Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is Bishops Quay and howleys quay road reopening?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

They were only road closure notices and yes, to be fair, certain roads were supposed to be reopen by April and May.

The project itself is supposed to last longer though.

They were only road closure notices and yes, to be fair, certain roads were supposed to be reopen by April and May.

The project itself is supposed to last longer though.

7 months according to the link I posted earlier. Realistically we'll probably be looking at 8 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭sleepyman

Anyone got any photos on this?How is the boardwalk coming along?Much progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Short answer....No.
    Still looks pretty much the same as last month.
    Come back in 6 months and it might well be nearly finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Was down there on Monday morning so took two pictures. The upload on boards isnt working for me so here is the link to two pictures i took with my phone:
    http://imgur.com/iTKioGT
    http://imgur.com/ZfXAytn

• Advertisement

I quite like what they have done so far and the boardwalk out too poor man kilkee looks great in the plan (hope It works out).The area by the memorial looks much improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Saw the guy changing the flashing sign yesterday. Took off the month of may so it looks like they don't know either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

@ jmch81: Do you have any images of the restored lanterns on Sarsfields Bridge too?

A bit off topic . . . . . normally I hate to see any vegetation (weeds) growing off any of the cut limestone structures along the river, but for once this looks well.

Photo courtesy of jrambonnet

8953133376_34cd7cf340_z.jpg

8953134358_5d24b26733_z.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A bit off topic . . . . . normally I hate to see any vegetation (weeds) growing off any of the cut limestone structures along the river, but for once this looks well.

http://www.tommycollinspoetry.com/2012/07/aubrieta.html

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I read a poem today,
    it told of walls and flowers
    on and on I read,
    but found no sign of Judge Dredd.

Why would he do this,
    and write of such things
    To not mention Megacity,
    was really quite shi...

:p

• Advertisement

jmch81 wrote: »
    Was down there on Monday morning so took two pictures. The upload on boards isnt working for me so here is the link to two pictures i took with my phone:
    http://imgur.com/iTKioGT
    http://imgur.com/ZfXAytn

It looks well

Any progress on this since the last time I asked or does it still look like they've done nothing except lay the foundations for the boardwalk around Clohesseys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

sleepyman wrote: »
    Any progress on this since the last time I asked or does it still look like they've done nothing except lay the foundations for the boardwalk around Clohesseys?

The small green area around the Monument is being worked on at the moment too, as well as the paving leading down the river.

Read the thread and you will find some pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

I moved to the Riverpoint building so I can tell you that everyday, at least, they are making noises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Wallack wrote: »
    I moved to the Riverpoint building so I can tell you that everyday, at least, they are making noises.

noises of farting and burping and leaning against shovels is it?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Mmmh, about farting I'm not fully sure if is from outside.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

According to the Leader it'll be finished in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

2351368779.jpg

The extended boardwalk is a radical change of the quays.

Hope it turns out well.

Nicholas de Jong architects also designed a controversial boardwalk along the base of King John’s Castle.

Well at least they've given a definate date-I'd imagine it will be more the end of August-September.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Not sure im gone on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

bigpink wrote: »
    Not sure im gone on it

no surprise there, what exactly do you not like about it?
    Is it the girl in black or the people staring at the trolley race in the river ? :P

Not sure its kinda pointless don't think there was any need for the bridge part
    Nice benches and some flower pots maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

bigpink wrote: »
    Not sure its kinda pointless don't think there was any need for the bridge part
    Nice benches and some flower pots maybe

Wouldn't be like you to complain about something.
    If they didn't do something like the above there'd be complaints "all they did was put in a few benches and some flower pots"

Its an opinion!
    Hard to judge from drawings

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

crazygeryy wrote: »

I live & work on Howleys Quay, so we get to spend breaks watching the progress, and if there's one thing I can say, it's that this crew are *not* standing around and leaning on shovels. They are all very good at what they do, especially the one who works the big orange digger thing - he's an artist, and we have a really good time watching him.

They also have to work odd hours sometimes, as some of the work has to be done at low tide. We've seen them out there a few times, working hard, before dawn and well past dark. They are also out there in some pretty crappy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Well at least they've given a definate date-I'd imagine it will be more the end of August-September.

They did give a definite date when they started.....7 months

Now it's definitely going to be finished within 9 months.....we'll see.

edit....not having a go at yourself sleepyman, more at the citiy council who can never get the completion dates right (not even close) every time they dig a hole in this town.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »

edit....not having a go at yourself sleepyman, more at the citiy council who

can never get the completion dates right
    (not even close) every time they dig a
    hole in this town.

Was at home last weekend and I really don't think there's a hope in hell that it will be finished by August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭pigtown

mgbgt1978 wrote: »

edit....not having a go at yourself sleepyman, more at the citiy council who can never get the completion dates right (not even close) every time they dig a hole in this town.

Just having a look through the Limerick City & County annual report for 2012 and they describe the contract for this job as lasting 9 months. Does this mean that the person in charge of the info signs was misinformed?

• Advertisement

Much change down there or they still lumping rocks into the river?

Advertisement