Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

JDxtra wrote: »
    Phever and Kiss sounding well. Great to have two good dance stations.

Kiss would be great if they had live shows

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Fmradiofan wrote: »

Yes, that would be nice. Phever are doing this very well. It's a big effort to move from a purely automated station to one with a decent studio, link equipment, DJs to manage etc. It would also be nice if Kiss had a good internet stream, even if it only attracts a small number of listeners a stream and some sort of app is a good idea. One step at a time, it'll get there. :)

Yes, that would be nice. Phever are doing this very well. It's a big effort to move from a purely automated station to one with a decent studio, link equipment, DJs to manage etc. It would also be nice if Kiss had a good internet stream, even if it only attracts a small number of listeners a stream and some sort of app is a good idea. One step at a time, it'll get there. :)

I agree, prefair a good live station than automated tbh. Don't see the point in an automated one. May aswell listen to spotify.
    Yeah phever is a good job and has been from day one, however as with many live pirates its "pay to play" for the djs/presenters and from what i remember it was €65 per dj per month. Its a great platform to be on but for some is a lot of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Phever are now only a sparodic broadcasting station unfortunately due to the fact that Comreg are monitoring big time what’s broadcasting on the band. As I quoted before Phever have had a number of brushes with Comreg and are in no mood for another visit from Comreg so it’s understandable why the are so sparodic with broadcasting, Terrible pity good music on this station.

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »
    Phever are now only a sparodic broadcasting station unfortunately due to the fact that Comreg are monitoring big time what’s broadcasting on the band. As I quoted before Phever have had a number of brushes with Comreg and are in no mood for another visit from Comreg so it’s understandable why the are so sparodic with broadcasting, Terrible pity good music on this station.

Comreg are well aware of were phever's studio/sites etc are located. They have been going for years now! Clearly comreg are incompetent morons and they havnt been doing their jobs, its a small country everyone knows someone who knows someone.
    Whats the point of having a regulatory body if they do **** all for years and then some geebag from a licensed station starts bitching and moaning of how "these pirates are stealing from legitimate broadcasters" then comreg go hell for leather for a couple of weeks then bearly heard from till the next prick moans in 2 years!!!

Mark my words in a month everyone will be back on or at least most will!!

Comreg?? ask me hoop!!
    ****ing joke!! Waste of money!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭Infoanon

99.0 Energy 1395 Relay - strong signal across Dublin tonight, originally on 99.3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

It would in fairness I know they have no stream and would be great if they had .but whatever works for them I suppose.out of all the pirates there the only one still 24-7 .they must have a good tx site

It would in fairness I know they have no stream and would be great if they had .but whatever works for them I suppose.out of all the pirates there the only one still 24-7 .they must have a good tx site

castle2012 wrote: »

Yeah i reckon the fact that they are the only one broadcasting 24/7 at the moment will be their down fall. If they dont follow suit and play it safe like the others they will be gone in a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 overseer

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but what is the situation with dab radio in Dublin? I heard rumours of a dab station coming on, can anyone verify this? I enjoy the great quality of dab in the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Comreg are well aware of were phever's studio/sites etc are located. They have been going for years now! Clearly comreg are incompetent morons and they havnt been doing their jobs, its a small country everyone knows someone who knows someone.
    Whats the point of having a regulatory body if they do **** all for years and then some geebag from a licensed station starts bitching and moaning of how "these pirates are stealing from legitimate broadcasters" then comreg go hell for leather for a couple of weeks then bearly heard from till the next prick moans in 2 years!!!

Mark my words in a month everyone will be back on or at least most will!!

Comreg?? ask me hoop!!
    ****ing joke!! Waste of money!!!

I agree that the article was absolutely a bad idea. However the current wave of action from Comreg commenced before it was published.

Its a run of light enforcement. They want to avoid having to bust down any doors as this is expensive and often not even effective.

Comreg don't want to be doing this at all and they will do the minimum they have to. This is a good thing on one hand as it allows a couple of pirates to get a good run. But on the other hand it allows the numbers of pirates to grow to a point where there are too many complaints for them to ignore.

hibits wrote: »
    I agree that the article was absolutely a bad idea. However the current wave of action from Comreg commenced before it was published.

Its a run of light enforcement. They want to avoid having to bust down any doors as this is expensive and often not even effective.

Comreg don't want to be doing this at all and they will do the minimum they have to. This is a good thing on one hand as it allows a couple of pirates to get a good run. But on the other hand it allows the numbers of pirates to grow to a point where there are too many complaints for them to ignore.

They had sent letters to site owners of several stations back around may if i recall correctly. The problem is that one or two get a good run without much hassle and then everyone thinks they can jump on the band and the fm band is clogged up. But that article just put the cherry on the top!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

I agree, prefair a good live station than automated tbh. Don't see the point in an automated one. May aswell listen to spotify.
    Yeah phever is a good job and has been from day one, however as with many live pirates its "pay to play" for the djs/presenters and from what i remember it was €65 per dj per month. Its a great platform to be on but for some is a lot of money!

65? That’s ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

overseer wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but what is the situation with dab radio in Dublin? I heard rumours of a dab station coming on, can anyone verify this? I enjoy the great quality of dab in the car.

Yes it's in the pipeline I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Dundalk not Donegal, Sligo is new afaik , Dublin is on the way according to rumours

Infoanon wrote: »
    Dundalk not Donegal, Sligo is new afaik , Dublin is on the way according to rumours

Wrong thread :P but yes your right.

65? That’s ridiculous!

I know and from what ive heard its been increased again i dont know how much they are charging now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I was in Waterford City area this weekend. I picked up Open Tempo on 105.1 around the city and out as far as Tramore and Dunmore East. The reception was great in all those areas. Leaving Waterford today, I could still pick it up as I crossed the border into Co. Kilkenny until around Mullinavat. I suppose the flatness of the area in question allows the signal to travel that bit further. Incidentally, Open Tempo has an unusual music mix which appears to be soul music and related genres and derivatives. When I was listening, it seemed to be all automated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

I was in Waterford City area this weekend. I picked up Open Tempo on 105.1 around the city and out as far as Tramore and Dunmore East. The reception was great in all those areas. Leaving Waterford today, I could still pick it up as I crossed the border into Co. Kilkenny until around Mullinavat. I suppose the flatness of the area in question allows the signal to travel that bit further. Incidentally, Open Tempo has an unusual music mix which appears to be soul music and related genres and derivatives. When I was listening, it seemed to be all automated.

Live and pre-recorded shows almost every evening, all of Saturday and most of Sunday almost all exclusive to the station

North east this evening 91.0 on a blank carrier , Pherver 94.3 sounding good , 1052kiss sounding good , 104.2 Storm as always good , Retro 107.1 very weak ( they must have moved sites or are on very low power )

• Advertisement

Has Phever increased power on 94.3 very strong around Rathfarnham ?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

How can Easy radio claim to be on air in Dublin since 2001 when they’ve been off air more times than on?

Listening for a few minutes last night the presenter was closing down the station but the station was continuing to stay online & dAb so it wasn’t a closedown.

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fisherman Sam

Is hot fm goinf to make a return to 91 fm? Whats the point of silence from there transmitter

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Is hot fm goinf to make a return to 91 fm? Whats the point of silence from there transmitter

This is not Hot.

How can Easy radio claim to be on air in Dublin since 2001 when they’ve been off air more times than on?

Listening for a few minutes last night the presenter was closing down the station but the station was continuing to stay online & dAb so it wasn’t a closedown.

Am I missing something?

You must have hit a nerve lol, have a look at their latest Facebook post!

hibits wrote: »
    This is not Hot.

Thank jayziz!

What’s that on 94.3fm now?

Thank jayziz!

Could be now fm ? Don't know whats worst

Could be now fm ? Don't know whats worst

Now are miles ahead of hot not even in same league!

• Advertisement

Now are miles ahead of hot not even in same league!

Both sh/t. Then now and there 30 90s songs on repeat . Should both disappear from the radio and leave it to pros like kiss and retronow

Advertisement