Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Retro is on 92.0 FM, TheBeach on 105.7

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Anglers

castle2012 wrote: »
    Most of the stations on freedab have been online only for a while now with the exception of phever.
    The rest on fm seem to be staying on fm
    As far as im awear, Phever are waiting it out to see how the New Mux plays out first! (maybe signal wise) Info from a source around the MUX. No word on the Retro with regards to Dab. Freedab have cut the audio to retro, maybe there wont switch off fm is why!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Infoanon wrote: »
    Retro is on 92.0 FM, TheBeach on 105.7

Are you sure you heard TheBeach?
    Was in Dundrum earlier and they were off, Off since Thursday

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

MOD:

Several disgracefully uncivil posts have been deleted. Please be civil both with other posters and with individuals being named or there will be warnings handed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

hibits wrote: »
    Lets disregard the history of the owner for now. Anybody with an ounce of cop on just needs to listen to Mr. FK for 5 minutes to determine he his full of bull.

He is deluded and is only out to deceive an audience. That ridiculous social media post about tens of thousands of listeners per day is a perfect example. No station in Ireland can achieve that. His radio app only has a few hundred downloads. How exactly is that going to ever amount to 60,000 listeners per day? Who does he think he is fooling?

He is also claiming to be applying for a dance radio license. One that does not exist. Thankfully we don't have to endure him on FM radio anymore. Major bonus points to the person blocking his 91.0 frequency to make sure.

None of that is true. No station will ever be granded a solo dance radio licence in Dublin. If Pulse FM 103 didn't get it way back when, then no one will.

Think it's best we don't speak of him anymore on here anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the last time i checked hardly anyone was even listening online to hot fm. mind you only one of the 2 servers is accessible to check the stats so there may be a small few.
    they won't even answer anyone who has asked about the fm being off, they just tell them to listen online, i find that a bit strange. they wouldn't need to give exact details, but simply give a basic explanation that it is off and it will be back whenever, or that it won't be back. but they are saying nothing.
    the station has no djs, hardly any listeners, no nothing. it's over, finished, it's surprising it lasted as long.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

marno21 wrote: »
    MOD:

Several disgracefully uncivil posts have been deleted. Please be civil both with other posters and with individuals being named or there will be warnings handed down.

And here we go with the political correctness of this country again!!I
    You can't say this and you can't say that!!
    Ever heard of freedom of speech??
    Its my right to express my views & opinions and it was made clear that they were "my views"

This country is an absolute joke censoring liars and scumbags like "the muppit mentioned"

"Frank" could be anybody in the world!
    " HOT FM" could be any radio station of the same name.
    And every "uncivil" post about "FK" is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this production are fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased)

so if i type this bull after all of my "hot fm" related posts im in the clear am i???

NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED DURING THE TYPING OF THIS POST
    (apart from Fk!)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Any sign of an updated bandscan in Dublin? All seems to have gone much quieter of late....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Any sign of an updated bandscan in Dublin? All seems to have gone much quieter of late....

On FM...

91.0 Blank carrier
    92.0 Retro FM
    94.3 Phever
    99.5 Fresh FM
    102.5 Kiss
    107.1 RetroNow

On DAB...

Coast FM
    Easy Radio
    Jump Radio
    Non Stop 90s
    NRG Radio Cork
    Spektrum Radio
    Storm North East
    Telstar
    Total Country
    TrancePulse
    Trax
    True 80s
    Zenith Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Rock Solid

101.4 also on Tallaght area, no DAB in this area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

the last time i checked hardly anyone was even listening online to hot fm. mind you only one of the 2 servers is accessible to check the stats so there may be a small few.
    they won't even answer anyone who has asked about the fm being off, they just tell them to listen online, i find that a bit strange. they wouldn't need to give exact details, but simply give a basic explanation that it is off and it will be back whenever, or that it won't be back. but they are saying nothing.
    the station has no djs, hardly any listeners, no nothing. it's over, finished, it's surprising it lasted as long.

Can I ask, out of pure curiosity and with all respect due, dead serious question, on what did you base your theory that it would last when it first came on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

Can I ask, out of pure curiosity and with all respect due, dead serious question, on what did you base your theory that it would last when it first came on?

I think that we all thought it would be a success like the good old days. It had major potential some good reputable names were involved with it and like myself i was excited that it was back as it was one of the stations i grew up listening to however, it was ruined by Frank's lies, his big ego and his big mouth.
    A shame really any rep he or the station had is long gone.
    May it rot in piece!

1025Kiss banging away 24 hours a day, Even had them on in the Port tunnel. Hats off to them they don’t give f...., That’s the way it was in the old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

1025Kiss banging away 24 hours a day, Even had them on in the Port tunnel. Hats off to them they don’t give f...., That’s the way it was in the old days.

Decent effort but limited shelf life. Needs to up the game before bye bye time. Live djs more music or shows and a radio app will help. The port tunnel relay is not of their doing. They are next to Q102 and they relay is accidental.

From the Easy radio Facebook page

‘We love the sound of radio and we are back all over Dublin on FM this weekend 88.8fm your station for nonstop love only from easyradio.ie thank you Mr Wilson we all say a very big thank you never letting us down.’

Apparently they found a new site, I wish they would make up their mind as they only had closedown two weeks ago. That means another station back to FM from the Freedab thing.

On my travels this evening I came across a blank carrier on 105.7 in Dublin, No RDS, Later when I checked it was playing rock music.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

Great news welcome back Easy :)

‘We love the sound of radio and we are back all over Dublin on FM this weekend 88.8fm your station for nonstop love only from easyradio.ie thank you Mr Wilson we all say a very big thank you never letting us down.’

Apparently they found a new site, I wish they would make up their mind as they only had closedown two weeks ago. That means another station back to FM from the Freedab thing.

Easy were very public on why they were closing on FM and the fact that they would look to return.
    Possibly better options on frequencies. ...

JDxtra wrote: »
    On FM...

91.0 Blank carrier
    92.0 Retro FM
    94.3 Phever
    99.5 Fresh FM
    102.5 Kiss
    107.1 RetroNow

On DAB...

Coast FM
    Easy Radio
    Jump Radio
    Non Stop 90s
    NRG Radio Cork
    Spektrum Radio
    Storm North East
    Telstar
    Total Country
    TrancePulse
    Trax
    True 80s
    Zenith Rock[/QUOTE

So with Easy Radio back on FM this weekend that’s all the Dublin pirates back on FM after a week of the DAB Mux, Phever, RetroNow, 90s Network & Easy Radio. Everything else is just internet radio stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Coast's sister station Energy is now on the DAB mux, but Telstar seems to have been removed.
    So we now have NRG and Energy! ;-)

• Advertisement

Very strong signal on 88.8 this morning - RDS BT47-RDS.

Retro FM - last time Retro was on was Sunday 8th,

The 90s Network was on air today - first time I have heard them on air on a Friday afternoon iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Good atmospheric conditions this morning for long distance FM (BBC into ROI etc), provided the frequencies are relatively clear of course.

Today FM's 105.5 from Clermont Carn clearly audible (on car radio) nearly 300km SW as an example.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Ralph Ciffereto

None of that is true. No station will ever be granded a solo dance radio licence in Dublin..

Why is this like? Why is the system so weighted to stations playing the same old ****e? You could spend five minutes flicking between FM104, 98FM, Spin and 2FM and hear the same Ed Sheeran song on all four of them. It's painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Who operates that so called radio station Fresh FM ( more like Rubbish FM ) the audio is horrendous coming from it it’s roaring and all distorted signal is brutal a complete waste of time they have no concept of the way radio should operate SWITCH OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chris2007

The beach is back on 105.7 in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Low power signal on 98.4 mono and no RDS. Assume this was 90's network as logged here before.

Low power signal on 98.4 mono and no RDS. Assume this was 90's network as logged here before.
    Stereo and RDS - you must be beyond their transmission area.

96 0 now relaying Kiss Country - also transmits various talk / political programming mainly at weekends - don't think the frequency is accidental....

Flash FM - in mono , audio is loud but not distorted except for some high frequencies. Doubt if casual listeners would even notice.

Energy AM - off air this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

This TX on 87.8MHz appears to have no RDS.
    Car radios hopping over to a weak 89.1 from Kippure

storm north east seem to be weekends only on 104.2 FM

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Flash FM - in mono , audio is loud but not distorted except for some high frequencies. Doubt if casual listeners would even notice.
    d

Flash FM sounding dreadful tonight - possibly the transmitter itself is the problem though hard to judge since I don't know the set up - definitely would check to see if there where any sprogs ?

Advertisement