Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is Bishops Quay and howleys quay road reopening?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

They have removed half of the rock now and are on their final drills for the support pylons. The deck should go up quick enough afterwards. They have some of the supports already up outside clohessy's. I'd say come the end of August there should not be a lot left to do

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

Some things changed ... now the fences to delimit the area are 50 cm to the entrance of my building.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭sleepyman

Look good when it's done.Dunnes Stores could do with a lick of paint though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭pigtown

It's a pity this isn't ready for this weather. I imagine it will be a nice place to go in the sunshine. I wonder if the architects have designed shaded areas though, there are no mature trees like on the Strands so it could get very hot there (for a week or two a year anyway).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

They should move the Riverfest down there next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

They might......if it's finished.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    They might......if it's ever finished.:)

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭moby2101

When is it gonna be finished??

Worked on larger WwWwwwwaaay larger scale local projects than this in Aus, UK Monaco Austria and they were completed ahead of schedule...

Really can't see why this small but nice project wasn't put to bed MONTHS ago.. typical ireland

Didn't mean that in a condescending way to the workers but the main contracts engineers etc should get a mighty kick in the hole

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

moby2101 wrote: »
    Didn't mean that in a condescending way to the workers but the main contracts engineers etc should get a mighty kick in the hole

They'll probably blame the weather. One of the worst springs on record, I believe (from listening to news stories about animal fodder and turf harvests).

• Advertisement

... ps

Controls of contacts & allocation in this country is kindergarten... We the taxpayers are footing this bill btw

moby2101 wrote: »
    When is it gonna be finished??

Worked on larger WwWwwwwaaay larger scale local projects than this in Aus, UK Monaco Austria and they were completed ahead of schedule...

Really can't see why this small but nice project wasn't put to bed MONTHS ago.. typical ireland
    I agree-can't believe they're still pissing about down there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

sleepyman wrote: »
    I agree-can't believe they're still pissing about down there.

Quango.....take twice as long as it should to milk the taxpayer, you can bet there are no late penalties in the contract.

Quango.....take twice as long as it should to milk the taxpayer, you can bet there are no late penalties in the contract.

Would it not have made more sense to start the boardwalk first?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The amount of customers/money Clohessys must be losing out to in this weather is sickening!

Normally, it's one of the "go-to" places for an outside drink.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I was coming across the shannon bridge yesterday and I noticed 5 or 6 brackets for the boardwalk attached to the quay side. So hopefully we'll be seeing the boardwalk pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

Video wrote: »
    its very annoying being diverted up to henry st way since november of last year instead of being able to go straight on, anyone know when the road is reopening?

From what I've seen of the plan, the diversion is permanent. The plan shows Howleys Quay as pedestrian-only.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

The amount of customers/money Clohessys must be losing out to in this weather is sickening!

Normally, it's one of the "go-to" places for an outside drink.

It still is, for some of us, but I'd say you're right about business being off a fair bit.

But September & October could still pick up nicely, and next summer is going to be one long block party, so I'm guessing Clohessy's, Small Claw's, and Squire McGuire's hope it will be a good investment.

The Glasshouse restaurant has closed wonder has the work been a factor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

unlikely location more than likely the factor nothing works in that unit

• Advertisement

Shur shouldn't that be classed a prime unit being on the river beside 2 hotels and a big pub

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bigpink wrote: »
    Shur shouldn't that be class a prime unit being on the river beside 2 hotels and a big pub

And the local Garda station...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

ya but people are lazy they wont walk down there

They've completely uprooted the footpaths outside The Glasshouse and. Riverpoint even though they were only about 5 years old and the same as Bedford Row in that they were nice and modern.

I suppose they must be going for uniformity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If they have given it any thought they should move closer to the city center. big empty building on thomas st.

The Glasshouse?

Restaurant where Harris's Bar used to be!

Isnt that the plan have the riverside a hive of activity

Seems the main few restaurants still do all the business

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

bigpink wrote: »
    The Glasshouse restaurant has closed wonder has the work been a factor
    kilburn wrote: »
    unlikely location more than likely the factor nothing works in that unit

The owner blamed the works.

• Advertisement

Surely the business knew it was going to happen tho