Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

I’m getting a blank carrier since last night on 107.1 FM in Dublin, I wonder is it Retronow coming back on, Definitely coming from the mountains but it’s weaker than RetroNow’s last tx

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

MOD:

Uncivil posts deleted. Further uncivil posts will incur a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Some of the new breed of pirates have sophisticated equipment that is producing a broadcast signal powerful enough to be picked up in the Dublin Port Tunnel. Alongside legitimate stations such as RTE, Newstalk, 98FM, FM104, Q102, Spin 1038 and Sunshine, pirate stations RetroNow and Kiss could be picked up in the lowest depths of the 4.5km…

The reason those two stations (Retro-Now and Kiss) are being received relates to their frequencies being close (0.3 MHz away) from stations that are being intentionally relayed in the tunnel.

The stations that are being intentionally relayed on the tunnel's 'leaky-feeder' are each going through channel pass filters before being amplified, but some of the signal of a close station 0.3 MHz away obviously is managing to get through the filters for Sunshine and Q102.

Some might have thought that stations intentionally being relayed on the tunnel's 'leaky-feeder' cable are being demodulated and remodulated -but that is to be avoided, if you are relaying a FM station on the SAME frequency you want the relayed signal to be as identical as possible to the incoming signal (modulation, carrier frequency, minimal delay) otherwise you will have far more noticeable interference effects around when you enter/exit the tunnel and there is some mixture of both direct and relayed (tunnel) signals for the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Thanks for sharing Antenna. Never been in the tunnel, was wondering what the issue was all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Anglers

is it true a number of stations have been raided this morning across dublin? if so comreg have acted on the artical in the irish times at the weekend following compliant from 4fm CEO. iv been told even station that were of air and only weekend stations were raided

(Correction - Sunday Times / Nova)
    (NOT - Irish Times / 4FM)

• Advertisement

Anglers wrote: »
    is it true a number of stations have been raided this morning across dublin? if so comreg have acted on the artical in the irish times at the weekend following compliant from 4fm CEO. iv been told even station that were of air and only weekend stations were raided
    It was Nova that complained and the article was in the Sunday Times.

Which full time stations are off today?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Anglers

JDxtra wrote: »
    It was Nova that complained and the article was in the Sunday Times.

Which full time stations are off today?
    yes your correct my bad.
    i got told at least 4 stations hit. only one name was given to me at the time was Retro been one station

RetroNow 107.1 has been off since August 9th. There was a new carrier from another operator on 107.1 . Or do you mean Retro 92 FM (the weekend station)?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fisherman Sam

Anglers wrote: »

(Correction - Sunday Times / Nova)
    (NOT - Irish Times / 4FM)

1025kiss hot and the blank on 107.1 still on just been listening

Phever missing on fm this evening in Dublin, Still online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Phever ran a super charity event Solas Festival for Pieta House over the weekend. That sure would be a cruel turn if they were taken off air immediately after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Phever ran a super charity event Solas Festival for Pieta House over the weekend. That sure would be a cruel turn if they were taken off air immediately after.
    They may be just keeping quiet after the reports in the media over the weekend.i would say raids are iminanent .As Comreg would want to be seen to reacting !

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

castle2012 wrote: »
    They may be just keeping quiet after the reports in the media over the weekend.i would say raids are iminanent .As Comreg would want to be seen to reacting !

Phever have already had a number of brushes with Comreg already probably don’t want another.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

102.5fm must be one of the strongest Dublin pirates I've ever seen in Balbriggan, its stronger here than the RTEs from three Rock.
    BBC Radio 2 from Camlough on 88.7 has been suffering co-channel from the Dublin pirate on 88.8.
    BBC is comfortably stronger so the pirate is a nuisance source of noise.
    Balbriggan is in a blackspot towards Dublin, so 88.8 could be clashing with Radio 2 well to the north of here.

Cen Fahd go bhuil me aig eisteach le Comorans gaeilge air 94.3 FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »
    Cen Fahd go bhuil me aig eisteach le Comorans gaeilge air 94.3 FM?

RnaG is dóigh liom?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Not the first time RnaG has been relayed on 94.3 for tests....

Then again RTE used to relay pirates back in the 80s. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Infoanon wrote: »

Wait, what?

102.5fm must be one of the strongest Dublin pirates I've ever seen in Balbriggan, its stronger here than the RTEs from three Rock.
    BBC Radio 2 from Camlough on 88.7 has been suffering co-channel from the Dublin pirate on 88.8.
    BBC is comfortably stronger so the pirate is a nuisance source of noise.
    Balbriggan is in a blackspot towards Dublin, so 88.8 could be clashing with Radio 2 well to the north of here.

Same out my way thyve a huge signal and the sound is much better than anything else pirate wise. The most pro pirate Dublin has had in years hopefully some djs on it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

Is it the end we have been waiting for ???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

Infoanon wrote: »
    Not the first time RnaG has been relayed on 94.3 for tests....

Don't you mean rte jammed pirates in the 80s?

Where has Easy Radio gone? Have not heard them on this week same applies to Phever on 94.3 FM what’s happening?

hot fm bull **** off since 10 to 4 Like the tx is plugged out .

Nothing...... 0 ........dead air

Lets hope it stays off give everyones ear drums a break!

Fmradiofan wrote: »
    hot fm bull **** off since 10 to 4 Like the tx is plugged out .

Nothing...... 0 ........dead air

Lets hope it stays off give everyones ear drums a break!

Plop fm

I’m hearing reports that HOT FM got raided this afternoon, A Comreg Van was seen in Saggart village around 3.30, Twenty minutes later HOT off the air, this is third party information, Can anyone confirm?

I’m hearing reports that HOT FM got raided this afternoon, A Comreg Van was seen in Saggart village around 3.30, Twenty minutes later HOT off the air, this is third party information, Can anyone confirm?

Best news ive heard all week!

But that could have been any wanker in a van in saggart,
    cumrag..... I mean, comreg dont drive around in a big van with "comreg" written all over it.

ComReg vans can be all over on other business, so may not be related.

Well if it's the case .that's a very quick reaction to the newspaper report s last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

You would think they have "comreg raiding party" stickers on the side if the vans reading some posts,

Phever back on 94.3 tonight.

• Advertisement

1025kiss just gone off air now .hope they where not raided

Advertisement