s fascinating. Never thought I’d see another article in a national paper about Irish pirates in this day and age either

I haven’t a sub so can’t read the lot, but it’s fascinating. Never thought I’d see another article in a national paper about Irish pirates in this day and age either
    Fascinating? - it's basically an article, possibly issued by an agency on Novas behalf ,that's basically Nova complaining about carriage.

The bits about the pirates are basically a nonsense - any basic fact checking would confirm that..
    If carriage on the tunnel system is so important than just swap with Sunshine. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

still a poor station in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

....... Edited.

Advertisement